• Thread starter woodsmaneh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

1016655 200783470072987 752195589 n

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

so this is what happens when you put 220 into 110 ballast, the noise will make you think your under attack, lol

Love switchable ballast

Even people who know what there doing FU, at least it did not burn down the house. Smoke one when all the real work is done, not before.....
IMGP6260
IMGP6261
IMGP6262
IMGP6263
IMGP6264
IMGP6272

C

crossouttheiis

How long are you taking that blue storm? My buddy is just now vegging out a cut of that he got.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I love this time of year, all the crops are in, going to miss all the helicopters flying around in between the ultra lights. I'm at the edge of a no fly zone and there might be 1 or 2 plains come close to us in 10 months but come harvest time in Sept. and Oct. the place is like an ant hill. LEO and rippers, I like to stand on the deck with my shotgun when I see rippers (Ultra Lights 99% of the time).

I always grow out new strains in dirt outside to see if they make the cut and move on to inside for the final test. The last few years have been disappointing but this year some good ladies to grow out inside. I was very surprised with Barneys Vanilla Kush and Critical Kush both turned out very well and big yields. Doing the VK right now it's in veg week 1.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

So 3 am and I hear this racket going on, kind of a popping sound but very loud and weird. So I jump out of bed and run down to the room and the noise is louder but not there so outside I go and yup it's coming from my equipment shed. Open her up and there is a 6" fan jumping around on the floor, bearing gone. Second fan in 10 yeas to go on me. I want my money back, lol good fans last long time.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

So I have been doing more research into water and air and have almost decided that air stones are the wrong way to go and water falling or being sprayed in a stream into the surface is a better method than air stones. In my two big systems 200 gal plus I always had 2 six inch are stones running in each pod, last grows I went with one 6" air stone in each and not under the roots, just off to the side or where ever it fell. Runs were great so dong it again. So the reading I have been doing suggest that water falling on to the surface has a far greater effect and benefit than air stones, Hummmmmmmm. How did I miss that over the last few years? Any how I am thinking of what I will build to test this out. Pump and hoses looks real easy'....

You guys got any thoughts or research on this? Thanks

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
You are referring to the Waterfall effect. It does create more disloved oxygen than air stones and from what ive read this is because more surface area is exposed to the air.

ttystikk

ttystikk

It always struck me as funny as hell that the best oxygenated bucket in a UC is the epicentre!

I insist that my pump return line drops water into the head bucket from above the waterline. I think doing this in every tub might be a good way to get rid of airstones altogether.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

IMGP0363
OK so here we go, eight Nightfire OG from Sin City Seeds, there ladies were veged for 2 weeks than flipped. First 3 pix are before topping and last are after topping. Plants are on day 5 for flower. I normally top before flip but just did not get around to it. This is when I even out the canopy, you can see the tops on the floor. I toss them out because tops have a ton of auxins in them ( hormones ) and root very fast but they grow very slow so I toss them. The ladies will move to a new home in 4 days, they are going to be trees so into the UC system.
Ph 5.6
ppm 560
res temp 67
rt 75/85
rh 50/55%
co2 650/700ppm
using Canna Aqua and Cal-Mag and zone with the odd spray of Rhizotonic
IMGP0362

IMGP0364

IMGP0369

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

OK here are some up dates

This is Barneys Farm Vanilla Kush and I was very surprised by the quality and yield, I'm growing this beside the Nightfire OG from Sin city seeds. As above I toped them and they are doing great, this is going to be epic Woods. The ladies are 3 weeks into flower today and should reach 4 feet, I bent over a couple yesterday to even out the canopy.

pH = 5.6
PPM + 660
Res Temp = 68
RH = 60%
Room temp = D 86/90 N 70/75

using Canna a+b and Cal-mag with some New Magic Green that H&G asked me to try out. I will use PK 13/14 at week 5/6.

You can see the C02 monitor top left it's the white box hanging in the air and on the right top my Co2 generator. The tall cage is 4 feet.

IMGP0374

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

These are 5 foot Nightfire OG from Sin city seeds that are at week 6 in the jumbo system, I was thinking of pulling the center plant and dropping in a vertical light??? what do you think leave it alone or give it a try?

IMGP0372
IMGP0373
IMGP0375

ttystikk

ttystikk

Gotta love @woodsmaneh he's livin' LARGE!

Nice work. I'm in need of perspective on veg. How do you run your veg to get big girls like those?

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Here is a look at my nursery and some moms, I put my clones under the T5's for 8 to 12 days and keep the light 18" away, I'm growing roots not leaf. Than under two 1000w mh over a 4x6 table. The clones are 5 or 6 days old in the net pots. The larger clones in the back are 3 weeks old and get flipped in 5 days.

IMGP0376
IMGP0377
IMGP0378
IMGP0379

ttystikk

ttystikk

These are 5 foot Nightfire OG from Sin city seeds that are at week 6 in the jumbo system, I was thinking of pulling the center plant and dropping in a vertical light??? what do you think leave it alone or give it a try?

In my experience, adding light after the first week or two of bloom is missing the boat, as they're too far along in the environment they've got to take advantage of changes, especially big ones like where the light is coming from. Do your whole run with a vertical in the middle, that will give you a better idea.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Here is a look at my nursery and some moms, I put my clones under the T5's for 8 to 12 days and keep the light 18" away, I'm growing roots not leaf. Than under two 1000w mh over a 4x6 table. The clones are 5 or 6 days old in the net pots. The larger clones in the back are 3 weeks old and get flipped in 5 days.

I'm trying to get a feel for my own veg setup, I'm trying to train the girls as they grow. They need to have a certain structure to be able to go into a vertical grow situation and be able to capitalize fully on it. So far, I'm coming up with growing against a screen or tennis racquet tilted back about 45 degrees. The idea is to get the plant to be flat and to be growing up and out- it can get bushy in bloom!

Top Bottom