What Are You Pulling...... Grams Per Watt Please?

• Thread starter Desertdweler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

What Type of Light do you use for Flowering?

• HPS

Votes: 77 27.3%
  • MH

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • LEC

Votes: 14 5.0%
  • LED

Votes: 202 71.6%
  • Flourescent

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Incandescent

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Other

Votes: 6 2.1%

• Total voters
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
1.46 GPW last run.
Running 6, 1000w gavitas
41F03FF6 E6FC 4CF7 837C 132D23F6EF7D

C

Christos1974

No offence, but if all you want to do is get wasted, then giver 'er hell.

Without acting like a sommelier, I've had my fill of totally fucked up highs. At 60, I go for the quality of the high. I traveled a lot (pre pandemic) and have had to take care with south American weed. Sativa's fuck me up and hit me with intense paranoia (*gag) and anxiety. I was in Honduras (Bay Islands) a few years ago and they smoke import. One day I asked my dealer (a local I've known for years) to get me a bag. He said there's none right now. "WTF!" Ya he said. All we have is Trash. "What's that?" "Local stuff we smoke when there's nothing around" "Get me a bag."

Fast forward 2 hours. I was sitting on the beach with my feet in the water and the water was bluer, the sky was bluer, and clouds were whiter. Food was mind blowing, and I just couldn't get enough. I was sitting at the bar and tripping hard when someone asked me if the food was good here. I instantly snapped back to reality. I mean how could I be so fucking high one moment, still be in total control the next, and do another deep dive after that! What the fuuuckkkk. I was staying at a dive center and dive 100% sober, but I had to experience it. Best dive ever. You bet your boots I muled seeds home. It's the best god damn weed (for me) ever! Super energizing with not a sign of the downside of smoking a hard hitting sativa. It's a monster producer you can't kill if you try.

But there is a downside to this "Trash"; If you smoke it before bed, you'll be waking up the neighbors by cutting your lawn at 2am because you'll be looking for shit to do and sleeping isn't one of them. The high only lasts an hour if you smoke it, but in oil or edibles you're boppin' for 5 hours.

View attachment 1215748

My plan is to go back and mail a few pounds of seeds back to myself. Since bird feed is legal to import, it'll be for my birds. lol
Excellent! I have a few birds that would love some feed!
1.46 GPW last run.
Running 6, 1000w gavitasView attachment 1215761View attachment 1215763

T

TeW33zy

If you are getting more than 2 grams per watt... I really want to hear the details of your grow.
I can get roughly 2.3 grams per watt however I am a Sr. Biosystems Engineer, Algriculture with a M.S in Medical Technology. Technically, my title is Sr. NPI Quality Engineer and Sr. Design Assurance Engineer at my other employer as I am full time at 2 of the top MED-Device industries in the world. I am also a Master Grower. I pull 2.3 grams a light using (ROI E720W x2 in 5x9 Gorilla Grow tent) top talent. I run 81-85°F leaf temp | 1200 umols/m2 | 60-67% RH | @1200 ppm CO2. This is just 1 of my Flower tents. I have 4 more Flower tents where I get 1.7 grams a light. Any higher umols you run the risk of burnt buds, white tipping/heat stroking, bleach buds, nutrient deficiencies, nutrient toxicity, chronic overwatering, purple stems, evaporated terpenes, permanent lost terpene profiles, lost of oil production and much more.

Last edited:
Bobrown14

Bobrown14

Ni disputing your numbers @TeW33zy but just looking at your 2.3gm/w setup that lamp is configured for a 5x5 and you're running in 5x9 tent. I can see where you could get those numbers with just 1 lamp in there but I run 2 similar output lamps in 5x10 rooms and don't get those numbers.

Are you only running 1 lamp in the 5x9?? I'm asking because maybe I can same some $$ on electricity if thats the case.

Another ?? - are you using supplemental UVA with that lamp?

I grow in living soil no fertilizers and re-use my soil over and over with amendments between runs.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

I am a Sr. Biosystems Engineer, Algriculture with a M.S in Medical Technology.

I can get roughly 2.3 grams per watt

Technically, my title is Sr. NPI Quality Engineer and Sr. Design Assurance Engineer at my other employer as I am full time at 2 of the top MED-Device industries in the world.

The fact everybody said it was Ph shows nobody knows anything about Agricultural anatomy which is why it takes several years of College to know what your doing and plant anatomy. Had you had asked a Biosystems or agriculture engineer soon as it happened you would have had a answer right away and you wouldn't have got advice from failed growers.

I also noticed you have extreme big pot, why? Why are you putting that small looking thing in a pot twice it's size? That is a recipe for overwatering the roots, they don't like that. Give it up, this isn't for you. Just do something else

Whelp, time to pour myself a coffee. It's gonna be a long week.

Last edited:
T

TeW33zy

Ni disputing your numbers @TeW33zy but just looking at your 2.3gm/w setup that lamp is configured for a 5x5 and you're running in 5x9 tent. I can see where you could get those numbers with just 1 lamp in there but I run 2 similar output lamps in 5x10 rooms and don't get those numbers.

Are you only running 1 lamp in the 5x9?? I'm asking because maybe I can same some $$ on electricity if thats the case.

Another ?? - are you using supplemental UVA with that lamp?

I grow in living soil no fertilizers and re-use my soil over and over with amendments between runs.
As you can see I initially wrote "ROI E720 x 2. It is times 2 therefore I have 2 light fixtures in my 5x9. You don't need a 5x10 you only need a 5x9 as you get the same yield and it allows deeper penetration because Gorilla reduced the volume area. I have a 3 light rotation. I have a 2x6 into a 4x8 + 4x4 (veg) into a 5x9 with the 4x4 carry over (flower). I also have an additional 3x6 and 4x4 of which are a 2 light rotation, not a 3 light rotation.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I can get roughly 2.3 grams per watt however I am a Sr. Biosystems Engineer, Algriculture with a M.S in Medical Technology. Technically, my title is Sr. NPI Quality Engineer and Sr. Design Assurance Engineer at my other employer as I am full time at 2 of the top MED-Device industries in the world. I am also a Master Grower. I pull 2.3 grams a light using (ROI E720W x2 in 5x9 Gorilla Grow tent) top talent. I run 81-85°F leaf temp | 1200 umols/m2 | 60-67% RH | @1200 ppm CO2. This is just 1 of my Flower tents. I have 4 more Flower tents where I get 1.7 grams a light. Any higher umols you run the risk of burnt buds, white tipping/heat stroking, bleach buds, nutrient deficiencies, nutrient toxicity, chronic overwatering, purple stems, evaporated terpenes, permanent lost terpene profiles, lost of oil production and much more.
So let’s get this straight please - you are claiming over 2900 grams of bud dried and ready to smoke ? Pics

indogrow420

indogrow420

Il be honest no my bigred 250 wont do 100kmh I get about 0.65gpw rip my goal is 1gpw

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Il be honest no my bigred 250 wont do 100kmh I get about 0.65gpw rip my goal is 1gpw
Nice to see another honest grower lol. I'm pretty sure I get around 1 gpw without Co2, but have and do sometimes get less, sometimes a bit more. To get over 1.5 you really need to be using Co2 and at that point..for me, it gets to be too much hassle and equipment to maintain. But thats just me personally. I just don't care about maximum production as much as I do about simplicity and ease of production.

growsince79

growsince79

Nice to see another honest grower lol. I'm pretty sure I get around 1 gpw without Co2, but have and do sometimes get less, sometimes a bit more. To get over 1.5 you really need to be using Co2 and at that point..for me, it gets to be too much hassle and equipment to maintain. But thats just me personally. I just don't care about maximum production as much as I do about simplicity and ease of production.
I think it has more to do with strain than lights and co2. All the new leds are good. I've had some strains that can easily make 2gpw without co2. I've done others would be lucky to get 1.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I think it has more to do with strain than lights and co2. All the new leds are good. I've had some strains that can easily make 2gpw without co2. I've done others would be lucky to get 1.
It's easily the most important variable. But you likely would have yielded more with the same strains if you used Co2 with peak ppfd in a sealed setup. And the sealed setup is more likely to push north of 1.5 consistently

Not that I really care about maxing yield. I couldn't give one single shit really lol.. I just grow enough so that even a piss poor yield for the watt or square foot doesn't matter. I'll still have more than I need.

Top Bottom