Who Else Runs Spydrx-plus By Fluence?

• Thread starter Leew421
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Freshone

Freshone

I wonder how these stack up against the spydrs?1/3 cheaper and seem to use the same tech?@sixstring?

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

I realize you can run them close,just saying the benefits of crosslighting in rooms with many fixtures might outweigh the benefit of having them close where you get no crosslighting at all?just a thought.

All light is different. But cross lighting is not an issue.

It was more directed towards Igrows rooms where someone said to lower his multiple lights,In a 1 or 2 lighter lowering might be correct but in a 4,6 or ten lighter its not always best.Maybe LED is different but i think its been proven with cmh and hps.

All light grows good crops. The question is: what is your situation, budget, and willingness to try something new?

I wonder how these stack up against the spydrs?1/3 cheaper and seem to use the same tech?@sixstring?

What are you referring to?

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

View attachment 752561
40 Watts???
That there is some big time inflation.

Where did you get this info?

Looks good but you have the lights far away

Agreed.

I rock about 6-10 inches off tops

I rock em even closer!

Pretty hard to adjust/lower them in that jungle

Next time...... right?

When you run multiple lights like that its better to keep them higher,The crosslighting has more benefit than having them closer.

These lights are designed to be run that close

Or closer. Get a plant use to it and it can run as close as an inch or two but 4 - 6 inches is ideal. IMO

Freshone

Freshone

What are you referring to?[/QUOTE]
just looking at the spydrs they appear to use the same tech as quantum boards but they put them in bars instead of boards?Maybe even the same Samsung diodes?Dont know a lot about this new tech which is why I tagged six,i know hes working with the boards.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

What are you referring to?
just looking at the spydrs they appear to use the same tech as quantum boards but they put them in bars instead of boards?Maybe even the same Samsung diodes?Dont know a lot about this new tech which is why I tagged six,i know hes working with the boards.[/QUOTE]

They use some of the same samsung chips that the Quantum Boards use. The spydrs also use chips for uv and broader spectrum I think. Spyders look like one of the better fixtures on the market.

Glad to see a thread about the spyders. Does anyone have some flower shots of them?

Leew421

Leew421

I use 2 spydrx plus lights in flower in a 5x9 gorilla. I'l be adding the vyprx plus in a couple months. In veg I have a staging area that use a spydrx on to get the plants use to it. The other side is 2 4x8 t5s in a 5x9 gorilla. I run in flood tables with soil.

B

BirdDawg

I use 2 spydrx plus lights in flower in a 5x9 gorilla. I'l be adding the vyprx plus in a couple months. In veg I have a staging area that use a spydrx on to get the plants use to it. The other side is 2 4x8 t5s in a 5x9 gorilla. I run in flood tables with soil.
Sounds like a nice setup my friend

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

I am going to pick up dimmer ( stuck at Delivery office) today and will put up some photos of this light with dimmer on at different percentages in an empty room.

Keep on rockin it Leew421. You and I both know the ability this fixture has!

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

My SPYDR 600 has individual power to individual bars. Currently, I have the two outer bars disconnected= ~ 250w as the plant is not that wide, although I could also move them closer together= ~ 360w. Hmmmmm. I think I will

Here's a before shot, Check my thread to follow. The baggie was covering a bud I had pollinated

Wow! Indeed, 33% more light pushed closer together over her should make a big difference at this stage
IMG 4116

Last edited:
Desertdweler

Desertdweler

Do you only have one plant? IMO you need more canopy. I guess I should assume you have at least a few more in there, but this is the prize plant?

The Spydr x plus works really well with 4 x 4 ft of canopy.

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

40 watts per bar isn't right either... The Spydr X is only 5 bars. The Plus version has 8 bars. I am still curious as the where that pic was sourced from???

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

Now I see the issue... BML is the old company name. Fluence is the new one. The BML 600 had 6 bars. I don't know the specs.

peekotrain

peekotrain

Looks good but you have the lights far away
Man, I just got a Spydrx plus, and I have to keep mine about 18inches away. The tops of my plants are turning yellow..... Don't know if anyone else has this problem.....

Last edited:
Leew421

Leew421

If you'e doing the plus you need co2. It' so much light the plant can't take it in unless co2 is high

peekotrain

peekotrain

If you'e doing the plus you need co2. It' so much light the plant can't take it in unless co2 is high
Is it safe to run co2 in the last 2 weeks of flowering? I always heard it was and the way my garden is set up I always have something coming down every 2 weeks so not sure how I would run co2 without damaging the plants that are in there last 2 weeks of flower.

Top Bottom