water pH of 7.5

• Thread starter kolah
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kolah

I'm not real sure just yet.
The plants that are still healthy have just begun to flower. I just had to destroy an OG Kush, my last one of that strain.

This mystery has been ongoing for quite some time. I bet the entire GH is contaminated.

I'll probably mix up a jumbo soap and garlic (maybe hot peppers too) solution in a 50 gallon stock tank and dip each plant in it for 5-10 minutes and...drown the fuckers..then let them sit for an hour or so and then rinse em off. And do it again in 2 days. (having them all in 5 and 7 gallon buckets makes this a good option)

They say hot water would scald the little pricks as well. Maybe do a combo of sorts.

I may also try closing all the vents and heating up the GH as I can easily spike some super high temps. Bring the plants to the edge of death, enough to fry the little bastards, then hopefully revive the plants.

I've had 5 clean years running my meds outdoors, I guess I was lucky. It's all part of the game, man...ya just keep truckin,,;)

Last edited:
SunGrown

SunGrown

damn brother, I really am on your team and wishing you well!

Can you move them to a room with a wood stove and run it at about 120 or so? Long enough to heat kill most of them??

I know that is drastic but...ideally you have yourself a sauna built already and you can go have a sweat with you ladies! If not you could diy a sauna with a tarp or two and some river rocks and water...

just thinking outside the box here!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Shoot Kolah, What a bummer..:(
I'm in your corner too.
Kill them bastards!:mad:

K

kolah

damn brother, I really am on your team and wishing you well!

Can you move them to a room with a wood stove and run it at about 120 or so? Long enough to heat kill most of them??

I know that is drastic but...ideally you have yourself a sauna built already and you can go have a sweat with you ladies! If not you could diy a sauna with a tarp or two and some river rocks and water...

just thinking outside the box here!

On an average 75 degree day here in CO (outside temp) the inside of my GH peaks temps at 90-100 F and that is with all the vents and windows open, lol. If I close things up I can probably hit 150-160..maybe even friggin higher. I will have to read more about what temps will kill em and how long I should sustain that temp without hurting or killing my meds. My guess would be 2- 3 hours or so.

Thanks for all your help, man.

K

kolah

Shoot Kolah, What a bummer..:(
I'm in your corner too.
Kill them bastards!:mad:

Thanks Ken! I think it's a good learning curve for me. From here on in I think I'll start doing weekly check ups on my plants which will include 200x microscoping. And a bit more pH testing on my water and soil. I got lucky in my first 5 years of outdoor growing....and now I think I need to take the appropriate steps in regards to preventative growing concerns.

OTOH, I could just spray the fuck out of stuff every week or so with every chemical in the book (like most of the dispensary weed) but I choose not to. Oh well, life is still good.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

So did you see them under the scope.....I bought one.....I wish I could take pics of the scoped image

K

kolah

So did you see them under the scope.....I bought one.....I wish I could take pics of the scoped image

Yep, Back when I first looked I did not see them with my scope, I borrowed a friends ( a real nice set up) and there they were, plain as day. Chalk it up to "rookie error with cheap equipment." ;)

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Son of uh gun.......sorry to hear and I'm sending positive vibes on the rest of the season man

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Thanks Ken! I think it's a good learning curve for me. From here on in I think I'll start doing weekly check ups on my plants which will include 200x microscoping. And a bit more pH testing on my water and soil. I got lucky in my first 5 years of outdoor growing....and now I think I need to take the appropriate steps in regards to preventative growing concerns.

OTOH, I could just spray the fuck out of stuff every week or so with every chemical in the book (like most of the dispensary weed) but I choose not to. Oh well, life is still good.
Im learning too Kolah
I also got lucky for just a few years..But like you said..we learn this way.
and yeah, Life is good! :) Best of luck to you my brother!

Last edited:
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It's muthafuckin broad mites. :mad:

a detailed article, TMV/ broadmites http://pogenetics.com/?page_id=389

a snippet from the link: " Broad Mites tend to only infect non hygienic growing environments as they have a hard time initially colonizing in a perfect, clean environment. Once Broad Mites are allowed to colonize, they will cling on for dear life and be a growers worst nightmare until they are thoroughly treated. When a plants defenses and immune system are weakened it could exhibit signs that are quite similar to the results of a mosaic virus infestation, however, the Broad Mites are treatable and will not progress to destroy the plant as a Mosaic Virus would."
Ok, so this is gonna sound weird but EXCELLENT! NOW you *know* what the problem is, and you can formulate a plan of attack. Better yet? This is treatable.

And don't forget the aspirin.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
And don't forget the aspirin.
!!!
Yes!
Give them asprin Kolah..one 325 tablet per gal. Foliar and soil drench!
they will look better the next day
Why didnt I think of that! :banghead:

How does he kill the Broads Sea??
think the heat will kill em?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I think he should get on the Met52 and OGBioWar ASAP, treat them like russets. I find myself wondering if they're affected by something like JMS Stylets at all, either. I think someone here has posted that heat will kill them and they've done so successfully, but I can't remember who it was. :/

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Aligee says he has killed Broad mites with essential oils.
So, Isnt the JMS like an essential oil ?

SunGrown

SunGrown

hot water or a hot room can do it

3. Heat treatment. Cyclamen and broad mites are heat sensitive and can be killed if immersed in 110 degree F water for 30 minutes. These temperatures are generally low enough to cause little damage to most plants but water temperature must be maintained properly and the whole plant, pot and all, needs to be immersed. Removing heavily infested shoots first may make this process easier.

from here:
http://www.missouribotanicalgarden....s/insects/mites/cyclamen-and-broad-mites.aspx

SunGrown

SunGrown

and from another university

Cultural control: Broad mites are very sensitive to heat. Lowering infested plants into water held at 43 to 49�C for 15 minutes will destroy broad mites without damaging the plants.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Aligee says he has killed Broad mites with essential oils.
So, Isnt the JMS like an essential oil ?
No, it's a horticultural oil. If Aligee has managed them well with essential oils, that's almost easier, it's just that some of them are expensive.

K

kolah

These little dick-swingers are gonna get a entirely new meaning to "wake and bake." More like " fry and cry."

Anyway I watered my plants, gave them all a little pep talk and sealed up the GH. It was already 90F inside and it took about 40 minutes to hit 120 F and that's as high as my temp gauge reads too. It's been an hour or so and from the reading I have done it says an hour should kill them. I am going for three hours and will be monitoring things closely. After that time, I'll give them some light misting and let them recover (hopefully). Tomorrow I'll hit them up with some aspirin and then the following day expose them to another round of intense heat (to kill any new ones that emerged from any eggs that survived).

It is possible that some of the mites will seek shelter into my soil beds....and be back another day. If I can get a harvest this year then I will have to completely disinfect my GH which most likely will involve disposing of my soil.....or maybe I can heat and treat it after harvest
(close up the GH and turn the soil in hopes to expose and kill any survivors.)

Headed out to go check on them. One day at a time.

Last edited:
SunGrown

SunGrown

wake and bake'n with some little dick swingers!

I love it, If you could post a pic after the treatment to see how they look I would be appreciative.

Good luck!

Top Bottom