What are you doing now Woods Eh!

• Thread starter woodsmaneh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Here is some info I found and it's a great guide to go by, I also top all my plants and most of the time the day of flip. It is better to do it 1 week before flip but I'm lazy sometimes. If you top at flip you will still get some tops shooting up and you need to bend them over, if you top 1 week before this does not happen so much. Not a big deal but there is a difference.

The 40/60 Phenomena

Plant size

The 40/60 Phenomena are events observed during the indoor cultivation of flowering cannabis, and when using a strict 12 hour inductive photoperiod (aka 12/12). The events start with the first day of the inductive stage (12/12), and end on the day a mature crop is ready for harvest, collectively this period of time is called the Days Spent Flowering.

Stretch Phase (early flowering)

The stretch phase is a period of time during early flowering where rapid extraordinary outward growth takes place. Some growers have reported seeing 5 inches of growth in a single day during the stretch. This phase is characterized first by the extraordinary growth accompanied by longer than usual internodes, then the explosive outward growth slowly tapers off as internodes shorten. The end of the phase is signaled when growth tapers down to approximately 1/2 inch or less per day. This coincides with a time span equaling 40% of the total Days Spent Flowering. At this point growth shifts from outward to building bulk on existing growth, otherwise known as late flowering or the fattening phase.

Fatten Phase (late flowering)

The last 60% of the inductive phase is a period where outward growth is less significant. In fact, it can appear as if growth has stopped completely due to the very short internodes. During this phase a more complex set of growth activities occur. It's not much different from an apple tree that stopped producing new apples and is now devoting its remaining time to maturing or ripening the apples it already has. With female cannabis, flower production accelerates, floral clusters begin to grow wider or fatten, resin production increases and peaks, sinsemilla calyxes plump, pistils start to wither and change color, and not long after that the plant is ready for harvest.

How To Use The Phenomena

The time-table of the stretch and fatten phases are important events for cultivators growing an unknown variety for the first time. The two most common anxieties for indoor growers during flowering of an untested variety are....

• Running out of headroom or grow space due to unanticipated growth.
  • Being unable to predict the harvest date in advance.
An indoor grower with limited space, especially limited headroom, can find his plants pressing against hot lights if he doesn't take measures to plan for the explosive growth that takes place during the stretch phase. Knowing how long the stretch will last can give him that advantage. Similarly, a grower with limited time doesn't want to wait until the show is over to know when it will end. There are many things he may want to do with his time now that it's freed up from the high maintenance demands of extraordinarily fast growing plants during the stretch. Having an idea whether this period of lower maintenance will extend another 40, 60, 80, or ??? days will also help in the timely scheduling of his next crop.

The 40/60 phenomena relate to two milestones.

• The Duration of the Stretch
  • Days Spent Flowering
When one of those two flowering events are known, the other two can be predicted.

You can find the calculator here

http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/fourtwenty/articles/4060.htm

neverbreak

neverbreak

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Hello, is this the Police?"
"Yes. What do you want?"
"I'm calling to report about my neighbor Billy Smith! He is hiding marijuana inside his firewood."
"Thank you very much for the call, sir."
The next day, the Police descend on Billy’s house. They search the shed where the firewood is kept. Using axes, they bust open every piece of wood, but find no marijuana. They swore at Billy and left.

The phone rings at Billy's house: "Hey, Billy Bob! Did the Police come?"
"Yeah!"
"Did they chop your firewood?"
"Yep."
"Merry Christmas, Buddy"

Canadian EH!

ttystikk

ttystikk

Hello, is this the Police?"
"Yes. What do you want?"
"I'm calling to report about my neighbor Billy Smith! He is hiding marijuana inside his firewood."
"Thank you very much for the call, sir."
The next day, the Police descend on Billy’s house. They search the shed where the firewood is kept. Using axes, they bust open every piece of wood, but find no marijuana. They swore at Billy and left.

The phone rings at Billy's house: "Hey, Billy Bob! Did the Police come?"
"Yeah!"
"Did they chop your firewood?"
"Yep."
"Merry Christmas, Buddy"

Canadian EH!

And because they're Canadian cops, they know how to split firewood with the quickness- so they were all done in half an hour! American cops would have been there all day and given up on a half empty wood pile!

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

fuck, bet that smelled bad! hectic bro.

neverbreak

We had just finished a BBQ and everyone was sitting on the deck but me, I was having a puff out front, when the power came on the noise was like gun fire about 12 to 13 shots I counted, real loud, so my boys think I just fried myself and there going 100 MPH and we all meet under the deck and all that is left is some smoke. Scared the fuck out of everyone real bad. Ladies screamed and children cried the dogs went nuts, real shit storm and I'm the bad guy. A snake had got in and was shedding it's skin and flipped the switch to 120 from 240. Smelled very acidic. Snake no where to be seen, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I fucked up changed the ballast out and used a 120 where it should have been 240. Lesson learned, drugs, booze and more mixed with electricity is a no No!

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

We had just finished a BBQ and everyone was sitting on the deck but me, I was having a puff out front, when the power came on the noise was like gun fire about 12 to 13 shots I counted, real loud, so my boys think I just fried myself and there going 100 MPH and we all meet under the deck and all that is left is some smoke. Scared the fuck out of everyone real bad. Ladies screamed and children cried the dogs went nuts, real shit storm and I'm the bad guy. A snake had got in and was shedding it's skin and flipped the switch to 120 from 240. Smelled very acidic. Snake no where to be seen, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I fucked up changed the ballast out and used a 120 where it should have been 240. Lesson learned, drugs, booze and more mixed with electricity is a no No!

LMAO...funny shit man. MGG

neverbreak

neverbreak

glad it was just a fright n didn't burn the whole place down bro. can never be too careful, eh?

neverbreak

spacebomb

spacebomb

hey woodsman.i got the chance of some ,kings kush. is it a nice grapey og? is it worth me swapping some of my haze seeds for some kings seeds?.he said there packeted etc.
Week 3 update tomorrow, Blue Berry/Dutch Passion, Selene/Sannies Seeds, White Rhino and Nightfire og/SinCity Seedsweek Home of the Dank.

View attachment 312684

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

hey woodsman.i got the chance of some ,kings kush. is it a nice grapey og? is it worth me swapping some of my haze seeds for some kings seeds?.he said there packeted etc.

Kings Kush is worth it, smelled more like musty dirt coffee and worked well. A buddy grows it. I have some seeds I'm going to give a spin.

sixstring

sixstring

Im running some kingskush x wreckage for years now and everyone loves it.was a cross from a friend, but I have wanted to run straight kk ever since.ran purple wreck for about 2 years and I currently have some trainwreck goin in party cups :)

spacebomb

spacebomb

Vevery good to know woodsman.cheers dude. + op:-) sixstrings.this is the greenhouse seeds kings kush! og kush x grape! might be nice.
Kings Kush is worth it, smelled more like musty dirt coffee and worked well. A buddy grows it. I have some seeds I'm going to give a spin.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Well it's trimming time and the girls are six feet tall fuck where does it stop, they are so big and the huge buds are rock hard. Low leaf to bud ratio I really love this Nightfire OG from Sin City Seeds. This is one of the phenol's I got the other really smelled like kush but I lost it. Fuck I do dumb shit sometimes. I'll get some more pix that are bettered focused when I take the gloves off. Starting to fight some PM so took them down early by 5 to 7 days.

IMGP0382
IMGP0383
IMGP0384
IMGP0385
IMGP0386
IMGP0388
IMGP0389
IMGP0390

Top Bottom