• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caliogk

caliogk

Premium Member
Supporter
Tex, the hard work shows bro.

Loving your concentrates thread too, you gotta throw up a step by step process for that black tar texas tea you make :)

S

Socachi

Hey Tex in your 8 gal buckets did you use 5" diffusers or did you go with the stones they come with? Thanks.. Socachi

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Cuz I had them both sittin right there...lol

Here is a little 6 site DIY we just did at one of our setups.

Tex

DSCN3429
DSCN3430
DSCN3431
DSCN3432
DSCN3433
DSCN3434
DSCN3435
DSCN3436
DSCN3437
DSCN3438
UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Nice DIY Tex.....holes in the modules seem a little high....shouldn't matter, keep up the good work.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I can run all my 3/4" pvc plumbing underneath now with no problems plus I can capture the air pucks under the tubes where they come in the buckets which is nice especially the 9" one in the control bucket.

I like goin through the buckets with the air lines way more than goin through the tops, much cleaner IMO.

Pumps and chillers today...

Tex

Globel

Globel

Nice diy. looks very similar to the real deal. Do they make dark 13 gallon buckets? DO you think the roots will get alot of light with white buckets?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I still have to cover these buckets like the others, I would not try and run them without something one them.

Tex

sky high

sky high

I asked if anyone had done/tried any changes to the "t' apparatus in my thread, TK. I see this system has a reduction there. Were you finding a lot of shit ...as i did...it this area or is there another reason for the size reduction?

livin and learnin' here and wearin the "Fuckin stoner" t-shirt all damn day. LOL

s h

S

Socachi

Damn Tex how many room you have it that crib of yours. Good idea to cover the buckets to prevent green roots, another grower had that problem w white UC buckets. How did you cut the lids? Socachi

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
A straight 3" T is a bitch to find, alot of cleanouts and sanitary t's but those all have that little sweep to them that controls the flow and don't work as well.. there is a 2" double sweep t that is used in the electrical industry but no 3".....found some on the internet but I was already to impatient and bucked it down to a more readily available 2" setup..

Tex

F

fuzzy

very nice work

Hey TK,everythings looking killer as usual my friend.I just wanted to ask you a question and i hope it hasnt already been asked and answered but i was wondering if you knew the length and width of your 6 site system.I have a 4 x 8 tent that im looking to run a system in.Would you have any suggestions for me?Also,im only running 3-600s in hoods.Love watching your grows and rooms. peace,fuzzy

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Not goin to fit in a 4x8 tent, maybe if you choked it up between the buckets but 40" and the control res puts a good bit outside that footprint

Maybe a 4 site on 40" centers would fit..

If your crafty, you could put the control res outside the tent an then only actual plant sites inside.

Tex

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Tee is for THC

I asked if anyone had done/tried any changes to the "t' apparatus in my thread, TK. I see this system has a reduction there. Were you finding a lot of shit ...as i did...it this area or is there another reason for the size reduction?

livin and learnin' here and wearin the "Fuckin stoner" t-shirt all damn day. LOL

s h

Reducing the size of the T would be a step backwards IMO

It may be that your debris in the tee was residual from the previous grow, or not. If I read your thread correctly your DIY UC had a 1200 GPH pump running a 6 site......with only 2" PVC.

The UC6XXL13 has a 500 GPH and that's with 3" pvc......I asked Daniel about the pump sizing before and he said if the pump is sized too large it tends to pull more root mass into the return manifold (where that tee is) where it can mat up and become anaerobic.....this said, they size their pumps for maximum flow but to minimize clogging.

Just some food for thought.

F

fuzzy

Thanks for the info.I was thinking of maybe doing that,putting the control,pumps,and chiller outside the tent and switching to cool tubes so i can run them vertical.Im only running 3 6s to try to keep heat and light bill down.thx again, peace,fuzzy

R

RMCG

Reducing the size of the T would be a step backwards IMO

It may be that your debris in the tee was residual from the previous grow, or not. If I read your thread correctly your DIY UC had a 1200 GPH pump running a 6 site......with only 2" PVC.

The UC6XXL13 has a 500 GPH and that's with 3" pvc......I asked Daniel about the pump sizing before and he said if the pump is sized too large it tends to pull more root mass into the return manifold (where that tee is) where it can mat up and become anaerobic.....this said, they size their pumps for maximum flow but to minimize clogging.

Just some food for thought.

Thanks UC!

Care to share the recommended pump GPH to bucket ratio for us DIY'ers?

I swapped out the flex line for 3/4" hard pvc (was seeing suction/compression on the hose) and I noticed the roots flowing down the manifolds sooner than before.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Call CC and I'm sure they''ll help you size your pump.

Also, CC has 3/4" ID x 1"OD flex hose that stands up to negative pressure well, you might hit them up for that too.

Top Bottom