Weird

• Thread starter mr skunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mr skunk

mr skunk

Have a question....if I wanted to go to a bigger pot maybe 5 gallon bucket how would I do that without stressing or killing my girl....she's not gonna be tall but I can see roots at top of soil and going to the side I don't want it to be rootbound or nothing....or is this one ok

IMG 1144
IMG 1145
dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Straight water with a tiny bit of B12 or even super thrive. And then put it back in the exact same spot don't give any newts for a few days it won't use it anyway.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Have a question....if I wanted to go to a bigger pot maybe 5 gallon bucket how would I do that without stressing or killing my girl....she's not gonna be tall but I can see roots at top of soil and going to the side I don't want it to be rootbound or nothing....or is this one ok
I definitely agree you need a bigger pot.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Try a small 3 to 5 gallon rectangular plastic trash can, they have edge handles and fit great in tight spaces. You just have to drill a bunch of holes in the bottom for drainage. Just squeeze and roll your pot to loosen the roots and soil from the side and tump it upside down with your hand on the soil and the stalk between your finger and thumb to transplant. You should fill the bottom of the new pot with media first.

mr skunk

mr skunk

Thanks for the replies ....yea I had to drill this one...just nervous about doing it really....I grew in these last time and plants got like 3ft tall no problem....I'll see about biting the bullet and doing it...just my only one for now so don't wanna kill her

mr skunk

mr skunk

So should I do it after watering so it's more likely to stay together ?

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

So should I do it after watering so it's more likely to stay together ?
It's really going to depend on the mass of your root ball whether or not it falls apart. If you have roots coming out the bottom of the pot then you should have a pretty solid chunk to handle at transplant. If not you may consider letting it go a little longer before transplant. I usually let it dry out a little bit First. Either way I would try to keep it as intact as possible there will probably be no need to loosen that rootball. Just set it in loose soil and Let It Go. Sometimes it helps to have an assistant. In my opinion if you can get the entire thing in a bigger pot without disturbing the soil at all that is going to be your best bet.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

One bit of advice I can give you is to make sure you have your new pot 100% ready before you pull that plant out. You may need to measure or use a stick to get the correct amount of soil in the bottom of the new pot. You want the top of your plant to wind up being in the right position in the new pot when you are finished. The last thing you want is to have to set that plant down and have it fall all apart while you add soil to your new pot.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

That plant is going to be a little difficult because it is so short and bushy. Don't be too disappointed about any damage to the bottom leaves after transplant. Just cut those right off it will be fine.

mr skunk

mr skunk

Awesome thanks ....I have supplies coming from town so as soon as it shows up I'll start the process...I want to clone her but just another thing I'm hesitant about any suggestions on that and yes I've researched and looked it up and saved threads on it just like hearing other people ways...thanks for all the replies

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Awesome thanks ....I have supplies coming from town so as soon as it shows up I'll start the process...I want to clone her but just another thing I'm hesitant about any suggestions on that and yes I've researched and looked it up and saved threads on it just like hearing other people ways...thanks for all the replies
Yeah start your clones before transplant that way if anything goes horribly wrong you'll still have your plant. As far as cloning there so many ways of doing that just stick to the basics. Some varieties people will consider to be extremely difficult to clone. It is not that they are more difficult it is that they have different requirements.

mr skunk

mr skunk

Yea clone the plant lol the leaves are huge tho huh....yea I've read so many ways but I'm trying to do things easy....I know usually if it's easy it ain't worth it but I have a very very simple set up and had good results last time...people wanted me to grow again just I have a hectic schedule at times and yea if I had the money most people had I'd have the badass growroom and top of the line lights but if you can get good results cheap then why not....my yields might be smaller but I really do it for personal and for some of the locals so not too worried about it

fatawa

fatawa

yea if I had the money most people had I'd have the badass growroom and top of the line lights but if you can get good results cheap then why not....my yields might be smaller but I really do it for personal and for some of the locals so not too worried about it
nothing wrong with making it happen on less equiptment..n some ways easier cuz u hav less to go wrong.so just continue doing yur thing in honing n yur environment brother.plants look good.in what is yur easy cloning method?lay it out for us

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

TBH a veteran can grow just as high of yields and quality without buying all that junk. You only need a few things to be successful. And that doesn't include Bubba Joe's juicy Bud juice formula LOL

mr skunk

mr skunk

Lol true that....I'm still reading up on cloning....I don't have a method in mind yet ....really debating on the clone dome or the hydro setup...the only reason I'm considering the dome is my humidity levels are naturally low because where I live....right now it's in the 40s which is bad for veg growth but can be ok from research I've done...I've seemed to have lost both humidifiers wtf...but will be great for flowering...I'm on the interweb everyday looking up different things like cloning and growing ...I get the basic ideas just the technical stuff I don't

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Sometimes it can be as easy as putting your cutting in a little drinking water bottle and set it on the windowsill in Your Shower. Or cut off the bottom of a milk jug to make a mini Greenhouse in your grow room. It's more based on experience than the equipment you buy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom