What's the deal with genetics?

• Thread starter TwitchVee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TwitchVee

TwitchVee

He was in the seed game for years and recently got out. I just don't like talking other ppls business even if they don't mind.
As long as they know what they're talking about I don't mind the advertising. Just had a lot of people talk up seeds for sales and ended up with a lot of junk. Thought you meant either I was doing something obviously wrong or something shady was up

PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

Okay, so i'm on like my third or fourth run of 5 now. First few were autos from various breeders and I decided they weren't worth growing(no buzz) and recently I finished a photo from Emerald Triangle, their Cotton Candy Cane Kush and it turned out great. Also doesn't get you a buzz at all. I've got the best tents, the best lights, the experience, plants turn out great, tried trichomes at various colors. Even tried letting some go forever. So far i've tried- attitude, ILGM, emerald triangle, gardeb of green, THseeds and I mean not one of these plants would be worth anything to any experienced smoker. So what's the deal? Are all the seeds online just crap now?? Where can you get photo seeds that light your head up like a firecracker? Cause i've NEVER had smoke this weak in my life.

If you want to find the unicorn you seek you'll need to spend a significant amount of money and/or time testing many seedlings. Maybe hundreds...or thousands. The current seed market is focused on pushing seeds out the door, not doing real breeding work. Maybe someone out there has a longer term vision but that remains to be seen.

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

If you want to find the unicorn you seek you'll need to spend a significant amount of money and/or time testing many seedlings. Maybe hundreds...or thousands. The current seed market is focused on pushing seeds out the door, not doing real breeding work. Maybe someone out there has a longer term vision but that remains to be seen.
I'm noticing...just can't believe it. People seem to have okay luck, maybe I've just had really bad luck....just odd to me I ran 5 of each and they were all fairly uniform in potency

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

Logic isn't a Mod, he is the creater/owner of thcfarmer.
news to me, i'm glad I got such high-profile attention, I suppose. I'm kind of an older-school younger grower, I was raised growing long before the laws changed, so I just meet a lot of good growers. Didn't mean to come off as rude or unimpressed, i'm sure a lot of people here really know their stuff.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
news to me, i'm glad I got such high-profile attention, I suppose. I'm kind of an older-school younger grower, I was raised growing long before the laws changed, so I just meet a lot of good growers. Didn't mean to come off as rude or unimpressed, i'm sure a lot of people here really know their stuff.
Nah it's all good, just figured I'd let ya know.
Lots of great growers here.

PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

I'm noticing...just can't believe it. People seem to have okay luck, maybe I've just had really bad luck....just odd to me I ran 5 of each and they were all fairly uniform in potency
5 is too few imo. Let's say you have a 1 in 20 chance of getting the elite phenotype. If you get 5 the odds of finding it are about 20%.

Most of the seed on the market are backcrosses...often of backcrosses. Are you getting some well known strain or something totally new?

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

This. To stabilize a strain, you need several generations. All these Johnny Come Lately US and Canadian seed banks simply haven't existed long enough to have stable strains. I get seeds from vendors in Amsterdam that have been in the business for decades, and reliably get good product from them. I like Nirvana and MSNL.

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

5 is too few imo. Let's say you have a 1 in 20 chance of getting the elite phenotype. If you get 5 the odds of finding it are about 20%.

Most of the seed on the market are backcrosses...often of backcrosses. Are you getting some well known strain or something totally new?
here's a reference list of all of my current stock of different breeders/ strains and I have 50 more on the way between Royal Queen/Humboldt's, Seedsman and a few others. Sorry about the quality/handwriting I was trying to get this done for a previous request. A majority of everything on the list is between 22% and 28% THC rated, not that I imagine that means jack

IMG 20210907 2136272719
IMG 20210907 2136362720
FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
here's a reference list of all of my current stock of different breeders/ strains and I have 50 more on the way between Royal Queen/Humboldt's, Seedsman and a few others. Sorry about the quality/handwriting I was trying to get this done for a previous request. A majority of everything on the list is between 22% and 28% THC rated, not that I imagine that means jack
maybe try reg seeds?.......plus to the OP the chance of having that bad of luck is odd....but then again Ive only run a handful of Fems....not a fan...
Still your % is unusually high.....Ive run 100s of lines from seed...in many diff methods and in diff locals....and honestly Ive been happy with 75%+.....but I also research and study up on the varieties Im running or plan to invest in...
Can we see images of these plants?....
Tell ya what....I got a few lines.....if you cover s&h we could sort something....happy hunting
FOE20

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

[
On a quest to find the next popular strain? Or just trying to get seeds that don't herm and get moldy?
My hope and dream is to learn and open my own breeding set-up in my state when the laws change, just trying to get a collection of stuff I know is good. These were all just me getting started and making sure I had plenty. I guess it's apropos, because my future career would be helping people avoid this very issue i'm experiencing. As of right now, i'm just trying to come across some good mothers so I can grow something decent for my own use. I'm very new to seeds and breeders and not so new at growing them.

Top Bottom