What’s GNick55 up too

• Thread starter GNick55
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Hey, nice stuff you have going there, as observationist commented pretty plants.....What are you using for nutrients? Foliar spray? There is definitely a difference in light quality between the 1000w Eye Horts and cheaper brands, I pay about $130 Cdn once a year for a new lamp, I've tried other cheaper brands ( like Vivosun crap) but I get much nicer thicker, heavier buds with the Eye horts.
last couple grows i amended with gaia green and i use botanicare grow, bloom, karma, calmag when needed or i just might use the gaia green grow and bloom or just the botanicare nutrients., either combination it’s all i’ve used the last 5 yrs or so..
i never foliar feed or spray them, just because..
has to be a reason.
the lights i’m so glad to get back to, i’ve been using cheaper ones as i got from a friend for cheap and got like 3 yrs out of them.. so this will be the first grow with these new lights in a while..

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
last couple grows i amended with gaia green and i use botanicare grow, bloom, karma, calmag when needed or i just might use the gaia green grow and bloom or just the botanicare nutrients., either combination it’s all i’ve used the last 5 yrs or so..
i never foliar feed or spray them, just because..
has to be a reason.
the lights i’m so glad to get back to, i’ve been using cheaper ones as i got from a friend for cheap and got like 3 yrs out of them.. so this will be the first grow with these new lights in a while..
Ya, I was just wondering because they look like a picture......no wind burn/smudges/marks.....almost too pretty to be real......I've been reading on here that there are a bunch going with the gaja green, I've no experience with anything other than GH nutes and I'm happy with them but seeing your girls looking so nice makes me question my choice some.....I've too much stock to quit using GH but if I end up out of everything at once I might have to think about a switch........

3 years out of 1 lamp?.........I try to replace mine yearly,,,,,,I fked up a while ago and I'd been using an old lamp, I started to have ballast problems...It ended up being the lamp, once I switch out the old all the problems went away. I expected that a lamp would burn out.....no no they can fry equipment trying to fire up an old lamp.......I use mechanical ballasts and I was swapping out parts trying to fix an issue that wasn't ballast related but was just an old lamp.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Ya, I was just wondering because they look like a picture......no wind burn/smudges/marks.....almost too pretty to be real......I've been reading on here that there are a bunch going with the gaja green, I've no experience with anything other than GH nutes and I'm happy with them but seeing your girls looking so nice makes me question my choice some.....I've too much stock to quit using GH but if I end up out of everything at once I might have to think about a switch........

3 years out of 1 lamp?.........I try to replace mine yearly,,,,,,I fked up a while ago and I'd been using an old lamp, I started to have ballast problems...It ended up being the lamp, once I switch out the old all the problems went away. I expected that a lamp would burn out.....no no they can fry equipment trying to fire up an old lamp.......I use mechanical ballasts and I was swapping out parts trying to fix an issue that wasn't ballast related but was just an old lamp.
no no i gotten like 4-5 MH and HPS lights from him..
gaia green and there’s a few others are very easy to use and manage, just don’t mix organic with synthetic..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
If need some more cleaning to do let me know ! U do great work- cleaning is my least favorite thing lol I got the plane ticket ? Lol
Anyways nice work G
oh there was more that didn’t get posted..
i also did the roof of my tent! etc

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Hey, nice stuff you have going there, as observationist commented pretty plants.....What are you using for nutrients? Foliar spray? There is definitely a difference in light quality between the 1000w Eye Horts and cheaper brands, I pay about $130 Cdn once a year for a new lamp, I've tried other cheaper brands ( like Vivosun crap) but I get much nicer thicker, heavier buds with the Eye horts.
The Hortis are nice but if you get the chance to do a run on a double ended lamp DO IT!

At the LGO I was at they swapped out their Raptor hoods for Gavita DE's. Wow! I noticed a difference and we kept the exact same environment, genetics and nutrient schedule.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
The Hortis are nice but if you get the chance to do a run on a double ended lamp DO IT!

At the LGO I was at they swapped out their Raptor hoods for Gavita DE's. Wow! I noticed a difference and we kept the exact same environment, genetics and nutrient schedule.
yep, been looking at stuff here and there..
probably be doing something like that in the future, just like to use what i have till it’s unusable anymore than decide to stay the same or upgrade.. depends on what i want or need and i kinda want to get a couple other things first..

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

i can do chin ups maybe not a lot but my back/hip has been sore the last year and the plants are right there so..
Thats insane. i dunno if id do chin ups in mine, but itll definitely hold 200 pounds no problem. I hear you on that back, i have bad nerves in my back. Some days i cant do anything its cool! Lol

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

Ya, I've been told that before and if the opportunity knocks I'll pick one up, I like the coverage I get with my umbrella type hood and the double ended look like it has a smaller foot print than I have. I'm really only using it for the heat now, I've enough led lights to keep me in a supply but in the 9 months of winter weather we have led lights just don't generate enough heat. So If I have to add heat anyways........ I think I'm stuck with the HID trough the cold months.

Observationist

Observationist

Ya, I've been told that before and if the opportunity knocks I'll pick one up, I like the coverage I get with my umbrella type hood and the double ended look like it has a smaller foot print than I have. I'm really only using it for the heat now, I've enough led lights to keep me in a supply but in the 9 months of winter weather we have led lights just don't generate enough heat. So If I have to add heat anyways........ I think I'm stuck with the HID trough the cold months.
Having this problem now ...can't crank the LED up either cause then it'll be too intense.

In the veg tent anyways ... By some shitfully insulated balcony doors...was thinking about moving it but space...

Observationist

Observationist

i can seriously do chins ups my tent with everything in there..
the best tent ever, been through a lot and still like new..
View attachment 1311977
O good I ain't the only crazy bastard here.

Damn nick those are Some fuckin gorilla tents....maybe I'll have to invest in one down the line ....awesome.

Crazy you can pull up on it lol

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
O good I ain't the only crazy bastard here.

Damn nick those are Some fuckin gorilla tents....maybe I'll have to invest in one down the line ....awesome.

Crazy you can pull up on it lol
light/hood in there plus a 6X24 inch gorilla filter.. i’m only around 140 i’m guessing,, probably could have the girlfriend in the too haha..

Observationist

Observationist

light/hood in there plus a 6X24 inch gorilla filter.. i’m only around 140 i’m guessing,, probably could have the girlfriend in the too haha..
Damn ok they do mean gorilla..

This is one of the cheapesst I could find125$ 5x5

I don't doubt the fuckin net some what pulls the poles in when I tighten it.

Lol

Top Bottom