What would you do to boost buds here?

• Thread starter JohnnyGrow309
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JohnnyGrow309

That's not a result of fan leaves that's a problem with your nutes and watering rate. I know people here that water 14x per day.. coco isn't soil it need.. it is a sponge. It can only squeeze out a max water even though it looks and feel wet to touch you can't remove all the water.. same thing in your pot coco even when it feels wet under a certain saturation the plants cannot extract water and hence can feed itself.
I do the runoff too right now. There's about 5 plants in the flowering facility that I do the same as last crop. Which is water until runoff. They are also fine but I don't see much of a benefit other than wasting water. Also the nutrients are fresher if you're watering more frequently as opposed to watering heavier. It's like 6 small meals a day as opposed to 3 big meals a day. But again, outdoors, 15 gallon pots. I can't give you advice. I never walked down that alley. Left a couple plants outside and let nature take its course alone but other than that, I've never done outdoor growing

M

MasterCookie

You see water increased water is beneficial.. is each time you water.. it pulls in air to the roots. It resets ph imbalances.. it resets nutrients imbalances and ppm drops.. it flushes bad microbes out. It removes stagnant water.. it keeps plants hydrated... it simulates an hydroponics grow. You have so much more control in frequently watering.. however there are prerequisite to be able to increase watering.. not all soil mix will benefit from increased watering. But coco is king over all other soil. Plain fact.

Madmax

Madmax

These are in 5 gal pots coco perlite..genetics is the key to bud size.these were just left overs from an indoor groww thrown outside..
Screenshot 20221111 133408

Inside
Screenshot 20221111 133451
Screenshot 20221111 133603

Screenshot 20221111 133238
M

MasterCookie

This principle doesn't only apply to cannabis.. it's for all plants.. tomatoes 3 week from transplant.

3 weeks ago.
Screenshot 20221110 223647 Gallery

Tonight.. 5 mins ago.

20221110 223043

20221110 223058

The roots!
20221110 223122

20221110 223209

M

MasterCookie

Normal day rain.. and I still water right after it falls... mix your soil right.. and you will never have to worry about overwatering.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

If you want big buds, just reveg them once you see white hairs. They will look big lol. Or you can switch to hydro ;) Im having a problem keeping the buds small and tight. I guess it depends on what you mean by big buds. Grow hybrids or sativas if you want big buds. good luck getting large indica buds every time. . thats my goal from now on. You can also keep all the larf on them after you dry it. . they always look bigger then.

TSD

TSD

What's the yield on each of those?
Here's this year's haul. Early as in not fully mature, harvested due to mold, late as in late start. All 1 plant totals, the x2 was for 2 pics. BCP was my big yielder this year, not complaining, she's a favorite.

20221110 213931

TSD

TSD

I do the runoff too right now. There's about 5 plants in the flowering facility that I do the same as last crop. Which is water until runoff. They are also fine but I don't see much of a benefit other than wasting water. Also the nutrients are fresher if you're watering more frequently as opposed to watering heavier. It's like 6 small meals a day as opposed to 3 big meals a day. But again, outdoors, 15 gallon pots. I can't give you advice. I never walked down that alley. Left a couple plants outside and let nature take its course alone but other than that, I've never done outdoor growing
Yeah they're different animals for sure, might try a full run indoors myself in a few months... I just love outdoor, so tasty... well good outdoor lol.

Madmax

Madmax

Yeah they're different animals for sure, might try a full run indoors myself in a few months... I just love outdoor, so tasty... well good outdoor lol.
Plants show there expressions vastly different inside to out too.like my pics above the genetic traits were leafy like buds out.. grown indoors were all less leaf to bud ratio..

Reactions: TSD
J

JohnnyGrow309

This poor guy has had to spend more time today defending himself I’m sure he’s not gonna want to come back here and ask questions oh geez,🙈
Lol no, I've been successful at this. But I love talking shop. Only a fool would pretend to know everything and never ask questions. I was just trying to further explain to people my experiences as someone commented they need more info to evaluate my statements. I've probably flowered more plants than anyone on this thread but doesn't make me a wizard. Nor does it mean that that I've unlocked the gates of heaven. You can always learn more especially from your peers

grnmtn

grnmtn

I've tried that before guys. Defoliating less and even not defoliating at all. It made no difference at all other than it left the plant bushy and made it a nightmare to dry. I still remember that hay smell in the drying room. Hard defoliation is definitely the way to go. Was hoping someone has some good tricks to making buds as big as possible but defoliating less or not at all at week 3 is not one of those. Believe me I've tried all methods. This one is the bes

I've tried that before guys. Defoliating less and even not defoliating at all. It made no difference at all other than it left the plant bushy and made it a nightmare to dry. I still remember that hay smell in the drying room. Hard defoliation is definitely the way to go. Was hoping someone has some good tricks to making buds as big as possible but defoliating less or not at all at week 3 is not one of those. Believe me I've tried all methods. This one is the best.
I dry my plants without taking a single leaf off and my terps scream very loud. No hay smell ever?

TSD

TSD

I dry my plants without taking a single leaf off and my terps scream very loud. No hay smell ever?
Outdoor terps usually scream louder than indoor in many cases... the sun just brings out flavors lights have a hard time matching... in my biased opinion lol.

TomH

TomH

Yeah I get that... I think everyone saying cut less leaves for bigger buds WAS the advice. No, not the same, but the way plants grow doesn't change based on how many you have. Being licensed doesn't impress many, most dispo weed is garbage. I'm really not trying to be an asshole, I just have a real pet peeve with the cut almost every leaf off method, and you came along with that pic paired with that question lol. I defoliate, I train, I keep legs clean... but they need leaves to function. Thank God this isn't a dick measuring contest, I'd surely lose as I have a vagina.
Best response ever!

Z

Zill

GreenMountain,

My first outdoor harvest and cure this year. I’m in the NE and had to harvest maybe 1-2 weeks early due to predicted weather. Quality as good as commercial but the buds are a little fluffy.

I’ll bet your buds are rock hard. By letting the plant mature properly do you think that also reduces the grassy, coumarin, aroma during curing?

ZZill.

M

MasterCookie

Outdoor terps usually scream louder than indoor in many cases... the sun just brings out flavors lights have a hard time matching... in my biased opinion lol.
I second that.. the principle of overdrying is what destroys terps.. after passing that point it's just smoking grass that gets you high.

Z

Zill

Hey MC,

I guess my question was more in regard to allowing the plant to mature longer than I was able to. If I kept the plant outside another two weeks maybe less, I'm thinking the buds would have had more time to swell. The hay odor during initial curing didn't bother me. It wasn't very strong.

TSD

TSD

Hey MC,

I guess my question was more in regard to allowing the plant to mature longer than I was able to. If I kept the plant outside another two weeks maybe less, I'm thinking the buds would have had more time to swell. The hay odor during initial curing didn't bother me. It wasn't very strong.
It's normal to get a little of that smell as the chlorophyll and other stuff is broken down, but that's why we cure. The smell should keep improving every time you open your container if you're doing it right. Full maturity definitely helps with the tightness of the buds, but genetics and environment have an impact too.

Z

Zill

Yup. That makes sense. Those Sativa's take their sweet time maturing.

Top Bottom