What have ya got planned today?

• Thread starter putembk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GI JO

GI JO

This was a couple of days ago, beautiful day on the lake. My friends cattamaran.

Ladyv

Ladyv

Were any of you part of the awesomeness that Spring Break brought before Sonny Bono killed party town? :-)

putembk

putembk

33rd anniversary today so off to big bear in a bit for a ride and nice lunch,goin up the back way to avoid any friday labor day traffic,thunderstorms in the forecast,bitchin.
Jo,where is that?Fire smoke in the background?
congrats on 33, I will celebrate my 40th next summer. Wife wants to go to vegas. Used to be lots of fun now to expensive for me....but for our 40th I guess.

Cort

Cort

Las Cosuelas on the strip has good margaritas and good scenery. Great place to get a late snack and pre-party Locals go to hole in the wall types for much better food.

sky high

sky high

Playin Bob Vila on crack again this weekend at the new shanty again. Yup......got the fuckin DSL turned on too!

Gonna be replacing eave boards/fascia boards.....and caulking and painting. Then I have a couple of windows to install...one a replacement...one a new install (in an old wall). God only knows what kinda framing I'll find when I tear the siding off. Could be a serious laff.... we will see. Everything else has been BillyBobbed....so this will probably follow suit with everything else clown boy did. You guys know how to construct shit RIGHT...don't ya? :rolleyes: Should be fun..... (better roll about 10 joints just too make sure...)

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Nothing big going on at farm so morning chores then a nice nap, have our meal mid day before the nap then its........ FISHON!!!!!!!
Yesterday was so awesome, always something really cool happens on river. was wading downstream casting streamer with bald eagles soaring above and 10 feet next to me a small rainbow, 8 inchers jumped twice out of water a few seconds later a big brown jumped twice out of water. a few minutes later the same small rainbow jumped twice once again, I thought wheres that brown? and at that moment it also jumped twice out of water....Once again had the whole river to myself.....
Oh the wonders of nature.
Day ended awesomely. Tied on a green headlight caddis dry fly, cast it into soft rippled water, fish came up took a look and disappeared. A few more casts nothing. tied on a tiny trico, again fish came up took a look, gone. tied on my farorite dry fly, Tan Headlight Caddis and that same fish hammered it and the fight was on. Real nice 18 inch rainbow netted, fish was hooked on top of mouth by a thread of flesh, released and it swam off with lots of vigor.
The water has been stained and cooler than usual for summer, no stress from warm water and fisherman casting and catching them so the next 2 months will be awesome, fall my favorite time of year....
FISHON!!!!!!!!
Cant wait.........

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Plans change but must fishon. Worked all day converting the pit, back into my office, a real mess totally cleaned up no nap but am headed to river for evening action......

sky high

sky high

Labor Day is for...labor...right?

Ah......sanding old paint is so much fun. So old...it just turns to dust. Snort........ (cough..hack) Sure does look good afterwards tho.... especially when that purple paint hits the trim. :D

Mo of the same today. Better get rollin. Gonna take an Army of joints to >get 'r done< unless some of you show up to help...:rolleyes:

sky high

sky high

Caulking...painting.....installed a new window....then watched an amazing lightning show and a very heavy rain roll through to cap the day off.

More of the same today. Gotta get on it while I can! Hey...it's getting light out....time to go to work.... :D

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No more painting for me today. I decided that the chickenbirds will hopefully be more likely to use the lower row of nest boxes if they have a bit more privacy, so I cabbaged an old curtain to hang for those nest boxes. I thought, "Hey! Let's make it pretty." So the g-daughter and I spent the whole afternoon yesterday painting chicken curtains. It turned out pretty cool, in our opinions.

Today is supposed to be spent at a local campground that has a water park, but it's very cloudy. Warm, but very cloudy. Think that'll dissuade a little water girl from wanting to go to the water park? Oh HELL NO!

vaporedout

vaporedout

Labor Day is for...labor...right?

Ah......sanding old paint is so much fun. So old...it just turns to dust. Snort........ (cough..hack) Sure does look good afterwards tho.... especially when that purple paint hits the trim. :D

Mo of the same today. Better get rollin. Gonna take an Army of joints to >get 'r done< unless some of you show up to help...:rolleyes:
im a little late to your party, during my research to relocate i notice you guys still use lead paint. best to use a mask(particle). here in cali we dont use that stuff, but if a house was painted in the 70's we run straight for the masks :)
i was supposed to paint today but the rest of the crew flaked, one of those friday conversations "yeah we want to work monday" then the monday at 7am conversation "dude, i got a BBQ today and im hella hungover" hahaha and im the rookie, but ohh well i could do a little garden management today, and its raining too..... weird

urbanfog

urbanfog

today just "milling about smartly" still cleaning aftermath from the bday party, gonna brew some tea for the girls and maybe hit up a local nursery for some rosemary plants. Thank you to all the service men and women and their familys on this labor day.

putembk

putembk

Just finished the garden choirs downstairs. Now gotta mow the lawn, go with the wife for fall flowers. I would say what kind but C-Man would have to much fun with that. Remember last year?? Glad I'm not on East bound I-70 with all the others trying to get back to the city. Don't have time to sit in a parking lot this afternoon.

pinegrovedave

pinegrovedave

Finished turning another pile o' branches and limbs into a bunch of wood chips. Now to get ready for fun with the granddaughter at the water park...:)
Road 5

Top Bottom