What have ya got planned today?

• Thread starter putembk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PLOOKERKING

PLOOKERKING

Scooping lots of these today. Cow plop bingo.yessireee!
20150417 124400

putembk

putembk

Scooping lots of these today. Cow plop bingo.yessireee!View attachment 503230

As a kid growing up my parents went from raising horses to Black Angus. Mushy Cow pies everywhere. At least horse turds were mostly solid. To this day I won't have anything to do with either of them. I was my dads slave labor for free. The saying is true......Greener pastures are always on the other side of the fence.

Lovely day here if you are a duck. Gonna take a walk in a few....don't know weather to take a rain coat or a T Shirt. Right now we have the sun peeking through, in 10 minutes it will be a rain/snow mix again. The creek behind the house is way out of it's banks. Supposed to do this for the next few days. We go from extremely dry to a swamp.

Weekend is here and its party time in Colo. 4/20 is upon us and the city is going crazy. All sorts of events going on here. This is bigger than St Patties Day, Independence Day and New Years all together. Can't see downtown for the smoke. ha ha! I am going to a gathering here in the suburbs and will stay away from all the pomp and circumstance. Cops will be out just looking to thump someone....excuse me....shoot someone. I'm out.

Have a great weekend and stay safe.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
420 AM..

Up and raring to go!!!!!!
Got some chores, feed chickens goats, water greenhouse, make a nice pot of French Roast French Pressed Coffee, like a quart, will add thick Jersey cow cream, quick breakfast, will be on river at day break for a full 12 hours of fish on action.
Will fire up Weber Kettle around 11 am, got a chicken to slowly grill over mesquite lump charcoal, up thgere at Kamp Howdy, named after Minnie pearl, stuffed with rice, spinach, onion, celery, walnuts, egg, butter,will serve with garden corn and butter,..Chocolate chip cookies, for desert, 1/2 gallon raw goat milk to wash it all down..
Fish on, farm on, feast on..... Ya All....
Going to be an awesome day, Chickenman sure is blessed.....And I rejoice fully.
I get to the river it's like surreal. I look around at the beauty, and solitude, and hoop it up, it's like I am in a dream, just so awesome...
Got the shroom jar, if it feels right will do for sure...
Hope you all have a great day do some thing awesome, live it up farmers....

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Fish on! After chores, will hit it for a few casts. will also follow thru and make my buddy some tomato soup and feed him his dinner...Bummed but life must go on my friend would want it that way as would I........
Once again folks live it up celebrate love and life we never know when it will all end......Comes a time...

putembk

putembk

Nice......What time of day and were you near the entrance just as you make the turn toward the boat ramp? I haven't been that far south in years. Those pics have me wanting to go. Now that I think about it the last time I was over that way was with you at Tomahawk.

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Nice......What time of day and were you near the entrance just as you make the turn toward the boat ramp? I haven't been that far south in years. Those pics have me wanting to go. Now that I think about it the last time I was over that way was with you at Tomahawk.

Yes right off the first parking lot. About 75 yards out in 16' of water or so. He ate a #16 callibaetis

putembk

putembk

By the way Cannarado that 2nd female looks like a snake. She is starving to death. The first on is nice and healthy.

Another rainy day in Colo. Got a 6 mile walk in yesterday before the rain came and will try and do the same today. Sure has been a wet year around here. First week of may and I still havent't had to water the lawn....good o'l mother nature has done it for me. Supposed to do this all week...geez.

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
By the way Cannarado that 2nd female looks like a snake. She is starving to death. The first on is nice and healthy.

Another rainy day in Colo. Got a 6 mile walk in yesterday before the rain came and will try and do the same today. Sure has been a wet year around here. First week of may and I still havent't had to water the lawn....good o'l mother nature has done it for me. Supposed to do this all week...geez.
Thats just the camera angle. That fish was 5# plus and 26" long. Thats the same fish as the first pic

putembk

putembk

Thats just the camera angle. That fish was 5# plus and 26" long. Thats the same fish as the first pic
Ok. Callibaetis?? Early for them isn't it? I thought that was a mid to late June hatch....I would have thought those #16 lake midges would be coming off now. Nice using those smaller flies....keeps the pikc off. Lets go....

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Deliveries then...Fish on hoping caddiss hatch is still going on, cloudy day cool, river running low and super clear...could be banner day...

putembk

putembk

Deliveries then...Fish on hoping caddiss hatch is still going on, cloudy day cool, river running low and super clear...could be banner day...
Low and clear???? Lucky! Rivers are high and stained here. More like chocolate milk. Early runoff though and things should start to clear and drop in the next couple of weeks. Should be a good year for bugs and I will be chasing them where ever they are hatching. Stay DRY bro.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Low and super clear. The north Fork is raging pretty good and stained out
Check report in Gone fishing..

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Ok. Callibaetis?? Early for them isn't it? I thought that was a mid to late June hatch....I would have thought those #16 lake midges would be coming off now. Nice using those smaller flies....keeps the pikc off. Lets go....

Ya they were slow on chironomids so i threw on a calli for shits and giggles. Must have caught there attention

putembk

putembk

Ha ha....something different that they haven't seen....couldn't resist. If it doesn't stop raining around here the rivers will never drop and clear. I would like to hit the White R over by Meeker. I hear it's a great dry fly river. I want to go when the flow drops to around 3oo cfs. Currently at 1277.....might take another month or so. Same with the Colo and all others. Even the tail waters are tough. Water is clear but to much flow. Reservoirs are full and Denver Water is dumping them trying to make room for more rain.

Top Bottom