What do you think my deficiency is?

• Thread starter Theknowledgeplague
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ezenzyme

ezenzyme

no theres a reason why coco growers and coco growing is a thing, when done right its pretty amazing, just like hydro, DWC, aquaponics, ebb n flow, and some dank ol organics each system has its merits and is worth while. A RO filter will waste more water than you use....Its a matter of what you believe in and what your going to spend the time to do properly, this silly guy here with his organic coco grow is going to be a bit different that coco salts and will take time to get correct. Ten in one five in two.....anyhow coco and pearlite makes more sense than these coco dominant "soils" that are really soiLESS and are some kinda strange in between and totally over priced and a total pain!!! Gimmicks....Its like why even start if you dont spend the time to start right

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

no theres a reason why coco growers and coco growing is a thing, when done right its pretty amazing, just like hydro, DWC, aquaponics, ebb n flow, and some dank ol organics each system has its merits and is worth while. A RO filter will waste more water than you use....Its a matter of what you believe in and what your going to spend the time to do properly, this silly guy here with his organic coco grow is going to be a bit different that coco salts and will take time to get correct. Ten in one five in two.....anyhow coco and pearlite makes more sense than these coco dominant "soils" that are really soiLESS and are some kinda strange in between and totally over priced and a total pain!!! Gimmicks....Its like why even start if you dont spend the time to start right
Which is why I'm also considering a flood table I can continue with coco and it would be more forgiving if power goes out or something like that

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

And also I don't think I'll need an RO system my water comes out the tap at ph 7.8-8.0 and ppm 140-180 and now that I have tested gypsum on the 2 girls I kept aside they both have run off of 6.0-6.8

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

And also I don't think I'll need an RO system my water comes out the tap at ph 7.8-8.0 and ppm 140-180 and now that I have tested gypsum on the 2 girls I kept aside they both have run off of 6.0-6.8
Nothing wrong with that water imo... ppm is well withing range that it should be fine. Ph doesn't matter you adjust thus and you always need some alkalinity so it's beneficial.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

If a guy had a farm he could recaptue his ro waste. Lol.

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

Nothing wrong with that water imo... ppm is well withing range that it should be fine. Ph doesn't matter you adjust thus and you always need some alkalinity so it's beneficial.
Which is why I don't see the reason why I would need a RO system I only let my water sit for 24-36hours before use I alternate between 3, 5gals cuz I don't have enough with 1, 5gal
They each get 1gal of water apart from my mother plants they still in 1gals rootballing like there is no tomorrow lol may pick on out and transplant it and claim it to be the true mother plant

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Which is why I don't see the reason why I would need a RO system I only let my water sit for 24-36hours before use I alternate between 3, 5gals cuz I don't have enough with 1, 5gal
They each get 1gal of water apart from my mother plants they still in 1gals rootballing like there is no tomorrow lol may pick on out and transplant it and claim it to be the true mother plant
No need to let it sit imo.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What about the clorine? You mean I've been waiting for water all this time for nothing 😂
Max allowed combined of chloramine or chlorine is 4ppm and most are around 1ppm.

It's insignificant.... maybe if brewing teas you want to but if your water is chloramine then you can't offgas it anyways. The bond between ammonia and chlorine is very strong and will last weeks without using a water conditioner or something like ascorbic acid (vitamin C)

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Max allowed combined of chloramine or chlorine is 4ppm and most are around 1ppm.

It's insignificant.... maybe if brewing teas you want to but if your water is chloramine then you can't offgas it anyways. The bond between ammonia and chlorine is very strong and will last weeks without using a water conditioner or something like ascorbic acid (vitamin C)
Max allowed. Not in my state! Lol they flush systems once a month its good to know when the city does this. I was told these flushes can exceed 30ppm! Now yours might not....ask people call the city.

Most of this is due to the fact the microbiology counts get so high they have too. I called the epa in chicago to report the city....i was taking a shower and got extremely sick af from the chlorine...thats how bad it was....you could wash your hands and smell a hint of bleach afterwards...lol

The results of your yearly water report are shady as fuck too. They throw out the bottom 10% and the top 10% of the tests from the year and get an avg from that...its good to know these things..LMFAO

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

Max allowed. Not in my state! Lol they flush systems once a month its good to know when the city does this. I was told these flushes can exceed 30ppm! Now yours might not....ask people call the city.

Most of this is due to the fact the microbiology counts get so high they have too. I called the epa in chicago to report the city....i was taking a shower and got extremely sick af from the chlorine...thats how bad it was....you could wash your hands and smell a hint of bleach afterwards...lol

The results of your yearly water report are shady as fuck too. They throw out the bottom 10% and the top 10% of the tests from the year and get an avg from that...its good to know these things..LMFAO
Well so far here it's been pretty consistent I have a friend who uses straight tap water and claims our water never gets far out of range and he adds hydrogen peroxide to his res

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Well so far here it's been pretty consistent I have a friend who uses straight tap water and claims our water never gets far out of range and he adds hydrogen peroxide to his res
I use h202 at .5% for gnats. How much does he add to the water? Is it food grade? It has to be. The stabilizer in med grade is a carcinogen. Lmfao, STUPID, right?

With your ppm, what is your waters ph? If its high like 8 then you most likely got an imbalance of bicarbnate's to carbonate's which imo would be better for hydro than for soil. Bicarbs raise soil ec too high. Salinity gets worse with bicarbs than with carbonates. You can use nitrifying bacteria to breakdown bicarb and carbonates too. Ill look for a link to that

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Heres a link about removing alkalinty from water with nitrifying bacteria. In soil im sure it works nearly identical as water. Pretty interesting

Last edited:
Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Just posting this for removal of alkalinity from soil

Gives you an idea how it works.

following equations describe the nitrifcation process.
Alkalinity buffering equation
H20 + CO2 H2CO3 HCO3 + H+ CO3 + 2H+
Nitrifcation equations NH4+ + 1.5O2 2H+ + 2H2O + NO2- NO2- + 0.5O2 NO3-
NH4+ + 1.83 O2 + 1.98 HCO3- 0.021 C5H702N + 0.98 NO3- + 1.041 H2O + 1.88 H2CO3- NH4+ + 1.9O2 + 2HCO3- 1.9 CO2 + 2.9 H2O + 0.1 CH2
From the above equations, it can be calculated that for every pound of ammonia oxidized to nitrate, the following occurs:
4.18 pounds of oxygen are consumed
7.14 pounds of alkalinity as calcium carbonate (as CaCO3) is consumed
12 pounds of alkalinity as sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO3) is consumed

This im just throwing it up there. The below doesnt pretain to your situation.

DeNitrificatioN. The biological reduction of nitrate (NO3) to nitrogen gas (N2) by facultative heterotrophic bacteria is called Denitrifcation. “Heterotrophic” bacteria need a carbon source as food to live. “Facultative” bacteria can get their oxygen by taking dissolved oxygen out of the water or by taking it off of nitrate molecules.
Denitrifcation occurs when oxygen levels are depleted and nitrate becomes the primary oxygen source for microorganisms. The process is performed under anoxic conditions, when the dissolved oxygen concentration is less than 0.5 mg/L, ideally less than 0.2. When bacteria break apart nitrate (NO3-) to gain the oxygen (O2), the nitrate is reduced to nitrous oxide (N2O), and, in turn, nitrogen gas (N2). Since nitrogen gas has low water solubility, it escapes into the atmosphere as gas bubbles. Free nitrogen is the major component of air, thus its release does not cause any environmental concern.
The formula describing the nitrifcation reaction follows: 6NO3- + 5CH3OH 3N2 + 5CO2 + 7H2O + 6OH’ A carbon source (shown in the above equation as CH3OH) is required for denitrifcation to occur.

Last edited:
Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

Just posting this for removal of alkalinity from soil

Gives you an idea how it works.

following equations describe the nitrifcation process.
Alkalinity buffering equation
H20 + CO2 H2CO3 HCO3 + H+ CO3 + 2H+
Nitrifcation equations NH4+ + 1.5O2 2H+ + 2H2O + NO2- NO2- + 0.5O2 NO3-
NH4+ + 1.83 O2 + 1.98 HCO3- 0.021 C5H702N + 0.98 NO3- + 1.041 H2O + 1.88 H2CO3- NH4+ + 1.9O2 + 2HCO3- 1.9 CO2 + 2.9 H2O + 0.1 CH2
From the above equations, it can be calculated that for every pound of ammonia oxidized to nitrate, the following occurs:
4.18 pounds of oxygen are consumed
7.14 pounds of alkalinity as calcium carbonate (as CaCO3) is consumed
12 pounds of alkalinity as sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO3) is consumed

This im just throwing it up there. The below doesnt pretain to your situation.

DeNitrificatioN. The biological reduction of nitrate (NO3) to nitrogen gas (N2) by facultative heterotrophic bacteria is called Denitrifcation. “Heterotrophic” bacteria need a carbon source as food to live. “Facultative” bacteria can get their oxygen by taking dissolved oxygen out of the water or by taking it off of nitrate molecules.
Denitrifcation occurs when oxygen levels are depleted and nitrate becomes the primary oxygen source for microorganisms. The process is performed under anoxic conditions, when the dissolved oxygen concentration is less than 0.5 mg/L, ideally less than 0.2. When bacteria break apart nitrate (NO3-) to gain the oxygen (O2), the nitrate is reduced to nitrous oxide (N2O), and, in turn, nitrogen gas (N2). Since nitrogen gas has low water solubility, it escapes into the atmosphere as gas bubbles. Free nitrogen is the major component of air, thus its release does not cause any environmental concern.
The formula describing the nitrifcation reaction follows: 6NO3- + 5CH3OH 3N2 + 5CO2 + 7H2O + 6OH’ A carbon source (shown in the above equation as CH3OH) is required for denitrifcation to occur.
That's a great piece of info, and if everything goes well I will be going hydroc like I said before just need to figure out what system won't be a pain in the ass for the tent lol

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

That's a great piece of info, and if everything goes well I will be going hydroc like I said before just need to figure out what system won't be a pain in the ass for the tent lol
I was told having many DWC buckets can be a pain and I really wanted to try DWC because my experience with hydro was a drip system and now since that's what I'm used too should I invest into a edd&flow drip system sorta combine 2 methods together.. I haven't seen much drip recirculation systems out there

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Whatever you do spend the time to really get it figured out so that you nail it

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Absolute lies... seen this by chance cause you are on ignore... honestly I wouldn't listen to a single thing you ha e said.... out and out BS in our past covos and an incredible ability to misunderstand almost everything you read, topped off with what I would calla cultists type stance on organics.

All that nonsense you posted is so misinterpreted it's not funny... yes thiae processes happen but calculate the time it takes... your always missing pieces to your puzzles and I really caution readers to dig further in his information.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Here ya go now say... something stupid to it. I will take you off ignore for a bit. More of you personal made up info... 30ppm in your tap... seriously..... just like the studies that showed chlorine did nothing to soil at 60ppm turned out to be BS and extremely exaggerated

Latest posts

Top Bottom