Whats wrong with Tap Water. Is RO necessary?

• Thread starter Jimster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Deoends on the makeup of that ppm. Just had a guy today with like 128ppm and 68ppm of that was sodium… not good at that level
I suppose but 140 is dick all IMO, I ran my well water to try it out and it was 900 ppm and they survived. I have pure clay and I water with well water outside so I know it's gotta be way high on PH scale and my veggies and weed look good.Plants are pretty tolerant and Cannabis is a weed,I think people get too carried away and I also believe plants get used to PH and juggling it around instead of leaving it alone does more damage than good once established,but to each their own,whatever works for them. I just go by what's working for me and am always up for a better mousetrap.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I suppose but 140 is dick all IMO, I ran my well water to try it out and it was 900 ppm and they survived. I have pure clay and I water with well water outside so I know it's gotta be way high on PH scale and my veggies and weed look good.Plants are pretty tolerant and Cannabis is a weed,I think people get too carried away and I also believe plants get used to PH and juggling it around instead of leaving it alone does more damage than good once established,but to each their own,whatever works for them. I just go by what's working for me and am always up for a better mousetrap.
Outside is much different it rains and leeches out of the soil. Apples and oranges. Again the makeuo is key. Most times anything under 200 is fine but when they buffer the water with sodium bicarbonate. Some eater is still good indoor at 300 ppm

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Cannabis is not a weed, its a flower…. Unless tou consider flowers pest plants? plants can alter the ph of the soil to thier benefit.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Outside is much different it rains and leeches out of the soil. Again the makeuo is key. Most times anything under 200 is fine but bit when they buffer the water with sodium bicar
It guess it depends depends on how you define weeds, if cannabis displaced food crops in an area it could be considered a weed. All plants have value, some still have to be used the right way to find teh value.Agreed on the leeching but in my case I will never come close to 7 on PH outside so I don't know if the salts will make much diff taking that into consideration,but I suppose it just adds to it, I stopped indoor hydro because of leaks as I grew upstairs,but I plan on returning to it this winter in my garage to realize more potential of the strains as we have terrible weather here,especially when they flower,it's hit and miss here,we have had snowfall in october before or rain and constant humidity and mold can ruin it all,and early finishers are usually low quality,I don't grow for production anymore so I yield and short flowering is not a priority.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It guess it depends depends on how you define weeds, if cannabis displaced food crops in an area it could be considered a weed. All plants have value, some still have to be used the right way to find teh value.Agreed on the leeching but in my case I will never come close to 7 on PH outside so I don't know if the salts will make much diff taking that into consideration,but I suppose it just adds to it, I stopped indoor hydro because of leaks as I grew upstairs,but I plan on returning to it this winter in my garage to realize more potential of the strains as we have terrible weather here,especially when they flower,it's hit and miss here,we have had snowfall in october before or rain and constant humidity and mold can ruin it all,and early finishers are usually low quality,I don't grow for production anymore so I yield and short flowering is not a priority.
Fair enough

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Fair enough
I put a bunch of seedlings in about a week ago,now 2 strains are related and the other is not, in the related ones they all have a white spot in the middle of each yet the unrelated strains have no spots, I wonder what that could be,same soil,water etc,perhaps you could give me your opinion,I think it's genetic and I haven't ran across it,it looks like sun bleach but as I mentioned it's only on the similiar strain. I'll take a pic later and post if you could comment I would appreciate it..

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I put a bunch of seedlings in about a week ago,now 2 strains are related and the other is not, in the related ones they all have a white spot in the middle of each yet the unrelated strains have no spots, I wonder what that could be,same soil,water etc,perhaps you could give me your opinion,I think it's genetic and I haven't ran across it,it looks like sun bleach but as I mentioned it's only on the similiar strain. I'll take a pic later and post if you could comment I would appreciate it..
Hmmm have a pic brother?

E9noxis

E9noxis

I'm considering switching to ro water because I use Poland spring. It's not expensive but it adds up. I use that because where my tent is set up has hard water and they treat it with a salt product filter. I hear you shouldn't use that. So I don't.

I haven't hooked up the filter yet. Mainly because I don't have a drain for the waste water. (I hear it's 30 percent) they have a septic system. It's a 750 gal tank for 8 people. I refuse to stress that system

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

they are under a 4 bank floro,the 2 non white and 3 seperate are not related
The shells hapoen to stick a bit longer on those ones? Once they vroke the soil… if the oattern continues in new sets it could be variegation but still looks to different to be that. My best guess is its likely just something that happened at sprout and nothing to worry about

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yes ,I'm going to see how it goes but I've never seen it before unless it's a sunburn and it's new promix straight water
That could have been. Like a water droplet caugh btween before they folded out which it kinda looks like. But as you say best to wait and see

Brownthumb

Brownthumb

Someone mentioned using water from their dehumidifier- any opinions from the water pros?

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

That could have been. Like a water droplet caugh btween before they folded out which it kinda looks like. But as you say best to wait and see
Yes I thought water too but even at that it's only a floro and a good foot or more away

Latest posts

Top Bottom