Who Are the Best Breeders in 2021?

• Thread starter GardenWeasel77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

Get Lines from people you trust and that show the work their trying to sell ya....and not just 1 nice pic of a plant they actually managed to flower well enough to use as promotion...
All their Lines should rep properly what they are selling....and have full documentation since they worked them so well right?.....
If they release a "new" line and just show a pic of some seeds or their Logo....fuk that....thats pollen chucking at its finest....and sadly the public is not very well informed about actual Parent lines..
Never fall for the bulk release bs either...When they had a room full of Hype mothers and just blanket pollied ther whole room with some male and consider that any type of thoutght out line or combination...Fuckin Kroger breeders....
I bet most have no idea what the grand parent lines are of the multi poly hybs their running....and this is become Standard practice...
The Seed/Breeder game is a mess thanks to the ppl who thought they were making kewl stuff in the early 2ks....
If its not pre 2k Im not even interested....cause lines are that fucked up now a days.....
Breeding using reversed or heavily untested lines based on hype names alone....very bad methodology...
But anyway...so ya most you guys are already fucked......lmao......happy hunting!
FOE20
Ak bean brains and crickets and cicada are supposed to have pre 2k seeds... Since you're so down on the whole seed game is there anyone you *do* recommend?

JJS009

JJS009

I’ll throw my $.02 in, keep in mind that this advice is free and some would say worth what you paid.

If you look at a description of a strain and the only things listed are WHATEVER STRAIN X WHATEVER STRAIN with no description of what their work will turn into such as what phenos are predominately showing up, terp profiles etc. walk the fuck away, you may find some “FIRE” but you will most likely end up with 8-10 different phenos from a 10 pack and no consistency.

There are way more asshats in the seed game that are simply in it to make a buck than actual breeders that give a shit about putting out a consistent product.
Here is my short list, by far not the only ones

Dj short
Second gen
Irie
Dragon flame genetics (currently growing orange stash and red Bulgarian dragon with no issues at all)

Ems49

Ems49

Mtnstate
Supporter
I'm getting personal service from Jean o..seeds in the mail.

PurpleD

PurpleD

Getting different pheno’s is just the nature of germinating seeds. Even with stable genetics there is slight variation. I don’t see it as necessarily a bad thing because you can always clone your best phenos. If you want the exact same plant everytime you need to be cloning anyway

OLDSILVERTIP

OLDSILVERTIP

Getting different pheno’s is just the nature of germinating seeds. Even with stable genetics there is slight variation. I don’t see it as necessarily a bad thing because you can always clone your best phenos. If you want the exact same plant everytime you need to be cloning anyway
clone or it takes along time to reveg.

_VLAD_

_VLAD_

Ive been reading the Bodhi thread at another forum, 3200 pages of random people growing his stuff out. Id say its got to be pretty decent.

Just ran GMO Punch from Greenpoint seeds, its the first strain from seed ive had that ive been content with. Flavor coats your mouth and the high is good.

Dragon Flame is also another Id try

PurpleD

PurpleD

Ive been reading the Bodhi thread at another forum, 3200 pages of random people growing his stuff out. Id say its got to be pretty decent.

Just ran GMO Punch from Greenpoint seeds, its the first strain from seed ive had that ive been content with. Flavor coats your mouth and the high is good.

Green point is strong I ran his grape punch, pebble punch and gorilla punch all very good. Ironically i just ordered some Dragons flame collab with thug pug called dragons garlic breath. Looking forward to growin those out

_VLAD_

_VLAD_

Green point is strong I ran his grape punch, pebble punch and gorilla punch all very good. Ironically i just ordered some Dragons flame collab with thug pug called dragons garlic breath. Looking forward to growin those out
Ooooohhhhhh im obsessed with GMO (garlic cookies I believe) so ive scoped that one before. His prices are just a little high for me at the moment is my only problem, ill be watching out for your results. Nvrmind im thinking of garlic stash from dragon flame, havent heard of the collab that may be insane!

And as far as greenpoint is concerned more gmopunch and the sweets is OTW so im a believer at this point. Ordered straight from their site. GMO was just on sale its back up to $50 for 6 now

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

I actually have a handful of the Garlic Breath seeds left. I was gifted a small packet from Burnz I think it was either 6 or 8 seeds. I popped 2 months back but both were males. Still got the others I almost forgot Im glad you mentioned this. I gotta pull them out of my seed binder and put them in the up and comers list. I got about 5 strains I have been waiting to run the garlic will be in there too.

FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
Ak bean brains and crickets and cicada are supposed to have pre 2k seeds... Since you're so down on the whole seed game is there anyone you *do* recommend?
Not sure I can recommend anyone in particular....cause most of the best lines Ive found are from just home or priv breeders as well....Just very seasoned folks is all...
If we could have access to any lines still made by any seed co of any year?.......Ok heres a handful I def would run again if I could find them, but were just talkin killer types of varieties Ive seen from certain said breeders....
Puna Buddders - Gruru of KOK
Papaya, GF, BGum, BBerry, CherryAk, <---- also notice the flavors and not "Gas" related varieties...
Sensi, MrNice, GreenHouse used to have some decent lines but have no idea now a days and most were not having good results by 2k...

Older mid range breeders were actually pretty damn good....so heres a List of who I still look for....
Legends, HQS, Paradise, Nirvana, DJ Short, KC Brains, Mandala, TGA, Dutch Flowers, Blue Hemp Co, sssc, BCSC, theSeedBank(Nevil), Bog, DNA, SOL, Serious(idk bout Serious Seeds anymore..but Simon is a kewl guy), FlyingDutchman, Sagarmatha.........but good luck finding any of their work anymore....
Federation from Canada had the best Catpiss....
Then like priv breeders I knew were endless as well....
Clips, Gruru, Motarebel, Rushman, Barefoot, dogsnob, OldSog, etc etc......
Far as now a days, its hard to keep up with all the new lines let alone the so called breeders claiming to actually be doing some kind of work....
So you got me man.....I make seeds and thats mainly why....But I also lost a 25+yr seed collection and now in the same boat as you and most trying to build a nice stock base to work from...thats not someones new hype unknown parent line crap breed , or a completely inbred/reversal hermie mess...
A well bred Line will have both Hybrid and New Seed Vigor, so if you buy seed and they dont just excel off the bat, then I'd doubt there was breeding involved...
But when all the lines are multi poly hybrid and not just basic f1 1to1 hybrids its a much harder task....And why I only work with vintage basic hybrid lines...
hope that helps ...but ya things are not great atm in the genetics game...gl
FOE20

Last edited:
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

For autos Methisto, for photo period Sin City genetics, Cali Connection, Sweet Seeds, and have had good luck with Nirvana, Sweet sells autos, fast version photo period, and photo period, Nirvana sells autos and photo period, my cousin likes Thug Pug.

dannyhedges

dannyhedges

Lamplighter's Union has great gear for very good prices. He's been working for two decades, but only started releasing stuff publicly a year or two ago. Here is the Purple Goblin. OG and black licorice terps, no ceiling, potency and terps are high, and bag appeal. I test for them and have yet to see a single intersex plant or even a nanner. He's got some new stuff coming up soon, some Cinderella 99, Bubba, Sensi Star, Forum Cut, William's Wonder, and Purple Hindu Kush work, if I remember correctly.

lamplighterseedco.com
Received 2138325642991157
Received 569190357757286
20210826 194733
Received 1164521244036345

Last edited:
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

People here keep talking about the wrong humboldt.

The real deal is CSI Humboldt (Nspecta) not Humboldt Seed Co they are 2 very different companies
I've heard the same thing. Not really anyone badmouthing Humboldt, but people talking up CSI Humboldt and differentiating the two.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Don't just make a list of the recommended breeders here, write down who recommended the breeder.

When you check the seeds and final products out, remember who gave you advice for the breeders and strains that ring your bell. That person has similar tastes to yours and is a good source of this kind of advice. Keep in touch with that person.

I have an online "friend" I met on another forum, many years ago. We quickly discovered we had the same preferences in weed and we've never steered each other wrong. I've never met the guy in person, but if he told me some strain or another is fire, I'd buy the seeds without a second thought.

Preferences in weed are more personal than I ever guessed, before moving to a legal state.

thejack

thejack

Bodhi has great stuff. I've grown his gear. Top notch!

S

SlumlordAlchemist

I'll second the lamplighter gear. I've picked up most of his gear, several keepers in a production facility from them. The gear is stable and he's putting out unique terps and effects for super affordable. I've bred with his gear too and found good combining power in many males, and no unpleasant recessive surprises.

Popping_beans

Popping_beans

For me I will just speak on the beans Ive popped this year . Mine will be
808 Genetics. Every seed pops vigorous grow, great terms structure, medical properties and Highs (reg seeds)
Wyeastfarms Just some good pack also vigorous grow ,
Envy Genetics Great structure terms, Bag appeal and highs
TIKI MADMAN same as envy .
I've grown other breeders last year some were okay some sucked and they have big names and big ticket items came out not even half as good as what I mentioned, The list of names above all had heat at a decent price and all came out more pros then cons. like I said Im only speaking on what Ive physically grew not what I've seen post of or hype around social media
Im also a Photo guy not auto.

Top Bottom