Which is the most reliable seed bank?

• Thread starter Valenjulio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Mephistogenetics.com. Their main home is in Europe I think but they keep stock in the US. It only took 4-5 days for delivery. Also came with 3-5 free beans and was packaged discreetly in case you are in an unforgiven state. One of the freebies was mutated when it popped but hey it was free. Good genetics is the #1 priority for me.
Like who??? 🤔
oh me probably
that’s fine..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Everybody has their favorites. It's impossible to be sure you're not getting this damn virus at this point unless you get something that's been sterilized through tissue culture, from what I understand.

Have you ever had any issues with hermies from Anesia? They have some interesting strains, but they only sell feminized seeds which is something I'm a little worried about from a breeder whether that's justified or not.
no unless there was severe stress, though switching straight from say 18/6 to 12/12 will most likely hermie most plants.. a few things can hermie plants..
i lower my hours slowly so i rarely if ever get seeds, the Harlequin from kera i grew, it popped bananas..
while trimming the outdoor gelato i found 2 undeveloped seeds (soft, greenish white).. though we’ll see when i dry sift it all..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Everybody has their favorites. It's impossible to be sure you're not getting this damn virus at this point unless you get something that's been sterilized through tissue culture, from what I understand.

Have you ever had any issues with hermies from Anesia? They have some interesting strains, but they only sell feminized seeds which is something I'm a little worried about from a breeder whether that's justified or not.
even tissue culture can miss it..

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
HLVd has infected the cannabis industry because of one thing basically, clones!!..
everyone should stop with clones and strictly grow seed only, until it’s resolved..
Seeds can be infected, too, but they can be cleaned with 10% bleach solution, which I highly suggest everyone does before popping seeds no matter where you got them.

Also it takes 6 months to 1 year for Tissue Culture to clean HLV'd out of a sample. And correct, there is no guarantee.

Gtglicky3

Gtglicky3

Hi guys as I’m coming of at the end of my first grow in about a month I need to know what seed bank to get my seeds from so i can further enjoy this beautiful beautiful hobby.will take any suggestions as long as they ship to Chicago.
I use Herbies Seeds and Royal Queen Seeds.
My buddy swears by Canuk Seeds

A

alpha.ganjaguy

I have used and would recommend (in no particular order):

Atomic
Heritage
Neptune
Platinum
SHN
DC Seed
Gas Lamp
NASC
Pack Banditz
Deeply Rooted
Oregon Elite
Chitown
Tiki Seeds
Insane
Attitude US

probably more I can't think of, will update if they come to me..

Gtglicky3

Gtglicky3

I have used and would recommend (in no particular order):

Atomic
Heritage
Neptune
Platinum
SHN
DC Seed
Gas Lamp
NASC
Pack Banditz
Deeply Rooted
Oregon Elite
Chitown
Tiki Seeds
Insane
Attitude US

probably more I can't think of, will update if they come to me..
Well if you’re looking for fast shipping a good price Royal Queen Seeds ships from EUGENE, OR an i get them if 3 days and I live in costal Georgia south of Savanna. All there seeds are on sale right now and if you use that code 👇 you get 3 free Autoflower F1 hybrids with your order

IMG 6681
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
no unless there was severe stress, though switching straight from say 18/6 to 12/12 will most likely hermie most plants.. a few things can hermie plants..
i lower my hours slowly so i rarely if ever get seeds, the Harlequin from kera i grew, it popped bananas..
while trimming the outdoor gelato i found 2 undeveloped seeds (soft, greenish white).. though we’ll see when i dry sift it all..
I have a plant in week 5 of your gradual schedule. It's a smallish sativa clone, but looks amazing. It has lots of buds, but didn't stretch as much as its mother did. It was smaller when I started changing the light. Anyway, I can definitely see differences in how it flowered.

Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
don’t see anesia or worldstrongesrtains..
without one of those breeders on the list i wouldn’t trust.. especially after a couple years of HLV’d being spread about worldwide without breeders knowing it and now literally every seed bank is sitting on infected seeds and clones..
hence sales, deals, freebies..
not for me!!
Seeds can be infected, too, but they can be cleaned with 10% bleach solution, which I highly suggest everyone does before popping seeds no matter where you got them.

Also it takes 6 months to 1 year for Tissue Culture to clean HLV'd out of a sample. And correct, there is no guarantee.
So is there anyway to check for this virus outside of buying an expensive device to test for it? Phenohunting high quality packs of seeds seems more important than ever. The 10% bleach solution sprayed on seeds sounds like a good idea. A 10% hydrogen peroxide solution would probably achieve the same goal.

Not sure how this virus is going to be stopped at this point. This is an interesting article I found. This excerpt is particularly concerning considering most estimates are that about 80% of the market currently is GSC hybrids.

"Interestingly, the review article also notes that only a few cannabis cultivars actually show symptoms associated with HLVd when infected, which implies that the disease severity and symptoms could be genotype-dependent. Although, as the review authors also point out, there is no current evidence of any HLVd-resistant cultivars."

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
without one of those breeders on the list i wouldn’t trust.. especially after a couple years of HLV’d being spread about worldwide without breeders knowing it and now literally every seed bank is sitting on infected seeds and clones..
hence sales, deals, freebies..
not for me!!…
ive yet to run into this I hear of duds, hlvd a lot from American growers would you say it’s more a American problem than a worldwide problem. Still being worldwide but more prevalent in the USA because of the raise of small breeders and them not having the money/Inclination or care that largers breeders that have been around longer.

I do buy from major growers mainly sensi seeds do think I’ve not run into it yet because of the breeders that have been around longer having the equipment to test or just got lucky ; so far

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
I have not used sensi in years but I know he started out amazing as well

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ive yet to run into this I hear of duds, hlvd a lot from American growers would you say it’s more a American problem than a worldwide problem. Still being worldwide but more prevalent in the USA because of the raise of small breeders and them not having the money/incarnation or care that largers breeders that have been around longer.

I do buy from major growers mainly sensi seeds do think I’ve not run into it yet because of that or just got lucky ; so far
ya i just keep googling or videos or looking through magazines for information.. i’d say it’s definitely worldwide.. even in hawaii.. there’s a good video of a grower talking about it, i’ll find and post here..
i thought my imperium x had it, but do i know for sure? no..

Latest posts

Top Bottom