White Widow 400w Grow.

• Thread starter Enforcer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

Imanoid2

The #2 plant. This one is the prettiest, and the fastest to root when cloning. Hopefully the most potent and best tasting too haha.

Do you guys check the chomes before harvesting? I am sure most folks know what a trichome should look like magnified. When it just starts to turn cloudy would be a rule of thumb. Of course, I just eyeball it. You don’t look to be in any danger of going over the time. But, I also know how itchy we get near the end!

chemistry

chemistry

Do you guys check the chomes before harvesting? I am sure most folks know what a trichome should look like magnified. When it just starts to turn cloudy would be a rule of thumb. Of course, I just eyeball it. You don’t look to be in any danger of going over the time. But, I also know how itchy we get near the end!

Yes, mine were around 40% amber when I started to flush on Saturday.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Yes, see post #203. I think I’m almost there.

Last edited:
NotaRasta

NotaRasta

Update, beginning of week 8:

@EventHorizan is right on the money. Calyxes are beginning to swell, and get pretty. Some of the canopy leaves that were damaged in the early calcium issue were a little brittle on the outside. I surmise that at this point they are turning into a sink for the plants energy. They are also shading lower buds. I removed just damaged or dry canopy leaves.

I also adjusted the watering schedule. I want to make sure I’m not drying out too much. Next run I’ll feed less ppm in veg, and add 200ppm calmag to the water firsts, to avoid the calcium issue. I’ll also wash and pre-change the coco with calmag. I hear coco gets better each time you use it. I plan to take full advantage of that.

I’m posting the one with my hand for size reference. The HPS came on just as I took the picture. So you can’t really see any detail Haha

Happy New Year everyone!
Did i read that right? Do you plan on reusing coco? Is there a product your gonna use to rinse it? Seriously want to know because buying bags gets old

Enforcer

Enforcer

Did i read that right? Do you plan on reusing coco? Is there a product your gonna use to rinse it? Seriously want to know because buying bags gets old
After harvest, I’m going to remove the root ball, and use SLF-100. A little of that in a bucket of RO Water with the coco. Let it soak for a couple days, then rinse it with RO + 200 ppm cal-mag. I’ll rinse a few times, squeezing the water out each time and flush with fresh solution. Then make sure the ppm of the coco is stable. When I’m done I should have a clean, moist coco/perlite mix ready for use.

NotaRasta

NotaRasta

After harvest, I’m going to remove the root ball, and use SLF-100. A little of that in a bucket of RO Water with the coco. Let it soak for a couple days, then rinse it with RO + 200 ppm cal-mag. I’ll rinse a few times, squeezing the water out each time and flush with fresh solution. Then make sure the ppm of the coco is stable. When I’m done I should have a clean, moist coco/perlite mix ready for use.
Interesting! That stuff is expensive hopefully you dont need to use alot of it. I may give it a try. Im just thinking that swapping out fresh medium might be the way to go for me at least. I mean kinda sounds like a pain especially once I start running more buckets. Anyway not tryingnto discourage you at all. Just thinking and writing at the same time lol! Good luck

Enforcer

Enforcer

Interesting! That stuff is expensive hopefully you dont need to use alot of it. I may give it a try. Im just thinking that swapping out fresh medium might be the way to go for me at least. I mean kinda sounds like a pain especially once I start running more buckets. Anyway not tryingnto discourage you at all. Just thinking and writing at the same time lol! Good luck
No worries bro, to each his own. I only run 3 plants in flower, so I thought I would try it. I still have an unexpanded GH brick if I need it. Plus, I already have the SLF-100. I’ve been giving them weekly “mini flushes” by hand with 5ml per gallon SLF-100, and 15-20ml beneficial microbes. When I started the flush a few days ago, my run off was 1000 ppm, now it’s only 200. So it should be relatively clean already. One more week!!!!!

incogneato

incogneato

Ive done it a few times. Slf 100 and florakleen flush before harvest and rebuffer it like it was new. Water to runoff. I dont know how many times i would do it, coco is cheap enough, but it worked fine. Actually better for me because i always get a little deficiency when i first use new coco. Gonna buffer it higher next time.

NotaRasta

NotaRasta

I decided that maybe i would try and reuse the coco for a few buckets but yesterday when i noticed all these tiny bugs coming out in my runoff : ( after alittle research and intial panic i found they are springtails they dont seem to be having negative effects on my plants but needless to say i wont be reusing any of the coco from this run.

Latest posts

Top Bottom