UC 13XXL...and we're off to the races!!

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RMCG

Call CC and I'm sure they''ll help you size your pump.

Also, CC has 3/4" ID x 1"OD flex hose that stands up to negative pressure well, you might hit them up for that too.

Cool. I will give Daniel a call. Figured you might know off the top of your head, seeing as you are nearly the 'right hand of god'.

:nod

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
The entire system chokes down to a 3/4" line in the pump circut so the pump pressure/size is not so much for max flow or volume but to make a more homogenous nutrient solution in the system the tube size doesn't seem as critical in the overall scheme of things.

2" pvc in the 13 gallon buckets should do exactly the same thing as the 3" pvc other than less tendency to clog with rootmass, by design flow rate and volume are not really the issue with the pvc size or pump size.

Tex

R

RMCG

Right, but it seems they are sizing pumps differently for the different systems.

Whats the 'optimal' cycle time through the system to homogenize the solution? 5x/hr? 8x/hr? 30x/hr?

I would think you could get away with ~100GPH pump for any system if it were to just even out the solution and that doesn't seem to be the case, esp. once roots start to fill the buckets and impede flow.

I like that my nute solution shows adjustments rapidly and stabilizes within 3-5 mins.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
The 6 site we just setup has a 396gph pump on it so the entire volume turms 5 times an hour.

Most of the other ones have 500-700gph pumps on them

Tex

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Chiller coils in hand and installed..these are the shit, should have it all clickin tomorrow..

Tex

DSCN3445
DSCN3446
DSCN3447
DSCN3448
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
25 foot, the coil hiegth is perfect but it is a bitch to work around the big ass airstone in the control bucket.....If you are doin a DIY and different airstones it is easy cheesy.

Tex

B

Bobby Smith

Gracias, thanks.

Got a 50' on the way, but I don't run airstones in my reservoir so I think I'll be okay.

S

Socachi

Hey Tex you've ran the UC a couple times or more, on a 6 site 8 gal how much H&G are you going thru on a run? Also do you add anything else aside from H&G? I believe you said you're running it by the chart (i.e. full strength).
Where did you get the lids for your diy UC?
I don't recall if the question was asked, I skimmed back thru but didn't see it. If it was sorry for the repeat. Thanks. Socachi

G

GreenTrees88

If you want to get the 3x3x1 strait T PM me. I just pick one up yesterday in the city.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Lids came from UC...

No idea how much nutes I use total...

Killer find on the T

Tex

G

gadgetsmoke

Waddup TK, stopping in to say thanks for the help, and ill be learning and paying close attention.....BIGUPS!

Ben Derdundat

Ben Derdundat

If you want to get the 3x3x1 strait T PM me. I just pick one up yesterday in the city.

You can get a 3"x3"x1" T at any plumbing supply or irrigation supply house. pretty basic stuff.

Hey Tex,
Can you post up a pic of the wort chiller installed with the 9" air diffuser in the center. I bet it was fun wrestling that thing in there.:D Things are looking tits! Kick ass! :yesbd

G

GreenTrees88

I have run my under current two cycles now, without the greatest success. So, hopefully everyone can learn from my mistakes. (I also run a doubleds system.)

I called Danial at Current Culture and explained that my leaves where yellowing and the roots where not healthy even though I had a chiller etc.

I explained that I was using AN three part and the PH kept going down to 4.5 after a day. After speaking with Current Culture it seems that the Dutch nutrient systems (House and Garden) work the best according to him.

Also, hooking up the external top off tank is a big plus, which helps to regulate the ph and nutes.

R

RMCG

Dutchmaster is pretty damn stable in the UC too. A top off res is a must. I don't put nutes in or pH it, but just do daily adjustments in the epicenter.

G

gadgetsmoke

First off waddup TK and fellow farmers! My UC 6xl is in route, do i add the nutrients to the epicenter or the Res?

Is the res just for top off water?:icon_spin:

I see what RMCG just said so does that mean a 6xl would be 48 gallons and i would add my nutes based on that ( 6site x 8 gallons)..... sorry im just a new-b

Latest posts

Top Bottom