What's the deal with genetics?

• Thread starter TwitchVee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TwitchVee

TwitchVee

Same. But I kept doing my known good clones aswell. Only 1 person I knew liked any of the exotics I grew. But. Some of the weird exotics do make good extract. But.... waxy and peppery weed is just a waste.
Yes, exactly. I've been pressing it all and using that, but even the wax doesn't make me buzz. Just slows my jittering. Gotta keep those moms

Mugwort

Mugwort

You spent thousands on shitty seeds and don't remember what any of them were??/ LMAO Yeah, that sounds totally believable.
My first grow I walked into a dispensary and said “give me some seeds of the strongest Sativa you have”. When I saw price I thought of the literally hundreds of thousands of seeds I had thrown away in my lifetime cleaning the $10 lids and $100 kilos I bought as a kid that were just inundated with seeds...then I said “give me the second strongest”! They were like $90/dozen for these feminized seeds. Seeds, when I grew them, sprouted an unrecognized male that pollinated the other and gave me hundreds of more seeds. I thought the name of this strain was so stupid I threw package away without committing its name to memory. Now I have hundreds of seeds of an unknown strain except that it's probably a high thc Sativa dominant. Pretty stupid on my part...silly as the name may have been it did provide some frame of reference.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

ok hold up......Dutch genetics are Mostly American genetics bro....Plus Dutch acclimation sucks...only reason they were avail there is cause it was legal at the time...
But they didnt call it Northern Lights cause it was created in Dutchland...or Euro at all....
It doesn't matter where they came from. Shoot, the American genetics didn't come from the US, either, they came from South/Central America and Asia. My point is that breeders in Amsterdam have been able to grow dozens of generations over the past 3 decades. That gives them a potential to isolate strains that just hasn't been available to all these new seed providers that have popped up in the last five years. How can you stabilize a strain without backcrossing several times? Answer, you can't. It's unsurprising that the seeds from these new banks are variable in quality. They are just pollen chucking for quick cash. In contrast, I've grown Nirvana's White Widow four times in the last five years, and each time the potency has been superb. I've grown MSNL's Chem Dog three times, and it has been stable and potent as well. Both of these outfits have been around for many years. You get stability from backcrossing known good plants for multiple generations, and these newb's simply haven't been around long enough to do that.

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

My first grow I walked into a dispensary and said “give me some seeds of the strongest Sativa you have”. When I saw price I thought of the literally hundreds of thousands of seeds I had thrown away in my lifetime cleaning the $10 lids and $100 kilos I bought as a kid that were just inundated with seeds...then I said “give me the second strongest”! They were like $90/dozen for these feminized seeds. Seeds, when I grew them, sprouted an unrecognized male that pollinated the other and gave me hundreds of more seeds. I thought the name of this strain was so stupid I threw package away without committing its name to memory. Now I have hundreds of seeds of an unknown strain except that it's probably a high thc Sativa dominant. Pretty stupid on my part...silly as the name may have been it did provide some frame of refer

Hell that's cheap compared to what i paid

2Bad

2Bad

here's a reference list of all of my current stock of different breeders/ strains and I have 50 more on the way between Royal Queen/Humboldt's, Seedsman and a few others. Sorry about the quality/handwriting I was trying to get this done for a previous request. A majority of everything on the list is between 22% and 28% THC rated, not that I imagine that means jack
Any exotic genetix in the mix? I got that rainbowcake about to flip to flower soon

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

Any exotic genetix in the mix? I got that rainbowcake about to flip to flower soon
I do have some rainbowcake in there, there's just sooo much. I took photos of whatever I had on hand at the moment

FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
It doesn't matter where they came from. Shoot, the American genetics didn't come from the US, either, they came from South/Central America and Asia. My point is that breeders in Amsterdam have been able to grow dozens of generations over the past 3 decades. That gives them a potential to isolate strains that just hasn't been available to all these new seed providers that have popped up in the last five years. How can you stabilize a strain without backcrossing several times? Answer, you can't. It's unsurprising that the seeds from these new banks are variable in quality. They are just pollen chucking for quick cash. In contrast, I've grown Nirvana's White Widow four times in the last five years, and each time the potency has been superb. I've grown MSNL's Chem Dog three times, and it has been stable and potent as well. Both of these outfits have been around for many years. You get stability from backcrossing known good plants for multiple generations, and these newb's simply haven't been around long enough to do that.
I get ya and agree on some points....and again not looking to argue about any of it but lets clarify a few things...Yes most of the Gene Pools Originated in those Locals as Land Race (mostly farmed for Hash..not Flower....so lets keep that in Mind..
almost All of it was Hashed cause the Flower of many of those said varieties is not pleasant to smoke at all...and if you've ever smoked a Gun powder Afghan you get my meaning) , but then also migrated, domesticated and hybridized thru those regions for Hash production...and why you wont see images of Flowers that date back to the ore 60s much cause it was All Hash...And Thai is another thats been blurred cause some of it was dredged in opium wash...
But were not really talking those....Cause at a point those genetics did make their way Around the world and to the States in a big way...
Honestly a grip of work was done on the Haw Islands and if you think about access and Military ports it was perfect......Pakalolo dates back to the 50s-70s...
and trust Ive run my share of genetics from all over the world...And sadly I know for a fact that a handful of the Back stories from those said Dutch Breeders are false...
And I didnt say they came from the US....Just a shit ton of Hybridizing happened there just like anywhere but the quality of the Work still Stands True....Far as pre 90s work goes...After the 90s it all went to shit anyway....and no help from the Dutch on that as they used lines to make things Purple that sucked...but just cause the demand for Purple was the new thing...
Every try Purple #1?...what a crap mercial line...
Then for me ..the real kicker is certain Breeders....Nevil got his Indicas from Jim Ortega...and if you dont know who Jim Ortega is...then were good here...
But we all have our views and what Ive come to learn is....The Plants dont Lie or Embellish....so grow out the lines and they will tell you themselves..
btw who is MSNLs?.....you talkin Shanti MNS?....
But bro....Nirvana, Paradise, Dutch Flowers! , KCBRains, Mandala, etc etc...Hell yea there was some great work there no doubt...
But I dont mess with much thats been made after the 90s...So Im bias af, old and grumpy.....
Heres the kicker....my 25-30yr seed collection lost to a raid in 2014, which wasnt just a collection, I ran a majority of them and documented.,......so yea...I feel ya....and the loss still hurts...
FOE20

Pokololo 12 16 12
StockBoxes22
IMG 20210429 091128 225
Last edited:
Twenty20

Twenty20

Supporter
Okay, so i'm on like my third or fourth run of 5 now. First few were autos from various breeders and I decided they weren't worth growing(no buzz) and recently I finished a photo from Emerald Triangle, their Cotton Candy Cane Kush and it turned out great. Also doesn't get you a buzz at all. I've got the best tents, the best lights, the experience, plants turn out great, tried trichomes at various colors. Even tried letting some go forever. So far i've tried- attitude, ILGM, emerald triangle, gardeb of green, THseeds and I mean not one of these plants would be worth anything to any experienced smoker. So what's the deal? Are all the seeds online just crap now?? Where can you get photo seeds that light your head up like a firecracker? Cause i've NEVER had smoke this weak in my life.
Do you like couch-lock Afghani Indica's or cerebral sativas? Hit me up, I'll send you some beans that'll do the trick!
Cheers

Twenty20

Twenty20

Supporter
Okay, so i'm on like my third or fourth run of 5 now. First few were autos from various breeders and I decided they weren't worth growing(no buzz) and recently I finished a photo from Emerald Triangle, their Cotton Candy Cane Kush and it turned out great. Also doesn't get you a buzz at all. I've got the best tents, the best lights, the experience, plants turn out great, tried trichomes at various colors. Even tried letting some go forever. So far i've tried- attitude, ILGM, emerald triangle, gardeb of green, THseeds and I mean not one of these plants would be worth anything to any experienced smoker. So what's the deal? Are all the seeds online just crap now?? Where can you get photo seeds that light your head up like a firecracker? Cause i've NEVER had smoke this weak in my life.
The main problem we see is the common practice of breeding for photographs and not for potency and cultivation worthiness. We call it super-model weed. All looks and no substance. Many folks eople are breeding for instagram and facebook. Our lines come from heritage genetics and have been selectively bred for potency and cultivation worthiness not for bag appeal. Hit me up!

2Bad

2Bad

The main problem we see is the common practice of breeding for photographs and not for potency and cultivation worthiness. We call it super-model weed. All looks and no substance. Many folks eople are breeding for instagram and facebook. Our lines come from heritage genetics and have been selectively bred for potency and cultivation worthiness not for bag appeal. Hit me up!
❤️ I felt that

FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
This. To stabilize a strain, you need several generations. All these Johnny Come Lately US and Canadian seed banks simply haven't existed long enough to have stable strains. I get seeds from vendors in Amsterdam that have been in the business for decades, and reliably get good product from them. I like Nirvana and MSNL.
Tony of Sagarmatha is from my home town and I know him personally...(guy on the L first pic)..who was the 1st DJ Short worked with...and the 1st to Rip off Dj Short as well....and the cat next to him, is the guy who Grew, Named and got 3rd place for Sagarmatha with Western Winds, cause it was grown in Colorado...

THseeds Adam Dunn...from the states...Both went to the Amster early to mid 80s.....Both worked for the Dronker bros at the hash museum....
Both had genetics sent from the states to them and then spread them out like mad...Like BubbleGum for 1.....which was bred in the States...
but this was as the seed Co were still forming as well....
Nevil was in the middle of all of it...
Tony of Sagar was here at the place Im staying in Co like 2 wks ago.....
Heres me with Milo - BigBuddha...and all of Us at the 2013 cup in Co talkin buds....he enjoyed my run of Osssh greatly....
Just so you know Im in my 50s, been growin since mid 80s and not talkin out my ass....power to it
FOE20

IMG 20210710 171036 182
BuddhaFOE 04 20 13
TheJar 04 20 13
Last edited:
TwitchVee

TwitchVee

I get ya and agree on some points....and again not looking to argue about any of it but lets clarify a few things...Yes most of the Gene Pools Originated in those Locals as Land Race (mostly farmed for Hash..not Flower....so lets keep that in Mind..
almost All of it was Hashed cause the Flower of many of those said varieties is not pleasant to smoke at all...and if you've ever smoked a Gun powder Afghan you get my meaning) , but then also migrated, domesticated and hybridized thru those regions for Hash production...and why you wont see images of Flowers that date back to the ore 60s much cause it was All Hash...And Thai is another thats been blurred cause some of it was dredged in opium wash...
But were not really talking those....Cause at a point those genetics did make their way Around the world and to the States in a big way...
Honestly a grip of work was done on the Haw Islands and if you think about access and Military ports it was perfect......Pakalolo dates back to the 50s-70s...
and trust Ive run my share of genetics from all over the world...And sadly I know for a fact that a handful of the Back stories from those said Dutch Breeders are false...
And I didnt say they came from the US....Just a shit ton of Hybridizing happened there just like anywhere but the quality of the Work still Stands True....Far as pre 90s work goes...After the 90s it all went to shit anyway....and no help from the Dutch on that as they used lines to make things Purple that sucked...but just cause the demand for Purple was the new thing...
Then for me ..the real kicker is certain Breeders....Nevil got his Indicas from Jim Ortega...and if you dont know who Jim Ortega is...then were good here...
But we all have our views and what Ive come to learn is....The Plants dont Lie or Embellish....so grow out the lines and they will tell you themselves..
But bro....Nirvana, Paradise, Dutch Flowers! , KCBRains, Mandala, etc etc...Hell yea there was some great work there no doubt...
But I dont mess with much thats been made after the 90s...So Im bias af, old and grumpy.....
Heres the kicker....my 25-30yr seed collection lost to a raid in 2014, which wasnt just a collection, I ran a majority of them and documented.,......so yea...I feel ya....and the loss still hurts...
FOE20
woooo....i thought I went overboard

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

Do you like couch-lock Afghani Indica's or cerebral sativas? Hit me up, I'll send you some beans that'll do the trick!
Cheers
I like the chest/body buzz mainly, usually like indicas and hybrids. But that's what's up, crazy collection, man

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

You should probably take a break from all cannabis use and let your neurochemical equilibrium reset. Let those GABA receptors get back to normal!
I can't do that, I use it to mitigate symptoms of a brain injury and there's not much other treatment path in my state for my symptoms.

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

Tony of Sagarmatha is from my home town and I know him personally...(guy on the L first pic)..who was the 1st DJ Short worked with...and the 1st to Rip off Dj Short as well....and the cat next to him, is the guy who Grew, Named and got 3rd place for Sagarmatha with Western Winds, cause it was grown in Colorado...

THseeds Adam Dunn...from the states...Both went to the Amster early to mid 80s.....Both worked for the Dronker bros at the hash museum....
Both had genetics sent from the states to them and then spread them out like mad...Like BubbleGum for 1.....which was bred in the States...
but this was as the seed Co were still forming as well....
Nevil was in the middle of all of it...
Tony of Sagar was here at the place Im staying in Co like 2 wks ago.....
Heres me with Milo - BigBuddha...and all of Us at the 2013 cup in Co talkin buds....he enjoyed my run of Osssh greatly....
Just so you know Im in my 50s, been growin since mid 80s and not talkin out my ass....power to it
FOE20
dude I totally remember that long-haired cat from somewhere.....

Mugwort

Mugwort

FOE20
You had all those confiscated by cops? Co**su**ers! I’ll bet it kind of felt like I felt when I found out my mom threw away 700-800 baseball cards vintage 1963-68 after I went into the Army!

Mugwort

Mugwort

legit not even one decent one? Sounds like seeds in general might be a total scam that people with a weak tolerance fall for..it's really sketching me out
A friend sent me some “Bruce Banner” seeds! I thought what an arrogant dude to name a strain after himself. Then I read later that’s the name of “The Hulk’s” alter ego. I haven’t grown them yet. I’ve read that Bruce Banner is one of the highest THC % strains around. I wish I could give them to you to try!

Latest posts

Top Bottom