Welcome to my little dungeon.

• Thread starter Goodshit97
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Well i might just freeze tonight. My furnace has not shut off in 2 hours, my pellet stove is cranked up on 5, i have 2 1500 watt radiant oil heaters running at 75°, and my living room is 61, my bedroom is 52, and i have frozen water lines too so i cant even take my nightly shower. 🤬🤬🤬

I cant fucking wait to move out of this shithole trailer.

E

elusiveshame

Corona lockdowns sent a massive surge of NY, NJ, CT, MA residents fleeing to Maine. My sister is in real estate and they weren't just buying vacations homes or getting out of dodge for a bit,, they were relocating permanently.

The people from CT happened because people from NY and NJ bought up tons of property here since it was cheaper than where they were (somehow, though NYC I totally understand).

The 4 states you just listed are states i would never considering living in after visiting. Imo, they all suck. NY is a beautiful state, really is, but the taxes, politics, and everyday people, just suck. At least where i am in new york, states fkin capital, and its a dump

CT isn't bad, though there's definitely a few undesirable things that go on here (like non-municipality owned utility companies jacking up the kw/h rate by 100% recently). I'd never want to live in NY/NYC, and the other states are just too cold for me. If anything, I'd be going south.

Turned my light down and raised it up, plants need water but i cant get any from the sink with everything being froze.....

That's rough dude :/ Fingers crossed your pipes don't get any damage.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

Ok so first step .you need whte rice.not brown or wild rice just plane Jane white rice.take about a cup of white rice put it in small bowl.uncooked white rice.

Step two add 3 cups of water to your rice.take a spoon a stir it around until your water is cloudy white.

Step three pour your water into a cup or bowl filter out the rice. You just want the cloudy starch water.at this point you let your wife know your having rice for dinner.or throw it away.just keep cloudy water.

Step 4Cover the bowl of cloudy water with a paper towel and rubber band.or dish cloth and string .whatever you have it just needs to be covered and needs to breath.set in out of direct sun light for 2 days.after two days it will have a slightly sweet smell.dont let it go much longer that 2 days, a week is to long.

Now you have caputred your bacteria in the starch water.there will be other stuff like yeast and other bacteria in there with it so you want to purify it.you do this with milk.goats milk cows milk cat milk whatever you got.i like organic cows milk but whatever.

Step 5 take your cloudy culture and add to 10 parts milk.so one part culture 10 parts milk.dosnt need to be exact. You want to pour the culture into the milk.there will be a small amount of sediment that looks like white flakes on the bottom of you culture glass.try not to pour this in, even if you have to leave a small amount of liquid behind.no flakes or sedamint.i like to use a flower vase for my milk holding container.something with large top ,that dosnt get small at the top .you want it to be glass or see through plastic. Those glass ice tea containers with the pour spout at bottom works awesome just use what you have.cover top in breathable material.place container out of direct sun .it will take about a week sometimes less and the curds from the milk will form a very thick white layer on the top,you will have a yellow whitish gold liquid on the bottom, this is the whey. The whey is what you want it is your purified collection of lactic acid bacteria. There are trillions of them in there.

Step 6 if you are doing your collection in a container with a pour spout you simply open spout and drain out the whey.if not carefully remove the curds off the top with a spoon try not to jostle it around or shake it up.pour out liquid after curds are removed. Filter the liquid twice through a towel or sheet. dont want any of the curds in your finished bacteria.always filter at least twice.

At this point it will have a sweet cheesy smell my wife dosnt like the smell of it its not to bad. Store in Mason jars in the fridge .it will keep about 6 months. If you have to store it at room temperature keep it out of sun.at room temp storage you will want to super saturate it with brown sugar. Not white sugar use brown sugar .I will fill a jar about 2 /3 to 1/2full of liquid and slowly add brown sugar and stir. Slowly stir enough sugar in until the liquid can't hold anymore .you will notice the sugar will want to float on top as you get close to having enough. You want enough sugar added that the liquid won't hold anymore and a bout 1/2 of sugar settles at the bottom after you stop stirring and it won't absorb in no matter how much you stir.the sugar will take all the water from the bacteria and it will be in a hibernation state stable at room temp will keep about 6 months.i like to super saturate with sugar and store in fridge keeps about a year that way.it will smell realy bad like paint thinner or alchol when it goes bad

About a teaspoon to a table spoon in a gallon of water is all you need. I dimmed my lights way down and spray a hour or so before lights out.use to clean with at a higher ratio up to five or six table spoons a gallon.wipe tent down counter space mopp floor.the lactic acid bacteria will out compete almost any pathogen. Big food factories use it to help disinfect equipment. Dont use two much or two often on plants and soil it will Robb nutes from the plants.

Has hundreds of uses.good powdery mildew prevention.
Thanks ill try this once for the experience, are you saying the lactic acid bacteria fight pathogens at the root as well?

SSgrower

SSgrower

I've thought about using the intake screens but what do you do when you go into flower? Unfortunately I do not have a room that is dark all the time 😕
I have the ability to keep a "dark" room but my growmie has had 2 re-veg in a row and won't listen to me as I try an tell him: light leaks cause re-,? Great "Hillbilly" tech, keep it comin! SS

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

The valve on my propane tank froze up its so cold, so i took one of the 2x4 heat mats i wom from spiderfarmer and wrapped it around the tank in hopes itll have enough heat to get the valve open and running propane through it again.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
The valve on my propane tank froze up its so cold, so i took one of the 2x4 heat mats i wom from spiderfarmer and wrapped it around the tank in hopes itll have enough heat to get the valve open and running propane through it again.
Hey man I hear you this weather sucks, we're at -30C = -22f and our oil furnace won't shut off for more than a minute or 2 then back on....we're warm though as long as the electric stays on.... and its windy as fk....walking outside to get to my shop is painful.......Stay warm man, hot drinks and warm blankets and lets hope this cold spell breaks soon....smoke one....I am....

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Hey man I hear you this weather sucks, we're at -30C = -22f and our oil furnace won't shut off for more than a minute or 2 then back on....we're warm though as long as the electric stays on.... and its windy as fk....walking outside to get to my shop is painful.......Stay warm man, hot drinks and warm blankets and lets hope this cold spell breaks soon....smoke one....I am....
Yeah its effin cold for sure man. Im about to twist up a double paper fatty, put all my snowmobile gear on and crawl my ass under my trailer and check all my heat tapes. Ive got 2 extra 50 foot rolls here in my shed so im gonna see what i can do to keep these lines from freezing again tonight. Gonna plug my 55,000 btu salamander in and blow that under the trailer for an hour or so and hope that will thaw out my pipes.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Yeah its effin cold for sure man. Im about to twist up a double paper fatty, put all my snowmobile gear on and crawl my ass under my trailer and check all my heat tapes. Ive got 2 extra 50 foot rolls here in my shed so im gonna see what i can do to keep these lines from freezing again tonight. Gonna plug my 55,000 btu salamander in and blow that under the trailer for an hour or so and hope that will thaw out my pipes.
Hey I'm not the guy but there's something about keeping your taps open when you try and quickly thaw them....you can crack your solder joints and split the fittings apart or split the pipe causing more issues......Google it ...what I have is old grey matter... not as reliable as google

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Leave water flowing continuously if get it moving. A decent drip slow flow.
Opening cabinets that have pipes in them will also help warm them.
Haha thats the worst part, i have all my faucets trickling, it still froze cause inside my house dropped into the 50s and it was -40 outside with the windchill. I have hot water at my kitchen sink still so i have some water thankfully

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Hey I'm not the guy but there's something about keeping your taps open when you try and quickly thaw them....you can crack your solder joints and split the fittings apart or split the pipe causing more issues......Google it ...what I have is old grey matter... not as reliable as google
Yeah i always leave my taps open when it freezes on me. It also helps everything is pex here so it kinds expands. Been here 4 winters now and it freezes every year. Nothings broke yet. *knocks on wood*

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Heat gun or blow dryer helps in a pinch.

Propane heater, anything to get you through the night okay. Hot stones even hold warmth for a long time. (Had to use hot fire pit stones one camping trip.)

Top Bottom