Wembley in RDWC

• Thread starter stltoed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stltoed

stltoed

So, this is my first thread at THC Farmer. I have a small confession to make... i harvested 4 of my 5 plants already. I have one left so I figure I'm still eligible.

First off, my grow area its totally thrashed. Harvesting the other plants took its toll. So if you see leaves everywhere or items left out im blaming the last couple weeks.

I grow in a 50 gallon RDWC, and 1 in soil usually all the same strain. I built my system from 2 repurposed aeroponic systems. I can grow 14 if I had to, in a pseudo SOG style, but I usually only grow one or two per pot.

I use a very large air pump (AirForce 80 linear) with an 11inch diffuser per pot. I use such a high volume pump not only to ensure O2 saturation is met, but i believe it helps move nutrients through the roots. It helps keep the roots clean, and free from dead spots that might happen from the roots touching the wall of the tub.

I dont use a chiller, but i grow in a shed in Southern California where heat can be a factor. I use a 6 inch fan to keep my nutes cool. I'd be more than happy to show any of you how i can drop water temp by as much as 20 degrees. And its cheap. I feed my plants Silica to help the heat.

I use the Gen Hydro trio. Ive tried others but always came back to them. I also use Hula Bloom by Grow More, Fulpower Fulvic acid, Grow More Nitro free calmag. There are other teas, and things.

Lights right now are a double ended HPS and a CMH. Im a LED guy, but i sold my Black Dogs during a break to help with new speakers. I will be looking at ChiLED when I have the means to do something about it.

If you guys have questions please give me a ring.

The strain today is Wembley from Pramid in Spain. Its a sister to King Tut. I grew King Tut a while back... first 2 pictures

Its an 80/20 indica. Its easy to grow like Tut. But i had a lot of variation in the way they grew. All but 1 plant were weeks late to finish. 1 plant in hydro only did 2oz, grew slow, in any other situation i would have culled this one. The plant behind it was completely different. It did 23oz. It had 60 inch branches and owned the room (imagine my surprise).

The soil plant was in a 3x3 closet under a 400 watt Spectrum King. It did 10oz almost 11. Buds were perfect. Heavy, and sticky. The big plant grew a little different... buds were monster but not as dense. 4th picture

So, the last plant...
Its exactly 3 weeks late. Buds are big, but still have a large amount of white pistils STILL! 3RD pic. I lowered the nutes from 1300 to around 1100. My pH is heading south due to the dead roots left in the tubs. I usually try to keep the harvested plants alive so the roots aren't an issue but 2 of the plants died... Wipeout. Im running a filter bag on my feed line from the pump so any particulates are trapped at the bottom of the tub, not doing laps through the system. If the pH thing gets much worse it may put an end to all this pretty quick. If I gotta break out the peroxide, I'll probably just pull it

Pretty simple really. Im gonna be taking a break till November after this season, but maybe I'll do a real thread next time.

If you have questions please let me know

Wembley in rdwc
Wembley in rdwc 2
Wembley in rdwc 3
Wembley in rdwc 4
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Nice. Ive never run coco, but I can appreciate the want to learn something new
Yeah I come from rdwc, now in soil and next into coco. This year is all about new stuff.

Well that and @cemchris and @Dirtbag decided after soil that I would do coco so yeah.... Not sure how that got worked out but it did. Rubber arm syndrome but I'm pretty pumped to go back to water

stltoed

stltoed

Yeah I come from rdwc, now in soil and next into coco. This year is all about new stuff.

Well that and @cemchris and @Dirtbag decided after soil that I would do coco so yeah.... Not sure how that got worked out but it did. Rubber arm syndrome but I'm pretty pumped to go back to water
I'm reading three books from a man named Jeff Lowenfels, called: Teaming with Fungi, Teaming with Bacteria, and Teaming with Nutrients. They basically tell you how plants eat, how they request nutrients from bacteria and fungi. Theres SO much to it. They arent long, under a couple hundred pages. Im in the middle of the fungi episode... its a little long.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm reading three books from a man named Jeff Lowenfels, called: Teaming with Fungi, Teaming with Bacteria, and Teaming with Nutrients. They basically tell you how plants eat, how they request nutrients from bacteria and fungi. Theres SO much to it. They arent long, under a couple hundred pages. Im in the middle of the fungi episode... its a little long.
All important. Can you find them online?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yep. He did 4 books all together. The 4th is on autos... not worth it. He's also on Youtube. The books are $25 each. The "Teaming with" trilogy is amazing stuff
Yep. He did 4 books all together. The 4th is on autos... not worth it. He's also on Youtube. The books are $25 each. The "Teaming with" trilogy is amazing stuff
Not sure I'm willing to pay that as there is plenty of free info. However it's a lot more convenient when it's in one place.

stltoed

stltoed

So what the plan in November? Have ideas already?
I have solar panels but 1500watts all the time take its toll
I need to take a break to allow the panels to catch up so I don't pay at the end of the year. My vacation till November is that break.

I have an old car that I was thinking of selling. If I do that I will double my grow area, buy new lights, all sorts of fun stuff... but im not sure i want to sell it

Wanna buy a 1953 Chevy custom panel? Haha

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

Hey, Bro
I haven't seen such a good post for a long time.
how do use your silicon?
How many ml are used in each stage? What should be paid attention to when using silicon ? Thank you so much.
Hope you can share more, Bro.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have solar panels but 1500watts all the time take its toll
I need to take a break to allow the panels to catch up so I don't pay at the end of the year. My vacation till November is that break.

I have an old car that I was thinking of selling. If I do that I will double my grow area, buy new lights, all sorts of fun stuff... but im not sure i want to sell it

Wanna buy a 1953 Chevy custom panel? Haha
Sounds like you need to just give the car away and make a bigger space 😁

Top Bottom