What have ya got planned today?

• Thread starter putembk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kolah

Hey Putmbk,,, good to see ya posting again..

about cords of wood.....here's how I did it and other guys do too.

My truck bed was 4x4x8....i cut and split it and hand tossed it into the truck. If you unload it and place each split log on top of each other with little gap spaces it will not be a 4x4x8 stack of wood. Hand tossing it creates air gaps so it's not a TRUE cord. If a guy chose he could hand toss more in his truck to make up the difference but not too many woodchuckers do that..at least around here.

BUT, All of my customers knew what they were getting ahead of time as I would explain it when they placed an order. I had tons of happy customers. It was good clean, dry wood ,,,and all cut from dead standing trees (ponderosa pine, lodgepole and red spruce) Many folks ordered 7-8 cords from me and many were repeat customers.

OTOH there are some real rippers out there...selling half a truckload of green wood and charging 120-150 bucks. I always tell folks if they order wood to order one cord and see what it's like. If they like it they can always order more. I quit cutting, selling and delivering..it's hard ass work. It's getting harder and harder to get wood as the state and feds are jacking up the prices so high that loggers ain't making a profit. It is going to be a hard year to find good wood, trust me on that as I know about 10 guys who quit doing it and they were big players in the biz.

back on topic///what do I have planned today? I'm gonna eat some sweet potatoes smothered in butter and salt and pound down two beers and a bowl. Then go to bed, like an old fuck does..lol. .....work tomorrow,,another 1o hour shift.

Last edited:
putembk

putembk

Thanks for the advise Kolah. I will inspect the wood before it is delivered and make sure it is cut/split correctly and not green. I will also let them know I will expect a full cord. My cabin is in a small town and most everybody knows everybody else so I will ask around for a reliable person. When I was a boy my dad and I cut, split and delivered wood so I an not a novice. I just never got any $$...thinking the old man kept it.
Lots to do today. Harvesting, making tea and up potting plants. Probably should get my ass in gear....later

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Im going to give joints to the homeless later.
I like to do that. Used to keep blankets and shoes in my car for them, but I no longer live in an area where I even really see homeless, so I don't do that anymore. I don't always have cash on me, but I DO always have some weed on me.

Me? I plan on keeping my sanity today. Wish me luck!

ArthritiSux

ArthritiSux

I like to do that. Used to keep blankets and shoes in my car for them, but I no longer live in an area where I even really see homeless, so I don't do that anymore. I don't always have cash on me, but I DO always have some weed on me.

Me? I plan on keeping my sanity today. Wish me luck!

Sanity, what's that? Lol, alot easier to do when ya got meds. 9 1/2 more weeks till i'm self sufficient. Yaaarrrrrrr!

Gonna watch my plants grow an do the usual preschool stuff with my daughter. Maybe up pot a glue and a Killer Queen.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Most exciting post I've read on the Farm yet! :p

Bed Bath and beyond , Indulgence by isotonic.. telling ya these pillows changed the way i sleep ( ok maybe not ) but there damn comfy pillows and totally worth getting dressed and traversing the world for.

L

larebowm

I got a really screwed shoulder nuts and bolts. the recliner keeps me from rolling on it.if I sleep on it, it turns blue from lack of blood flow.then it takes weeks to stop killing me.

putembk

putembk

Hello all.....thought I would bring this thread back to live. Another beautiful day in Colorful Colorado. Snow in the East and rain in the West. Thinking I will stay right here. ha ha! Monday and flushing plants. Will make tea a little later and let it cook overnight. Have two plants to trim later in the week so its looking like a busy week for me.
Also, if it doesn't cool off I am going to have to start mowing the fricken grass. Been so warm and dry its starting to turn green and grow on me. I don't have time to be working outside this time of year, to busy in the garden.
Anyway, better get back to flushing and all else that needs to be done downstairs.....be well all.

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

Hello all.....thought I would bring this thread back to live. Another beautiful day in Colorful Colorado. Snow in the East and rain in the West. Thinking I will stay right here. ha ha! Monday and flushing plants. Will make tea a little later and let it cook overnight. Have two plants to trim later in the week so its looking like a busy week for me.
Also, if it doesn't cool off I am going to have to start mowing the fricken grass. Been so warm and dry its starting to turn green and grow on me. I don't have time to be working outside this time of year, to busy in the garden.
Anyway, better get back to flushing and all else that needs to be done downstairs.....be well all.
Incredibly beautiful days and nights lately eh! I hope we get the moisture we need this winter or atleast April showers..

Enjoy the beautiful days and don't work too hard.

putembk

putembk

Spring is finally starting to show up around these parts. I'm gonna get outside this morning and enjoy. Have an eye doctor appointment just after noon and getting my eyes dilated is probably gonna keep me inside hiding from the sun afterwards. Weekend is upon us time to enjoy the changing season. Time change Sunday.....spring forward....fall back....gonna loose and hour of sleep. I will take it though......more daylight!!

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Its spring in colorado?! *looks around at the -13 f we had yesterday* Still winter in michigan. Im crawling back in the den to smoke more pawt!

straincreation

straincreation

Is that already this sunday? Made brownies last night and sold out within minutes.
Gonna be making some more butter tonight After work. The wife broke the slow cooker so gotta go pick up one of those. Also today is pay day so i get to pay some bills woooo hooo.:cool:
happy farmin;)

putembk

putembk

Its spring in colorado?! *looks around at the -13 f we had yesterday* Still winter in michigan. Im crawling back in the den to smoke more pawt!
Yup Dabbie, the cold that has gripped Colo for what seems like eternity has moved to the north and high pressure has finally come back....feels like a t-shirt kind of a day. Won't be long and the old lawn mower will get fired up again.....can't wait...another year in the sun.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Planting veggies, lettuces, kale, Basil....Farm on...tomorrow... fish on.....

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Nice there callin for mid 30's here next week tho knowing canada there going to send down some last min cold again.. Spring will sprung eventually :D

Top Bottom