Was He Justified???

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Was this man justified in shooting these kids???

• yes

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • no

Votes: 16 84.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Psychonaut47

Psychonaut47

As a hypothetical, what if the kid in question was special needs and did not really know any better. My neighbors had a teen son with autism that would occasionally get out and run around going into any door he saw, even trying to climb fences. That is one reason the shoot first approach isn't acceptable to me. By all means, I support protecting yourself, family, property, etc. But you need to be pretty sure that person is a legitimate threat first.
hypethetically, if you were being attacked by a guilty person and you killed them do you think you would sleep at night. If you answered yes then what's your secret...we might be able to lower the 22 suicides a day from soldiers who do/did have a tough time sleeping at night...

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I caught a kid in denver stealing my bike and almost stabbed his ass i was so pissed off. But yeah sneaking onto someone elses property in the middle of the night is not a good idea, especially jumping fences and shit. Homie probably couldve fired a warning shot and scared them off who knows. Maybe they intended to come into the house who knows. This is one reason I left Denver, too much crime and people with guns. This is one reason I dont own guns, because I would maybe make a mistake and kill someone. Ive had drunk people walk in my apartment in the middle of the night, thats how you get shot. Honestly this guy was protecting his property and medicine, so I think maybe manslaughter or involuntary or something. Would it be better if he shot adults.. Too bad its not the 1800's and we cant just go around with holsters and shoot people in self defense everyday
That's murder one or poor wording.

J-Fly, 'protecting his property and medicine' does not include staking out your grow from an elevated position, engaging and shooting, then telling the cops you just came upon them. There is nothing even close to legal anywhere near this story. "I think maybe manslaughter or something" This isn't a video game, there isn't a legal defense of any kind.

How do you commit involuntary manslaughter from the second story? "Sorry officer, I guess I shot that other kid but I was aiming for the first kid. I didn't mean to, it was involuntary, and I was scared even though I staked out higher ground and ambushed kids because I love my weed"

xavier7995

xavier7995

Yes, I would sleep fine. I think that is distinct from the case of a soldier killing someone who isn't really guilty of much other than being on the other team. To me, that is closer to gang violence. Sure the soldier is defending themself, but that is because they are also trying to kill the other side that is also trying to defend their own life. In the case of a legitimate home invader, you are not attempting to do them harm, they come at you and you defend yourself, at no point could the argument be made that their actions are defensive.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

hypethetically, if you were being attacked by a guilty person and you killed them do you think you would sleep at night. If you answered yes then what's your secret...we might be able to lower the 22 suicides a day from soldiers who do/did have a tough time sleeping at night...
I don't think we have the authority to comment on shit like this, because luckily most of us haven't had to deal with a nightmare like this.

I think we should drop it. I don't think it's appropriate to bring that statistic up, it has nothing to do with gun violence, and if it does, there are other threads for that.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I've been growing for 15 years and one harvest or plant or whatever has never made or broken me. This guy could be harvesting the rest of his crop today...

guymandude

guymandude

i can't think of an excuse why these no good pieces of thieving crap deserved the air the were breathing.

There's a special place in hell for thieves. And no, it probably wouldn't break this guy who was growing the plant. The blame lays on the tresspassing, douchebag thieves - cuz if they weren't tresspassing, douchebag thieves, they'd be alive today.

xavier7995

xavier7995

@Psychonaut47 I think what makes it hard to live with is that by going to war, you are making a conscious decision to enter into the series of events. Same thing with gangs. If we equate it to this home invasion type situation, we (the US) would be the invaders in every conflict since...a long time. The middle eastern and Viet people had us coming in to attack them, they view it as defending their home. It probably causes mental strife because on some level soldiers understand that despite the objectives of liberating people or stopping the commies, we are entering a country to kill people that live there.

Ps. Most interesting conversation topic we have had in a while. Let's hope it doesn't fly off the rails.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
i can't think of an excuse why these no good pieces of thieving crap deserved the air the were breathing.

There's a special place in hell for thieves. And no, it probably wouldn't break this guy who was growing the plant. The blame lays on the tresspassing, douchebag thieves - cuz if they weren't tresspassing, douchebag thieves, they'd be alive today.
This was not a death offense, pieces of shit or not. Thieves deserve a second chance thay are not murderers. These boys did not have a chance it's a shame you can not see this for what it is. These boys were doing what we did when we were kids. The first time I got caught stealing I was given a second chance to live. I was 13 and never stole again. An eye for an eye the murdering bastard should be handed over to the families of the murdered boys and dealt with in a swift and painful death.

Psychonaut47

Psychonaut47

@Psychonaut47 I think what makes it hard to live with is that by going to war, you are making a conscious decision to enter into the series of events. Same thing with gangs. If we equate it to this home invasion type situation, we (the US) would be the invaders in every conflict since...a long time. The middle eastern and Viet people had us coming in to attack them, they view it as defending their home. It probably causes mental strife because on some level soldiers understand that despite the objectives of liberating people or stopping the commies, we are entering a country to kill people that live there.

Ps. Most interesting conversation topic we have had in a while. Let's hope it doesn't fly off the rails.
this man's decision to be "prepared" for the kids/thieves won't prepare him for living with his decision to take thier lives...

well we have a problem right? In this case, thieves, we as a society have had these problems and have dealt with them violently and this exact problem of thievery still exist, correct? @guymandude killing these two kids will not prevent two other youth from stealing from you or your family or mine. so killing is not the answer that's all I'm saying. So no its not justified.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Nobody wins in this situation. The kid definitely didn't deserve to die. They did deserve to be disciplined in some way but not death. The farmer could of had his garden setup better to prevent all the bs. Terrible.

Outdoor is not allowed in the city of Denver....
So his garden should have had only veggies...

labud

labud

It's getting bad here in L.A.,,, robbed twice in a month ,last time ended up in the hospital
Yep that's my blood
5 black guys with guns
20160906 043510
20160906 054747
20160906 025617

dalai farma

dalai farma

Due to the rising cost of ammunition, warning shots will not be fired. Just kidding . It's a strange world we've created. Not defending people stealing but warning shots should have been fired. Usually kids or not, that'll make someone think before proceeding further if not turn and run the fuck away. Wonder if the guy felt bad after realizing it was some stupid kids doing stupid shit. I know I def. did some dumb ass stuff in my youth. Nothing worthy of being shot at but stupid all the same. Sorry LAbud for your troubles.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I guess it's time to retire that whole 'potheads aren't violent criminals, that's the meth, coke, crack, whatever' saying.

Armed home invasions, killing over a few elbows, ripping plants, we are not in kansas anymore, this is worse. The problem is that 5 elbows in Colorado is nothing, but five elbows of ColoradoGrown in Kansas or out east is quite a bit more than nothing, it's enough to take another person's life over. That is fucking insane.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Due to the rising cost of ammunition, warning shots will not be fired. Just kidding . It's a strange world we've created. Not defending people stealing but warning shots should have been fired. Usually kids or not, that'll make someone think before proceeding further if not turn and run the fuck away. Wonder if the guy felt bad after realizing it was some stupid kids doing stupid shit. I know I def. did some dumb ass stuff in my youth. Nothing worthy of being shot at but stupid all the same. Sorry LAbud for your troubles.
I wish more humans would understand, accept, and acknowledge this.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Warning shots will bring the cops in minutes in Denver. they got a detection system that locates immediately..
discharge of a firearm in city limits is a pretty major offense....especially defending an illegal grow....
Our guards dogs are on constant watch and would alert then rip to shreds any unwelcome intruders who they do not know.
TANK TANK TANK..... Killer......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom