What have ya got planned today?

• Thread starter putembk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pinegrovedave

pinegrovedave

Wrapped up clearing about 1/2 acre of weeds and thistle (oh joy) and prepping the gardens to make room for an aquaponic system that @Seamaiden has asked me to engineer and build out for her...which of course I'm more than happy to oblige my darlin wife. :)

I must love that woman a whole bunch cuz I wouldn't be clearing that much thistle just for anybody, ya know? LOL!

putembk

putembk

Morning to those of you who choose to participate in this thread. Rain coming and we need it. I actually mowed my lawn yesterday. No the grass didn't need cutting, I just wanted to fire up the mower and make sure all is well for the coming summer. I did mow the usual pattern in my grass. Gotta piss off the neighbors. Makes them get off their asses and get busy outside.
I harvested a Head Wreck yesterday and she sure stunk the house up....you could sure smell the skunk in her. A little garden work this morning and then admin shit to do. Doing the paper work on taking dividends on 3 annuities I have. Should be income for life....as long as the company doesn't go broke...ha ha! Just finished applying for the wives social security, that was fun. Trying to get anything done involving the Government involves watching the calender rather than your watch.
Lights just came on....gotta go.....later....

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Was hoping to sneak in a few casts, better not, honey do's and chores are 2 miles high...
Fence in garden, set irrigation lines to carrots and raspberries, wash and box 3 full 5 gallon buckets of eggs, grind up 1000 lbs chicken feed, feed and water 550 chickens, feed goats, collect todays eggs, get ready for company, the kids are coming Friday as well as a visit from fellow farmer natural therapy, get baked and stay baked.....
Off I go..

putembk

putembk

Rain here today. Waiting on the plumber to fix a busted pipe. Said he would be here either Tues or Wed.....Finally showed up at 5 on wed....not to fix anything just to look and see what he needed. Said he would be here before 9 this morning.....here I sit broken hearted tried to shit (on him) but only farted.
More dealings with the bank, accountant and finical planner. Why do I feel like all these people are out to screw me????

starr

starr

Raining like hell where I am at. Was gonna go Dick around garden of the gods on 4-HO-MiPT instead im gonna go to the library maybe take out the new rs5 see how she likes wet roads.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Farming, fishing, friends......
Will deliver 120 dozen eggs, hit river for a few casts....
Will be a day of joy. We are looking forward to a visit from Natural therapy as well as our farm kids.
the girls will be making canna salve we will be doing some chores, much feasting,
Sunday we will be headed up to kamp HOWDY for an overnighter. life is good.
1st day of spring celebration....

putembk

putembk

Knock em dead starr.....
Easy day in the garden, nice day outside. Just kicking back and watching Basketball. Need to get up to my cabin in the hills to make sure all is well in the crawl space. Place is right on the river and when the snow really gets to melting my sump pumps get overwhelmed for a couple of weeks. I have seen as much as 4" of standing water down there on wet years. Probably go up the first of next week as I don't do weekends in the mountains......to many peeps on the road and I don't do rush hour either. 2nd half of the Wichita St/Indiana game is starting....gotta go, later.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
And we all will have chicken and dumplings when they come..
no need to kill the old red rooster....

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Baked as a potato. Our kid intern just got off probation, 3 months no smoke, N therapy has been blasting us with all kinds of delights, wifes making a breakfast bake, will be setting up garden today and tomorrow then it's over night at Kamp Howdy......
Beautiful spring day on farm.......
chicken and dumplings were killer......

putembk

putembk

Day off for me. I ain't doin nothin. Well maybe a little basketball on the tube. Gonna hit 70 and sunny in this neck of the woods. I will be flushing tomorrow and trimming on Monday but today is MINE!!

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Will enjoy another day on farm with our guests, then tomorrow head up River to lamp howdy for some fishing and possible sh rooming..
Will take up the boys and have a blast. The fishing right now is amazing. We will kamp and fish and feast..

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Just got report from local friend/guide. On Friday they went up and had one of the best days he has had on river for 40 plus years. 50 plus fish each, some huge Rainbows...
All small stuff BWOs midges, he's tying some special bugs fir me, cant wait.. FISHON!!!!!

sun

sun

planks squats side planks side plank crunches crunches running the dog up hills . I live up at a high altitude this is where Mohamed ali came to work out. fun fun fun .

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Farm chore catch up. Got the kids here today working after 2 days and 1 night on the river. A little spaced out after all that action. Hard for me to sleep prior to such adventures. my mind is thinking about fishon, camping, the river, non stop. Did not sleep well camping, real windy, brief rain and hail overnight. Last night slept like I was knocked out cold.
Working in greenhouse, veggie garden full day of farming then FISHON!!!!!!!

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Morning chores as usual, must go get some Soy beans for chicken feed, so why not hit river for a few casts???
Took 1 day off, so now it's FISHON time!!!!!

Top Bottom