Weapon Of Mass Seduction

• Thread starter Egzoset
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Egzoset

Egzoset

Salutations everybody,

Passing by just to remind it can be most satisfying and still affordable.

For example, this DIY Project i launched on March 18, 2013:

Egzosets cust

It's the VaporGenie Customized/Modded to perfection. Refer to Google Images for details!

N.B.: Classic-look Aluminium tastes best. ;)

Good day, have fun!! :cool:

Egzoset

Egzoset

UPDATE

This is a complement of details relative to the "17-Holes Metal Disc":

17 53 dia Holes in 125 mm dia MD   C1 at 266 mm C2 at 481 mm 2018 Sep 5 300x300

Distance between C1 (orange) and center (red) is 2.66 mm, then 4.81 mm for C2 (yellow). Thickness is 1.0 mm exactly and diameter ranges around 12.5 mm for a drop-in fit. Each of the 17 holes is #53 (dia.) or ~1.5113 mm as i recall.

G

grassmania22

Salutations everybody,

Passing by just to remind it can be most satisfying and still affordable.

For example, this DIY Project i launched on March 18, 2013:

It's the VaporGenie Customized/Modded to perfection. Refer to Google Images for details!

N.B.: Classic-look Aluminium tastes best. ;)

Good day, have fun!! :cool:

Dang, that's a thing of beauty

Egzoset

Egzoset

Salutations GrassMania22,

...a thing of beauty

Every year i think i'm finally done so it's probably safer for me now to just reply: more than yesterday, less than tomorrow!

And here's why:

Egzosets Cust VG Pipe   Twin Cut PinHole system   Cutter Tool Max Penetration 2019 Dec 3
Egzosets Cust VG Pipe   Twin Cut On Top PinHole system   Classic Containment Zone 2019 Dec
Egzosets Cust VG Pipe   Universal Split Paths Twin Cut On Top Core PinHole system 2019 De

This is a Universal (Split-Paths) Twin-Cut On-Top Core-PinHole system maintaining compatibility with the Classic (wood/alu) and Bronze Sherlock handles, genuine or augmented with manual control paths. Actually a large collection of previous illustrations (even going back to 2010...) is available for download from Google Photos:

Semi DiY Challenge(s)​

Possibly still in good time for Christmass.

Good day, have fun!! ☮

Egzoset

Egzoset

Salutations,

Recent efforts to define a "Universal Split-Paths On-Top Core-PinHole" system finally confirmed while gaining some more perspective.

Well, i'm afraid related "DeLuxe" scenarios would call for impractical/fancy tooling as Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM), etc. By chance my "Easy-Made" alternative only involves a basic drill accessory, specifically a " (dia.) metal-cutter wheel of which the diameter is critical when used in combination with these simple elementary directives: #1) draw a Containment Mark (in red) on the flat (Sphere/Top) Mating Junction around the perimeter of a Classic Bowl (dia. ~ 18.8 mm); #2) stop performing a twin-cut of the Screw Base half-way to this Containment Mark; #3) from the Flame Catcher side punch a couple Direct On-Top Core PinHoles at an angle, if step #2 went fine then only a very thin metal layer should have remained at the cut edges.

N.B.: Smooth those edges to prevent their sharp features from interfering with a Sphere/Top's normal screw action...

The customized VaporGenie Sphere/Top as presently suggested now looks like this exactly:
Easy made Universal Twin Cut On Top Core PinHole System by Egzoset 2019 Dec 11 400x360

A possible premium "DeLuxe"/"No-Cut"/"Drill-Only" version follows below:

Egzosets 6th Year Ed of Cust VG Pipe got On Top Core PH 2019 Mar 17 400x400

Compared to VaporGenie's genuine VG pipes the apparent difference seems minimal and yet its implications proved most essential, while the lazy (old) Permanent PinHole system shown next hardly justifies itself unless the selection of tools was really rudimentary:
Egzosets Cust VG Top with Dual Path Manual On Top PinHole 2019 Apr 11 400x400

In all 3 cases my Core PinHole path was about connecting the 17-Holes Metal Disc (eventually the "susceptor") of my Hybrid Core to the Containment channel formed around my Sphere's Screw Base near the surface of its flat Mating Junction (where it meets the Bowl). That twin cut "KISS" trick practically solves all PinHole issues in a very convenient, compatible and efficient manner. The main objective being to manually control fresh air injection right past this critical core element:
Heat Decoupling Pads of 125 mm dia x 1 mm Metal Disc with 17 53 Holes 2019 Jul 31 400x40

Here's a global cust. Classic view completed by an inside one (upper-left "DeLuxe" box) clearly showing the internal Core PinHole path where fresh air makes direct contact with my 17-Holes Metal Disc, between its associated "SiC Front Puck" (not seen under) and "Top-of-Bowl SiC Puck" wrapped in Brass Screen (not installed):
Egzosets Cust VG Classic   Internal PH Path 2019 Apr 10 480x400

Such Hybrid Core assembly may seem more obvious if represented like this:
Egzosets Fully Customized VG Hybrid Core 2019 Mar 25 600x300

Or this:
Egzosets 6th Year Edition of Cust VG Pipe 2019 Mar 11 400x300

It's a "Split-Path" PinHole design which simultaneously supports manual control either from a finger-resting site located directly on the Sphere/Top itself or on the handle, which in the later case connects via a sightly-adapted Bowl, in this case a Classic Aluminium one (separated from its handle to show the hidden side):
Egzosets Cust VG Sphere with Dual On Top PinHole Paths 2019 Jun 6 320x300

Most unfortunately the Classic Wood/Aluminium handles which i prefer for their aroma/taste performance also happen to translate into a more involving challenge as i got no easy shortcut to suggest for any of those:

Classic On Top Manual Core PinHole Handle Path 2019 Mar 20 21 500x640

A finger-resting site conveniently located under my thumb on the handle connects my external PinHole path to the internal one via its "Auxiliary" side. Pumping action generates pressure transitions that promote airflow movement once a cloud has formed. Actually it's even an option to manually operate Fresh Air injection from both sides, though with little additional benefit i believe.

Ultimately my Hybrid Core structure paves the way to multiple IH-driven enhancements once converted to Full-Metal Spheres/Tops, for example easy Reclaim/Maintenance could result from exploiting a "Near-Symetrical Reversible Capsule" concept as this:
Egzosets LAVA Bi Energy Capsule 2017 May 26 400x400
Depending on internal PinHole (P1/P2) routing it may prove quite practical to rely on such a universal system as it gets reconfigured by a simple change of handle. Shown above the heat vectors change direction by 90 degrees to implement a "Defocussing" effect while both cannabic streams converge at the center, while below these are unidirectional scenarios optionally featured with 2 heater stages (à la Sublimator):
Egzosets LAVA Bi Energy Near Symetrical Capsule in Reversible Mode 2018 Jul 4 300x274
Egzosets On Top Core PH Shield Effect for Pre Heat Cycle 2016 Mar 3 200x200

The 2nd Hybrid Core makes an excellent filter at room temperature (poss. for later reclaims) but that's also an opportunity to implement post-vaporization re-heating, either to shrink the microscopic vapour droplets even further (to ease passage through the lungs/bloodstream barrier), to "Heat-Activate" cannabinoïds more deeply, or more likely a combination of both.

Here's what a minimalist LAVACapsule measuring only 1¼" (dia.) could be like:
Full Metal Reversible LAVACapsule 2020 Proposal by Egzoset 480x360

Briefly put this is absolutely safe for finger skin unless abuse was intended, contrary to thermostatic contraptions the overall mass of metal just sucks excess heat before it can risk to cause a burn, which means even blind or visually-impared people would be able to use it without having to fear. Susceptor mass would range around 0.75 g per unit while the whole asssembly reaches a hundred grams:
Hole  Disc Volume Calculation 480x640
Final Disc Mass vs Metallic Alloy 380x360
Each Monobloc is only slightly magnetic, the Bowl Ring and susceptor(s) would form most of the magnetic circuit while aluminium Flame Catcher blocs are not. Overall the susceptor-to-capsule mass ratio falls around 1~2 % and still a mere 25 % if compared to the total magnetic load instead, which i figure to be appropriate for a "Spot-Heating" strategy intended to direct energy into my Hybrid Core, keeping intense heat away from finger skin.

An approximate evaluation predicts a temporary-storage capacity near about 1 hundred Joules, maybe half maybe twice but not diverging by an error as far as fivefold IMO:
Energy vs Alloy  Temperature 640x500

In any case power injection using a ~300 Watts IH driver should only require a few seconds to perform the "Pre-Heat" cycle (#1), separately from the final one (#2):
David vs Goliath Burst mode Sling Analogy 480x230

This implies only a minimal (unwanted) "baking" effect results from a pulse's "Attack" and "Decay" periods.

So far "Plan-B" alone is worth the effort already and that's little more than an approximation of Pulse Heating, i figure IH driving shall be its digital equivalent promissing increased precision "Micro-Bursting" still supporting the presence of Inlet Water, because the main materials selected by Dan Steinberg (nearly twenty years ago...) would be most compatible either with extra-hot exhaust gases from clean-burning butane (H2O + CO2) and/or just distilled water vapor, even simultaneously to be exact...

Anyway it's been a long post and there's too much left to explain when INDEPENDENT DUPLICATION & PEER REVIEW would simplify my sharing task immensely.

Good day, have fun!! ☮

Last edited:
Egzoset

Egzoset

Have no fears, "Plan-B" is as ready as anyone can get and "Plan-A" promisses to prove even more rewarding.

Basically it's just a matter of putting money where the mouth is...

😎

Egzoset

Egzoset

Preliminary retrospective:

This particular adaptation still offers momentary "Inlet Water" as its main trade-off, though in exchange of now depending on some innaccessible glass cavity that actually requires more frequent/involving and careful maintenance if compared to metal VaporGenie pipes: e.g. the later only needs particles to get brushed off before the rest washes away after a couple 94 % alcohol sprays, followed by generous rinse/dry cycles - or in time-pressing situations maybe even optional cotton-pampering...

In other words the "lungs path" could prove being seriously exposed to potential pathogens which happen to thrive in close/warm and somewhat moist environments (...), especially with cotton inside:
Egzosets 2021 Waterless Setup Jan 8 850x400

So i'm no fan of fragile "bong" style setups but at least i can give this fairly-basic advice: NEVER blow in it, obviously... On another hand glass feels like a blessing when dynamic cloud/sunlight patterns finally allow some rare level of absolute no-brainer/intuitive operation. What's less evident is the other major trade-off imposed by such fresh transition, not to mention my justification making this acceptable: "Micro-Bursting" vs tooth decay { from the cust. pipes... }!

😯

M'well, i didn't exactly lose all benefits from Pulse Heating but my aroma/taste appreciation sure suffers a lot from this much air-dilution since my custom consumption method was already optimized to "do more with less" (by using only ~100 Joules per ~30 mg puff of dry shredded flowers or so)... Unfortunately i must warn that additional pulse "stretching" actually caused its "applications range" to move toward plain party-like dosing abuse, while my goal was to gain better "Micro-Dosing" granularity in hope to promote self-awareness improvement in a "Harm Reduction" context.

But i discovered in retrospective my residual energy bursts could play some co-factor role in tooth decay, unless sufficient heat-damping occurs prior to the cotton ball, possibly by passing through SiC Foam... Which renews my convidence in the reversible Near-Symetrical LAVACapsule model configured for "Plan-B" - too bad this ain't in my opportunity window anymore, as i dream of self-maintenance screens, dual-band multi-mode IH drivers and more.

Paradoxically it turns out the average users would quite probably conclude they couldn't really afford not to evaluate this, if only given a fair chance to DUPLICATE & PEER REVIEW via direct 1st-person experimentation, that is...

Good day, have fun!! ☮

Egzoset

Egzoset

Update

A sufficient amount of time allowed me to acquire the sort of perspective necessary to make up my mind about choosing between the "Handles" (especially my favourite model in terms of aroma/taste appreciation, which is the Classic-like aluminium) vs my recent "bong" incursion - in absence of liquid water, just to be exact.

The larger bulb translates into such volume it can be unforgiving of excessive operator enthousiasm, leading to more frequent combustion incidents and hence a need for maintenance again... More than ever it seems quite impossible for me not to perceive a most rare opportunity by further cultivating KISS design while backward-compatibility (with its original PATENTED inspiration source) should be maintained/protected IMO, since it's only meant as a "Prototyping Platform" serving as proof-of-concept to invite future editions - or at least dream of those.

Thanks to flu i got some time to visualize what's next on my to-do list, so it felt relatively instinctive at 1st when i finally returned to the BatCave again:

Egzosets Full Metal Customized VG Classic like Tops 2021 Aug 6 480x240

Drill!! ⚙️🛠️

One funny legacy of imperialism in my province has been the transition between inches and centi-meters, or milli-meters in this present case. That's how i got it marked 1¾" or 1½" (inches) on the side and the rest in mm...

One main problem before the pandemic used to be a difficulty of alignment each time an attempt was made to drill through the short aluminium stubs all at once. Solving that also solved another problem: the accumulation of alignement errors should i gamble on my un-aided ability to drill from both sides, towards its center:

38 mm dia Full Metal Cust VG Top   17 mm radius Centering Marks 2020 Feb 14 480x500
40 mm dia Full Metal Cust VG Top   21 mm radius Centering Marks 2020 Feb 14 480x300

On the table i had a "caliper" with sharp/hard edges perfect to leave a semi-circular arc-shaped scratch , 21 ~ 22 mm (dia.) for the larger pieces, around 18.5 mm (dia.) for my 1½" units. Target heights are 23 and 26 mm respectively, with a fair bit of excess material still awaiting removal during future steps.

By rotating each arc's starting point i was able to create a clearly identifyable no-scratch zone at the middle intersection, which in turn implicitely ensured both holes would join fine, provided the tower drill is properly adjusted to begin with. No brain-damaging calculations here, only simple tricks accessible to anyone with a motivation to DUPLICATE & PEER REVIEW! Take note my 2 pictures shown above date back fo mid-February 2020 and below as well...

The objective so far is to enlarge each "pilot" hole to ¼" (dia.) in order to force further alignement of a few large hole-cutting "bell-saw" tools. As an option some clear-plastic (E) containment ring needs to seal the longitudinal space between 2 half-capsule tops (around the bowl), so i'll want to dig a trench near each top-base perimeter. My 1.0" mark (D) corresponds to the "Monobloc" flat anular seat, 5/8" is for a cavity (C) accomodating its external diameter and 9/16" is the Flame-Catcher (B) funel diameter ending that same Monobloc:

Full Metal Tops for Cust VG Pipe by Egzoset 2020 May 25 480x360

Last year i've estimated error margins better than 1 % could be achieved using basic tools as those which one may expect to find visiting some moderately-equiped garage.

Slim Full Metal Cust VG Tops by Egzoset 2020 Mar 17 400x360

In addition, proceeding patiently by gradually drilling that pilot hole (using successive drill-bits), it was possible to displace alignement errors in the center and cancel them further each time the hole was enlarged. Whatever error there was it's now gone without leaving a trace and enlargement to ¼" will finish it up by preparing my next task. I advice against the temptation to go too deep too fast as this exposes to a risk of beaking the drill-bit in a moment of distraction, possibly rendering the metal stub useless.

😉

Ideally i think i must maximize the pilot hole contribution until it's time to create a Monobloc cavity, not to mention i ain't decided yet if my tops shall get shaped into VG-like spheres too, which would practically remove their flat base though in presence of a pilot hole that's not going to be much of a problem if i choose to do so.

These metal-crafting sessions proved difficult as a result of bad eyesight, so i play there for a couple of hours at most knowing i can resume work only when a chance shows up (e.g. days, weeks, months or even a year! later). But another step was made and i keep wishing for more as this would conclude my "Plan-B" beautifully. Then "Plan-A" might follow, eventually, but i need my capsule 1st.

Qui vivra verra. Good day, have fun! ☮️

Last edited:
Egzoset

Egzoset

One step closer to my LAVACapsule concept for the VaporGenie Classic/Bronze Sherlock...

Egzosets Cust VG Pipe   Metal Top   A quarter inch Pilot Hole initially drilled from Both Si

Briefly put, rod diameter (1½" or 1¾") can be considered reliable. So, if we agree that qualifies as a positioning reference then this shall imply its perimeter should inherit such crucial feature as well... I've already explained how to conveniently perform semi-circular marks to delimit 2 central points, e.g. 1 per side and now i can illustrate how this may reveal an angle error in transversal cuts. For example:

Egzosets Cust VG Pipe   Metal Tops   Transversal Cut Misalignments AFTER vs BEFORE touch up

The framed insert shows correction performed AFTER while some BEFORE close-up appears at right. Those metal stub candidates could finally get paired as a function of how they aligned to the central axis, with precision priority given to the 2 future VG "top" bases facing each other, e.g. transfering final alignment errors to the capsule's outer edges ("Flame-Catcher" funnels).

Out of a set of 6 pieces only 1 resulted in a "reject", which leaves fair potential for 2 duos and 1 orphan:

Egzosets Cust VG Pipe   Metal Top   Transversal Cut MISALIGNMENT as cause for REJECTION 640

At that point it's about time to mention the "pilot" tutor made of strong steel that is a substitute for the drill bit of a bell-shaped hole-saw:

Egzosets Cust VG Pipe   Quarter inch Metal Rod as Drill Pilot in Whole Bell Saw Cutters fo
Egzosets Cust VG Pipe   Metal Tops  Quarter inch Pilot rods 480x480
This pilot has a crucial role to play because it transfers positional reference reliability to a cutting tool mounted on that central rotating pole, essentially. Hence in principle one can expect to manage in symetrically removing excess material until the object is round enough to finish giving it a spherical shape simply using sand paper...

Actually i could as well decide to go with 1¼" cylinders but the plan was to stick to VaporGenie's genuine sphere theme and i intend to try my best before all options are exhausted. In the meantime i must shop around to find adjustable hole borers, though usually intended for ceramic tiles...

Egzosets Cust VG Pipe   VG size over large metal piece 390x360

At least i didn't need to depend on expensive industrial factory equipement to progress this far in materializing my old fantasies. Transversal cuts can even be made by a hand saw at the cost of using more patience and muscle if necessary, but i must admit a vertical drill will prove even more useful and i got mine for a hundred canuck bucks a while ago, which i still find appropriate for average domestic setups anyway. One other scenario might be to rent the tools but i didn't even need or want to check.

Too bad i can't keep and operate these noisy tools where i live, hoping my next post won't take too long...

Good day, have fun!! ☮️

P.S.: Follow safety procedures as the piece can start rotating when a drill bit gets stuck, potentially creating a dangerous object with serrated edges, e.g. don't start until wearing glasses and gloves, etc...

Last edited:
Egzoset

Egzoset

Well, « Slow & Patient » would sound much like some understatement here, but « Better Late than Never! » ...

So lets make a modest update:
LAVA set of Hole Saw drilling tools with Free Movement Pilot by Egzoset 2022 Aug 2 480x640
Egzosets full metal LAVA set of Hole Saw Bi Metal vertical drill tools 2022 Aug 1 480x270

To keep up with the passage of time...

😎

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

I'm not sure what this is all about, but you are persistent I'll give you that. Here's some likes for your thread from 2018.

Egzoset

Egzoset

Salutations Shaded_One,

I'm not sure what this is all about, but you are persistent I'll give you that. Here's some likes for your thread from 2018.

Thanks, i just noticed the activity and actually got to wonder what it was all about. Seems reciprocal, somehow...

Well, it's about saying goodby to irritating coughs, rafale sneezing, itchy skin, etc. All nuisances which can ruin a "session", if not the day! Only intended for VaporGenie Classic pipe owners ready to DiY, waiting for Independant Duplication & Peer Review, by the way. Feel adventurous? ...

Good day, have fun!! ☮️

Latest posts

Top Bottom