Which strains have the highest yield that are worth growing?

• Thread starter Cannagar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cannagar

Cannagar

What size tent do you grow in? I’m getting ready to trim tonight, so seeing some stats from others to compare would be fun
What size tent do you grow in? I’m getting ready to trim tonight, so seeing some stats from others to compare would be fun
I use a 4x4 Vivosun grow tent with 3 mars hydro ts 600s one of which has a small corner of the led panel that went out before my last grow.

I use a vivosun 6in inline fan and an ac infinitycarbon filter.

I run a humidifier and dehumidifier in conjunction to control my RH% and use a levoit tower air purifier to keep the air quality good.

One of the last things I really need to get is a better fan because I’m running a small genesis desk fan that doesn’t even oscillate.

E

elusiveshame

I use a 4x4 Vivosun grow tent with 3 mars hydro ts 600s one of which has a small corner of the led panel that went out before my last grow.

I use a vivosun 6in inline fan and an ac infinitycarbon filter.

I run a humidifier and dehumidifier in conjunction to control my RH% and use a levoit tower air purifier to keep the air quality good.

One of the last things I really need to get is a better fan because I’m running a small genesis desk fan that doesn’t even oscillate.
Awesome, thanks for that! Idk how well I did yet, but if I can get close to your numbers on my 2, I’d be more than happy. Guess we’ll find out in a few hours :)

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

It was (is)

You can still get the original IBL genetics, but there are lots of folks that would not mind cashing in on the well known Durban name and selling you some hybrid called Durban. Buyer beware.
AKBeanBrains has the Original Durban Poison from Super Sativa Seed Club from the 80s. Takes about 80+ days to finish.

K

Kfreek

Does the terps vary from a photo vs auto? i trying for the first time now with autos, and untill now i have had a good time with it :D and btw, it's not possible to clone a auto? doesnt it veg for 4-6 weeks or something?
[/QUOTE

Autos are far less terpy n far less dense bud, I can always see the autoflower “structure” in finishes buds, much more airy n less terps for sure even tho u can get great results I want the best results lol.

LegalizeNorway

LegalizeNorway

Shid, that sucks.... i have to try and test that out myself in some future endavour :D cant help but beeing super confident in my current auto going, i might just have to start beeing a little more realistic 🤣

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
CallmeTex

CallmeTex

I’ve got many high yielding strains from Ethos Genetics. In my setup indoor If I yield over a half pound it is a heavy yieldeR. Manderin Cookies, Apex, Grampas Cookies, and Citradelic Sunset have all had half pound plants in them. My keeper of Grampa’s through’s some beautiful peanutbutter og nugs top to bottom.

K

Kfreek

Shid, that sucks.... i have to try and test that out myself in some future endavour :D cant help but beeing super confident in my current auto going, i might just have to start beeing a little more realistic 🤣

Don’t get me wrong u can grow straight fire autos for sure, just gotta have great genetics n great environment n really keep up n even then… just more chances to not get the result u want cus u can’t clone so u always have to buy more seed n gamble genetically

K

Kfreek

I’ve got many high yielding strains from Ethos Genetics. In my setup indoor If I yield over a half pound it is a heavy yieldeR. Manderin Cookies, Apex, Grampas Cookies, and Citradelic Sunset have all had half pound plants in them. My keeper of Grampa’s through’s some beautiful peanutbutter og nugs top to bottom.

Ethos has been good to me, glad I didn’t get turned off by ppl bitching n spreading rumors about the owner. I love mandarin cookies n have a keeper cut of lilac diesel x grandpa's stash. Fast frosty n chunky with super citrusy terps done in 45-50 days??!?! Yes pls

K

Kfreek

Don’t get me wrong u can grow straight fire autos for sure, just gotta have great genetics n great environment n really keep up n even then… just more chances to not get the result u want cus u can’t clone so u always have to buy more seed n gamble genetically

I also feel like there are a lot more shoddy n scam artist autoflower breeder.. lotta taking other ppls work and a lot of sub par results and overpriced seeds in the autoflower realm bc they know they are more appealing to new ppl and take advantage of that

Last edited:
K

Kfreek

I also feel like there are a lot more shoddy n scam artist autoflower breeder.. lotta taking other ppls work and a lot of sub par results and overpriced seeds in the autoflower realm bc they know they are more appealing to new ppl and take advantage of that

Also, this is coming from someone still growing autos in there veg room n used to do a lot a lot more until I found elite clones get me the flower me n my ppl want at a lower cost n with less risk of getting stuck with a ton of just average bud. Can pop a great cultivar like double grape and some of them just aren’t gonna b winners when I know what I’m getting with clone an if i do find a winner auto it’s always just a one off. I also don’t wNt just average, I want to b excited to pop my jars n pick apart my pretty nugs by hand not crush up a bunch n Jam it in joints cus it don’t taste amazing or get me as high as I’d loke

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Ethos has been good to me, glad I didn’t get turned off by ppl bitching n spreading rumors about the owner. I love mandarin cookies n have a keeper cut of lilac diesel x grandpa's stash. Fast frosty n chunky with super citrusy terps done in 45-50 days??!?! Yes pls
Wow, that is super fast. I’ve got a Lilac Diesel Male flowering right now that is stacking pretty quickly. Considering saving some pollen.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Oh nvm. Mephisto specializes in auto flowers… not my thing
I'm with you.......I don't want 1% Ruderalis in my seeds. I don't know the extent to which the gene pool is being affected by the Autos......what about the weed I'm buying? I'm sure a 17% THC version of a 22% strain is "good", but I'd rather not have it. Should the seller have to disclose it? I've never been to a dispensary of any kind, but do they disclose it?

K

Kfreek

Wow, that is super fast. I’ve got a Lilac Diesel Male flowering right now that is stacking pretty quickly. Considering saving some pollen.

😊 lemme know if you ever wanna trade winner Ethos girls, hunting mandarin cookies x purple punch packs rn from demonic genetics

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Durban is not a land race. It has Hawaiian, Colombian, and Arican genes. It was bred by Ed Rosenthal in the late 70's.

You are right about it being Sativa though...all its 3 parents are pure sativas. and the Auto genes that have been bred in are a relatively new addition.

Edited to add: A lot of people claim its landrace and maybe it was originally. But since the 70's it has been adulterated with other sativas to allow it to be cultivated outside of South Africa.
Yep, there's a difference between an original landrace, and what it may have become. Some of it is definitional. Landrace doesn't mean "wild" or necessarily "was always there". There's still a certain amount of human involvement at some stage. Each case/strain may have a different back story. There may very well be a Durban Poison that was a native/Landrace......and if you can get the seeds from that variety at that time, you'd have "original" DP.

We are at a time of transition. The race is on (no pun intended) to reach back and grab as many original genetics as possible while some are going extinct, some have already been outbred or even replaced.......some people have some of these original genetics, some people claim to but could ne lying, or are mistaken.........look at the whole Skunk #1 thing. Years from now I'll still be kicking myself, I had it in 1988 and I should have made 500 seeds.......I've gone 25+ years without growing (until this year), but I could have done a small grow every few years just to keep the genetics.......it's one of the most frustrating strains to hunt down. No, I don't want "Super Skunk", "Lemon Skunk", "Lemon Skunk Auto", "Skunk #76 Fem", or my favorite version, "Out of Stock"......

Cannagar

Cannagar

I'm with you.......I don't want 1% Ruderalis in my seeds. I don't know the extent to which the gene pool is being affected by the Autos......what about the weed I'm buying? I'm sure a 17% THC version of a 22% strain is "good", but I'd rather not have it. Should the seller have to disclose it? I've never been to a dispensary of any kind, but do they disclose it?
I dont imagine they would. I dont have dispensary’s in my state till next year (Virginia). But I doubt ANYONE is commercially growing autos anyways. There wouldnt be much if any profit in it. Its already hard for growers to make decent money in legalized states due to regulatory, licensing, and distribution costs; Whilst also selling at a lower price due to market surplus. Let alone doing that while growing lower yielding plants.

Top Bottom