Which is the most reliable seed bank?

• Thread starter Valenjulio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Glassdub

Glassdub

I cannot attest to the quality of their seeds, yet, but North Atlantic Seed Co. seems to be fairly legit. I was unable to find any truly damning evidence against that company online, but that doesn't mean they're perfect.

I did have an issue with my first order I placed, I think because I was using my VPN when I placed the order. Aside from that mishap, when I did get my order to go through, it came swiftly and discretely and in good condition.

We will see, though. The proof will be in the pudding when I pop these seeds. I will follow up with that when I do eventually get these strains going.

But initial thoughts? They seem legit.
Prices seem on the high side IMO, didn't even check the shipping rates.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Prices seem on the high side IMO, didn't even check the shipping rates.
A little bit I'll give you that, but then I'd rather have a little higher price and reliability and honesty, than a low price and garbage seeds.

I'm sure they fall into the "bulk seed reseller" category, but I mean if they're actually sourcing their material properly and being honest about where they got it from, then there's nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

Again I can't say for sure either way if the seeds that I got through them are good or not, yet. But, one of the strains I ordered was Forbidden Fruit; a strain that I know inside and out and can easily identify even in Veg state. So, once I get those beans popped, I will follow up with a report. I will know within a week or two of popping them, if it's actually Forbidden Fruit, or not.

A

alpha.ganjaguy

not trying to argue but I think people always wanting a better deal is why so many fly by nights pop up, a tattoo parlor I used to go to had a sign on the wall that read; "Good work isn't cheap and cheap work isn't good", I always liked that motto

NASC has been quite reliable for me, they are not a breeder though, they are only a seedbank afaik, I would not consider them responsible for what their breeders send them, I would hold the breeders responsible (not that that matters much as little recourse).

Kennethcherrynewton

Kennethcherrynewton

Hi guys as I’m coming of at the end of my first grow in about a month I need to know what seed bank to get my seeds from so i can further enjoy this beautiful beautiful hobby.will take any suggestions as long as they ship to Chicago.
Attitude seed bank

Glassdub

Glassdub

not trying to argue but I think people always wanting a better deal is why so many fly by nights pop up, a tattoo parlor I used to go to had a sign on the wall that read; "Good work isn't cheap and cheap work isn't good", I always liked that motto

NASC has been quite reliable for me, they are not a breeder though, they are only a seedbank afaik, I would not consider them responsible for what their breeders send them, I would hold the breeders responsible (not that that matters much as little recourse).
This does not excuse $10+ seeds, price gorging is price gorging, plain & simple.

A

alpha.ganjaguy

seedbanks don't decide the price the breeder does afaik or maybe collaboratively. That's why breeders usually charge the same price direct. otherwise everyone would buy direct from the breeder and get the better price if it existed. blame the breeders and their egos for that, and blame the next guy for charging more than the dude before because his has to be the best because it's newer and this causes a trend..

don't worry though, anyone who has been collecting or simply shopping seeds can see the market is way different than it was not too long ago and seems like it is starting to level out some

Glassdub

Glassdub

seedbanks don't decide the price the breeder does afaik or maybe collaboratively. blame the breeders and their egos for that, and blame the next guy for charging more than the dude before.
I do & the foo foo growers who are willing to pay $20+ a seed for the newest hype strain, whatever man I'm not paying it, at the end of the day its just weed, if you have money to blow have a blast. 👍

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Seeds have never been so cheep as they are nowadays.

Definitely Remember the price of some top strains being in the £100s

Now every week there’s a sale if you know where to look a packet of 3 can be as cheep as chips

Glassdub

Glassdub

Seeds have never been so cheep as they are nowadays.

Definitely Remember the price of some top strains being in the £100s

Now every week there’s a sale if you know where to look a packet of 3 can be as cheep as chips
This should, or does, correspond to the street price drop (at least in the MI area) of about a 3rd of what it was a few years ago, oz's at about 60-70 bucks.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I got some a few days ago from sensi seeds seems like they teamed up with fat seeds and humbolt seeds

9FF8533D B051 401E BF36 2E879EA0653E
A

alpha.ganjaguy

I do & the foo foo growers who are willing to pay $20+ a seed for the newest hype strain, whatever man I'm not paying it, at the end of the day its just weed, if you have money to blow have a blast. 👍
in case you missed it im not arguing, just pointing out your anger may be misdirected..

seed prices have nothing to do with flower prices

Glassdub

Glassdub

seed prices have nothing to do with flower prices
Supply & Demand says they do, not so much with dispensary weed which is artificially inflated for various reasons but on the street if they are making less money then conversely are going to be less willing to pay as much for overhead, unless they are rich & don't mind blowing the extra $$$.

A

alpha.ganjaguy

not being obtuse but I don't see the correlation, a pack of seeds can be had for $30+, with one pack of seeds you can produce bud forever if you know what you're doing.. the overhead if anything would be in nutes and electricity, rent, security, not the pack of seeds, that's literally the least expensive part of the puzzle..

HunterBrandon

HunterBrandon

Placed an order with Barney's Farm US yesterday for $108. Today I see they charged my card twice. Even the big established companies do stupid shit. Now I have to waste time to get it corrected. Let me psych myself to get ready to deal with Chase's customer non-service line that if you're lucky enough to get a human on the line, you won't understand a word they're saying. Thanks Barney's Farm for a fun filled day. No Contact info other than snail mail for Barney's Farm. Kinda poor if you ask me. Time to start using smaller, newer seed banks and breeders. I would have rather purchased the same seeds from a smaller company I could get a hold of if need be.

I tried to place an order with North Atlantic but their site keeps timing out when I click on CART. Been trying for a week now, no difference. Anyone else have this issue? I tried to contact them to tell them, and they don't even have a good contact method. I sent an email but got an auto response not related. They are screwing themselves big time sales wise.

HunterBrandon

HunterBrandon

OK good to know BF at least has an email. They should put that at the bottom of the page where it says "Contact Us" but only lists snail mail address. The phone number they list is not usable according to them.

For NASC, as I said I did send them an email but nothing happened. If I had a big site like theirs and it was timing out when people tried to order I would want to be aware of that. Right? I just went to their site fresh, clicked on Merch, and it timed out. Maybe it's my computer. Very odd.

A

alpha.ganjaguy

OK good to know BF at least has an email. They should put that at the bottom of the page where it says "Contact Us" but only lists snail mail address. The phone number they list is not usable according to them.

For NASC, as I said I did send them an email but nothing happened. If I had a big site like theirs and it was timing out when people tried to order I would want to be aware of that. Right? I just went to their site fresh, clicked on Merch, and it timed out. Maybe it's my computer. Very odd.
as far as BF that's where I found it, clicking on the link to their contact page, for NASC it may be your connection, I don't have any issues, just a little slow loading but they did just update it not long ago

HunterBrandon

HunterBrandon

I just emailed NASC and this time they responded right away...
Hi there!

My apologies for the issue with the website! Our team has actually been working on updating our website and along with that has come some other issues. Please know that they are working diligently to try and resolve the issues. In the mean time, here are some tips to get everything running smoothly for you:

1) We have a known issue with our website where a large number of items in the cart (over 30) or leftover promotional items can slow down the site considerably. If you're able to load the account page here: https://northatlanticseed.com/my-account/ there is an option to "empty cart". I know it's not fun to have to pick everything out again, but I promise it will help.

2) Clear the browser cache on your device. This website has instructions on how to clear your cache across several different devices: https://clear-my-cache.com/If you use Google Chrome, you can start typing "clear browser cache" right in the address bar where you would enter a link, and it should populate a handy little icon to take you where you want to go.
I would assume other browsers such as Safari, Firefox, ect would have a similar feature.

3) Try using an incognito window or private browsing window and that should help. I would recommend not logging into your user account to place your order if you are experiencing these issues with loading the cart and things of that nature--we can always add your order to your user account after it has been placed.

Hopefully that helps! If you follow all those steps and still are getting errors, please let me know and I'll see what we can do!

Best,

NASC Team

HunterBrandon

HunterBrandon

So to summarize, and I think this answers the original question, these are two legitimate seed sites, one a breeder and one a bank (and a breeder as of late). If you want a good list of who the good breeders are, look at NASC breeders list. They've done the homework for you. They're not going to list any bunk companies on there. You're not going to see the fake bulk sellers passing themselves off as breeders, like Pacific, MSNL, Grower's Choice, Oaseeds, etc. Only top-quality real breeders. Stick to that list and you won't go wrong. Price wise, NASC is big enough now to give you the best prices, their Barney's Farm prices are a few dollars cheaper than going direct to BF for example.

For the double hit to the card issue I have a feeling that will work itself out at my bank and I kinda want to wait and see if they do catch it. I'm not worried about Barney's Farm, they're obviously legit. If it goes through, then I'll contact them and get it straightened out. No biggie.

A

alpha.ganjaguy

So to summarize, and I think this answers the original question, these are two legitimate seed sites, one a breeder and one a bank (and a breeder as of late). If you want a good list of who the good breeders are, look at NASC breeders list. They've done the homework for you. They're not going to list any bunk companies on there. You're not going to see the fake bulk sellers passing themselves off as breeders, like Pacific, MSNL, Grower's Choice, Oaseeds, etc. Only top-quality real breeders. Stick to that list and you won't go wrong. Price wise, NASC is big enough now to give you the best prices, their Barney's Farm prices are a few dollars cheaper than going direct to BF for example.

For the double hit to the card issue I have a feeling that will work itself out at my bank and I kinda want to wait and see if they do catch it. I'm not worried about Barney's Farm, they're obviously legit. If it goes through, then I'll contact them and get it straightened out. No biggie.
they carry some offenders of white labeling

but just like anywhere you shop you'll often run into varying quality

Top Bottom