What's the deal with genetics?

• Thread starter TwitchVee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TwitchVee

TwitchVee

maybe try reg seeds?.......plus to the OP the chance of having that bad of luck is odd....but then again Ive only run a handful of Fems....not a fan...
Still your % is unusually high.....Ive run 100s of lines from seed...in many diff methods and in diff locals....and honestly Ive been happy with 75%+.....but I also research and study up on the varieties Im running or plan to invest in...
Can we see images of these plants?....
Tell ya what....I got a few lines.....if you cover s&h we could sort something....happy hunting
FOE20
I had never heard of feminized seeds before I started buying them, I had always used bag seeds from good smoke and in the poast my experience was indeed similar to what you're describing. Possibly feminized seeds are worthless? I couldn't say, all new to me. Even autoflowers were news to me, but I definitely don't like them. Weak and can't be cloned. I'd be interested in whatever is guaranteed good and discreet since i'm not in a legal state, but I do already have almost 2k in genetics as of this moment so no more for now...gotta run 60 or 80 or these lmao

FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
hmm...so whats your plan with all them Fems now?......Hell im game to see if this shit is worth a shit.....Id be pissed if I spent $$, but plus the time and effort involved?...yikes......
$$ dont mean shit to me but waisting time and all.......the whole point of Fems is ease and consistency.....so this seems a bit odd....
FOE20

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

maybe try reg seeds?.......plus to the OP the chance of having that bad of luck is odd....but then again Ive only run a handful of Fems....not a fan...
Still your % is unusually high.....Ive run 100s of lines from seed...in many diff methods and in diff locals....and honestly Ive been happy with 75%+.....but I also research and study up on the varieties Im running or plan to invest in...
Can we see images of these plants?....
Tell ya what....I got a few lines.....if you cover s&h we could sort something....happy hunting
FOE20
For the record, I did no research at all on any of these. I chose strains I mainly had experiences with and more modern crosses of them, but I was shocked to learn they weren't what I remembered. Pics are on my profile from a few grows

Ponky

Ponky

I had never heard of feminized seeds before I started buying them, I had always used bag seeds from good smoke and in the poast my experience was indeed similar to what you're describing. Possibly feminized seeds are worthless? I couldn't say, all new to me. Even autoflowers were news to me, but I definitely don't like them. Weak and can't be cloned. I'd be interested in whatever is guaranteed good and discreet since i'm not in a legal state, but I do already have almost 2k in genetics as of this moment so no more for now...gotta run 60 or 80 or these lmao
Most bag seeds are fems. Because their parent was.

FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
do you have a thread showing results?...
FOE20

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

hmm...so whats your plan with all them Fems now?......Hell im game to see if this shit is worth a shit.....Id be pissed if I spent $$, but plus the time and effort involved?...yikes......
$$ dont mean shit to me but waisting time and all.......the whole point of Fems is ease and consistency.....so this seems a bit odd....
FOE20
I figure i'll grow them all in time, the autos i'd like to get to someone that likes them or can make use of them. Anybody with a lower tolerance would probably be tickled with them and they'll do me no good, but I can't ship them obviously. Not that i'm going to risk

Ponky

Ponky

My hope and dream is to learn and open my own breeding set-up in my state when the laws change, just trying to get a collection of stuff I know is good. These were all just me getting started and making sure I had plenty. I guess it's apropos, because my future career would be helping people avoid this very issue i'm experiencing. As of right now, i'm just trying to come across some good mothers so I can grow something decent for my own use. I'm very new to seeds and breeders and not so new at growing them.
Clones are easier. Because someone else did the hard work of finding something good. I've been getting seeds for a few years. No luck yet.

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

Clones are easier. Because someone else did the hard work of finding something good. I've been getting seeds for a few years. No luck yet.
legit not even one decent one? Sounds like seeds in general might be a total scam that people with a weak tolerance fall for..it's really sketching me out

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

yeah, clones aren't an option for me

FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
This. To stabilize a strain, you need several generations. All these Johnny Come Lately US and Canadian seed banks simply haven't existed long enough to have stable strains. I get seeds from vendors in Amsterdam that have been in the business for decades, and reliably get good product from them. I like Nirvana and MSNL.
ok hold up......Dutch genetics are Mostly American genetics bro....Plus Dutch acclimation sucks...only reason they were avail there is cause it was legal at the time...
But they didnt call it Northern Lights cause it was created in Dutchland...or Euro at all....
Matter fact Id say the Best work ever done was on the West coast USA in the PNW....and its the backbone of almost everything out there as well....
Not looking for a argument but just keeping it real...and I personally know a handful of the breeders...
Simon of Serious, Tony of Sagar, Milo - BigBuddha, Adam Dumb, etc....stay kewl
FOE20

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
So true. My buddy phenohunts and that's where me and a lot of dudes around here get their cuts, but he will sometimes crack a hundred seeds and keep one, or none...
But he usually gets great stuff from Archive, symbiotic, thug pug etc.. Thug Pug and Archive seem to have the most keepers for him. Its the newer breeders with 1000 strains you need to avoid.

M friends that grow commercially will sometimes crack 10000 seeds and keep one or none. The phenohunting they do is off the charts. That's what will set them apart from homegrown eventually. That kinda scale is where you find the true winners.

Ponky

Ponky

legit not even one decent one? Sounds like seeds in general might be a total scam that people with a weak tolerance fall for..it's really sketching me out
They were all decent. But none good enough to market. All had those tiny seeds. And most dropped full on fem seeds. Buds looked great. Smelled good. Got too big. Often got bud rot. And can't touch the clones I have on rotation. But Chemdog was the closest. But not quite there. Weak. Sickly. But they did yield. Just compared to a sturdy kush they're just fragile and not as gassy and potent. Even with 20%+ genetics. Yeah batting 000. Next batch is looking promising.. came from a government approved grower. So fingers crossed.

FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
not the best example, but i already deleted the rest i believe.

this link is one of my autos and the pics are the Cotton Candy Kush photo

k...ya they dont look horrible......damn...ya that sucks....I didnt realize Fem genetics are getting this bad....eesh..
FOE20

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
ok hold up......Dutch genetics are Mostly American genetics bro....Plus Dutch acclimation sucks...only reason they were avail there is cause it was legal at the time...
But they didnt call it Northern Lights cause it was created in Dutchland...or Euro at all....
Matter fact Id say the Best work ever done was on the West coast USA in the PNW....and its the backbone of almost everything out there as well....
Not looking for a argument but just keeping it real...and I personally know a handful of the breeders...
Simon of Serious, Tony of Sagar, Milo - BigBuddha, Adam Dumb, etc....stay kewl
FOE20
Can't argue there. Shantibaba brought a lot of the greatness over there with him.

Northern California up to British Columbia seems to have been the home of some fantastic breeders.

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

k...ya they dont look horrible......damn...ya that sucks....I didnt realize Fem genetics are getting this bad....eesh..
FOE20
Fuckin' A, man. It's worrisome to say the least that's why I really have to secure good genes

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

They were all decent. But none good enough to market. All had those tiny seeds. And most dropped full on fem seeds. Buds looked great. Smelled good. Got too big. Often got bud rot. And can't touch the clones I have on rotation. But Chemdog was the closest. But not quite there. Weak. Sickly. But they did yield. Just compared to a sturdy kush they're just fragile and not as gassy and potent. Even with 20%+ genetics. Yeah batting 000. Next batch is looking promising.. came from a government approved grower. So fingers crossed.
see, same here. Smeels are pretty weak to be honest...I don't taste any of it anymore. My yields have been a LB plus per plant, no issues with that at all. Got 25 jars of bunk in there. Straight-up skank weed

Ponky

Ponky

see, same here. Smeels are pretty weak to be honest...I don't taste any of it anymore. My yields have been a LB plus per plant, no issues with that at all. Got 25 jars of bunk in there. Straight-up skank weed
Same. But I kept doing my known good clones aswell. Only 1 person I knew liked any of the exotics I grew. But. Some of the weird exotics do make good extract. But.... waxy and peppery weed is just a waste.

Top Bottom