Who Else Runs Spydrx-plus By Fluence?

• Thread starter Leew421
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Freshone

Freshone

I realize you can run them close,just saying the benefits of crosslighting in rooms with many fixtures might outweigh the benefit of having them close where you get no crosslighting at all?just a thought.

Leew421

Leew421

When the plants reach a certain height the lights have crossing. My two that run lined up get it on the ends where they connect. I don't have the power in this house for more lights. I'll still be getting more lights for sure. These are by far the best light I have ever used.

Freshone

Freshone

It was more directed towards Igrows rooms where someone said to lower his multiple lights,In a 1 or 2 lighter lowering might be correct but in a 4,6 or ten lighter its not always best.Maybe LED is different but i think its been proven with cmh and hps.

chetterbob13

chetterbob13

I just ordered the RAZRx to use in my 3x5 tent. I’ll let you know how it works.
Just curious on who else runs these lights or the other variations they offer. So far my experience has been excellent. It out performs any other light I have run. These run 6 inches above canopy and very cool. It's a true 4x4 light and the adjustable blades are amazing. You can tilt the individual lights on axis. I also added in a 4 foot uv setup onto them. I got 4 lights tucked in. I run two of these currently and will be getting a 3rd next month for veg room. Right now I'm using my old leds in veg. I use a platinum p600 and a t5 setup for my seedlings and clones.
ered

chetterbob13

chetterbob13

Has anyone used a closed vent system on their tent?
I’m having a problem getting my temp up in my tent.
Here’s what I was thinking of doing:
My veg tent is a 36”x24”x58” tent. I have a 250MH for veg.
My flower tent is a 3x5x6ft awith a 1500w king led and (soon) a fluence RAZRx. My scrubber and exhaust fan are pretty strong so I have that venting into my veg tent and another exhaust out of the veg.
Also I have a intake fan with a filter for cleaner air.
I’d like to take the exhaust from my veg tent and recirculate it into my flower tent to help bring the temp up. Hence a closed vent system.

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

I currently run 2 SpydrXPlus fixtures in my flower room. I absolutely love them. In addition, I also have 4 Ray44 bars with AnthoSpec LED's.

The questions I asked the company are as follows:

1. Why can't AnthoSpec be used in a Spydrx Plus set-up? What about being able to replace the bars on the Spydr with that different spec? Can the Ray bars slide onto the Spydrx Plus fixture?
RAY bars can indeed be sold with an adapter allowing them to hook to a SPYDR console. Unfortunately, the drive current for Anthospec and PhysioSpec indoor is different so the bars cannot be plugged into the main console for power.

2. I plan on growing purple plants and want to use your AnthoSpec for the last week or so of production. What would be the recommended amount of Ray44 bars needed to cover an area the same size as the Spyderx Plus covers?
For Anthocyanin production, we recommend 100mmol/m2/s. To hit this number over a 4X4 you would need (2) RAY44

3. Do you recommend I use the AnthoSpec Ray44 bars for the entire grow or just the last 7-10 days?
At this point, I would consider the application to be somewhat experimental. We do not have enough data to give a firm estimation. I can tell you that the AnthoSpec should be supplied as a sole light source. So in theory, it would need to be applied with no other additional light and as such you are looking at applying only after the crop has used enough broad spectrum to complete its cycle.

Now regarding NEW stuff...
I am currently waiting for their latest gadget to arrive... A Dimmer Switch!!! :D

Last edited:
B

BirdDawg

I rock about 6-10 inches off tops
What percent would you put the light on if veg plant is 2.5 weeks old? I tried the light to veg before and it burn my vegging plant. I would like to know your procedure. And yes I have the dimmer.

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

What percent would you put the light on if veg plant is 2.5 weeks old? I tried the light to veg before and it burn my vegging plant. I would like to know your procedure. And yes I have the dimmer.
Personally I would say no higher than 50% at 2 ft.

2.5 weeks old is a very young and fragile plant. Best to work your way up.

B

BirdDawg

At what week would you introduce the spydr X Plus if 2.5 weeks is to young. This is a powerful light fixture And I'm looking for some helpful info

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

At what week would you introduce the spydr X Plus if 2.5 weeks is to young. This is a powerful light fixture And I'm looking for some helpful info

You can also unplug various bars and only use 2 out of the 8, then slowly plug additional bars in as they get bigger.

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

I clone under T-8's for 2 weeks then I move under T-5's for 6 weeks. Then into flower room under LED's.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Here's a picture of the father of your newest Fluence SPYDR Xs

Back in early 2014 I contracted with then BML to make a SPYDR 600 that was ~ 85% CW/NW/WW plus 450s and 630s, assuring him such a spectrum blend could be used for both veg and bloom. Well, before the second grow was finished, Nick parted ways with BML. Nice to see him making a better spectrum light

Here it is. ! ~ 7 week old from seed/. Plant was started under a Amare SE 220 then moved to under the 600 about 4 days ago now. The cube is 19" on center

Definitely Indica dominant. Her sister is much bushier. She's under an Amare P3
IMG 4089

IMG 4089
IMG 4090

Last edited:
B

BirdDawg

Here/'s a picture of the father of your newest Fluence SPYDR Xs

Back in eary 2014 I contracted with then BML to make a SPYDR 600 that was ~ 85% CW/NW/WW plus 450s and 630s, assuring him such a spectrum blend could be used for both veg and bloom. Well, before the second grow was finished, Nick parted ways with BML. Nice to see him making a better spectrum light

Here it is. ! ~ 7 week old from seed/. Plant was started under a Amare SE 220 then moved to under the 600
about 4 days ago now. The cube is 19" on center

Definitely Indica dominant. Her sister is much bushier. She's under an Amare P3
View attachment 767204
View attachment 767204 View attachment 767205
Nice!

Top Bottom