What Is The Top Three Strongest Strains You Ever Smoked?

• Thread starter Tetra
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Pimples

nothing on todays watered down market even compares
I dont know about that. I was around back in those days as well. And them old timeys were good..real good. But i was just a kid and I know for a fact my pallette and tolerance was nowhere close to where its at now. Northern Lights..Skunks...Hazes..Early Pearl....G13...Williams Wonder...etc....those were the heaviest of the heavys back then but man weve come a long way since then.

BioStimz

BioStimz

Tenor 7

BioStimz

BioStimz

hindu kush 1997
NL5xHaze 1985
thai stick 1980-81

Let's compare either of the three old-schoolers to Nova OG.

Guess how many out of the 3 strains you just named, ever reached a THC-content of 35.6%?

Zero

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Theres way more to it than total THC content.

The winner of this years Emerald Cup tested out at 20%, but beat out the top THC tested strain, which was over 32%. The 20% stuff had many more Terpenes, and CBD/CBN/THCV ect, and was seemingly stronger vs the 32%. The 32% was 100% "Devoid of Terpenes/THCV/CBD/CBN

Total THC content, at the expense of other chemicals, is misleading at the least.

My top 3 are.

Viet Black from 71

NL5/Hz from the 80s.

Nevils 80s NL1 x Hashplant. Then bred back Male Hashplant Pheno, into the clone only PNW Hashplant Mom.

BioStimz

BioStimz

The 32% was 100% "Devoid of Terpenes/THCV/CBD/CBN

Total THC content, at the expense of other chemicals, is misleading at the least.
Talk about misleading..... the information you just relayed [regardless of the source] is an utter load of horse shit. No cannabis plant can be 100% devoid of terpenes..... it's literally impossible.

Oh and THCV is a neutral antagonist at CB1 --> it's non-psychotropic, so it's worthless to me.

~

~

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Super high thc modern weed has a flat boring short lived high.

It is the balance of canabanoids that give a great balanced high.

If a smoker says different about the classic strains mentioned above they obviously never had the real thing from back then.

It's like dabbing. Or smoking crack. Always chasing a high that isn't there anymore.

My high teens/ low 20's percent strains will give a much different buzz and high. Way more fun and good feeling. Even uplifting. Makes activities fun and hysterical.

I dont like sitting in chairs and staring all the time. I want to get high and go kayaking or mountain biking.

Great weed is magical. but it is not always super frosty all over the leaves and stuff.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I haven't had that problem.

Ever try any of the classic strains listed above back then?

The real skunk in the 80's beats anything I have tried with a high thc test. It was about 14% and a joint got 4 people high for hours. Really high.

You also smelled like skunk all day though. We got busted once for a double bagged roach.

But the Thai would actually make us trip out some and see visuals.

I have hybrids here that give a good impression of what it was like but the medical side dilutes the trippy side some.

There is way more to the effects of marijuana than thc.

blis84

blis84

I’ve had high thc bud that’s good but not great & 20% thc bud like GDP or a good urkle that’s killer & vica versa, it all comes down to how well it was grown, the cannabinoids & terpenes. To say high thc bud is or isn’t as potent is misleading b/c ive I had high thc bud that is some of the best shit ive smoked, & I’ve had 22% thc endless sky that is some of the most potent tasty shit ever. Also a true northern lights or g13 is potent shit but for someone to say it’s not as good as today’s bud potency wise is hard b/c does any smoker remember the exact high they had from 1997 northern lights or 25 yr old g13, we tend to remember the stronger strains as strains we smoked more recently, where we have a vivid idea of how high we were, and more of a vague idea of being ripped off of NL5/HAZE OR NL or g13. Also how much were we smoking back then as oppose to now, was it the first time of the day or the last there are so many factors into Gaging potency that we never consider. In order to gauge true potency there has to be a controlled study over a period of time w/ exact strains/ pheno from the same grower, multiple people, the strains need to be tested etc...Anyway check out divines wolverine Kush for potency, had a high thc Chemdog #4 leaner that was killer and a lower thc Bubba dom that was just as good both tasted amazing & got u wrecked the chem was a bit heavier & the Bubba a bit happier but both crazy potent & hard to pick one over the other potency wise

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Super high thc modern weed has a flat boring short lived high.

It is the balance of canabanoids that give a great balanced high.

If a smoker says different about the classic strains mentioned above they obviously never had the real thing from back then.

It's like dabbing. Or smoking crack. Always chasing a high that isn't there anymore.

My high teens/ low 20's percent strains will give a much different buzz and high. Way more fun and good feeling. Even uplifting. Makes activities fun and hysterical.

I dont like sitting in chairs and staring all the time. I want to get high and go kayaking or mountain biking.

Great weed is magical. but it is not always super frosty all over the leaves and stuff.
Exactly it is called the "Entourage Effect". The whole plant working in symbiosis with all the chemical compounds. A lot of these compounds have been bred out over the years relying solely on the thc content. That is doing the plant a huge disservice!!! It a well known fact when some of our strains started hitting dutch country a lot of breeders were breeding terpene profiles out due to the war on drugs as loud dank erb was a security risk.

BioStimz

BioStimz

Have I ever smoked those strains, back then? --> Yes.

Would I argue that they are not all magnificent strains? --> Not at all.

Would I grow any one of those beauties today? --> Most definitely.... I'm currently smoking the last bowl from one of my AK-47 grows from a while back.

Can I say that the high from the strains in the 80's was any better than one of my newer Top Dawg or Bodhi strains? --> Not a friggin' chance.

Do I sometimes think back and ask myself, WTF was I smoking? --> Yes.... but back in the 80's, we were young and impressionable, and things were fresh.... we had a different aspect on life.... or at least I did.

Sure the stuff was killer.... but the THC-content and the resulting psychotropic effects from some of today's strains, is exponentially better in my opinion.

~

BioStimz

BioStimz

There is way more to the effects of marijuana than thc.
Actually, the psychotropic effects of cannabis elicited at the CB1-receptor are mediated by THC.

Do you know of another constituent of cannabis that mediates effects at CB1.... cuz I don't.

~

~

BioStimz

BioStimz

To say high thc bud is or isn’t as potent is misleading
No, actually it isn't. The psychotropic effects of cannabis are mediated by THC.

Higher THC-content is more psychotropically-active than lower THC-content. This is an unequivocal fact.

~

BioStimz

BioStimz

And just as an example of my love for old-school strains after all these years.... I just snagged some packs of Black domina x NL1 and Sensi star. White Russian is next week. ; )

bongzaway

bongzaway

I donlt recall the old weed looking all tricromed up like we see today but there was some def fire back then. DJ Short says it's not always about the amount of tris but the composition within them. So sometimes a asskicker could be a sleeper looking plant and not look all sugery-like but full of fukn punch.I also heard in the UK those cats are spraying their flowers with some type of chemical to make them look all crystal-like. And others spray them with stuff to make them smell better. who knows ?

Top Bottom