Who's getting what?

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ttystikk

ttystikk

I was recently in a conversation with a few guys, one of whom runs a dispensary. When talk came 'round to price, quality and the current state of the Colo market, one of them said, "I get buyers constantly who tell me they don't care how good the high is. All they want is the stuff that LOOKS good." The other guys nodded, knowingly, as I struggled to pick my jaw up off the floor...

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
100lbs of brick will dissappear in a couple hours at $100 a zip, gettin rid of 10lbs of dank is a pretty tricky proposistion right now..lets see now, $100 bucks for a zip or $300 bucks for a zip, doesn't really matter the quality anymore, most folks go for the cheap volume..

Regardless of what you think, despensary customers are not usually in for the most badass buds available, most are budget minded and really don't get the difference between good weed and killer over the top weed, it hard for the to justify three times the cost and even if they do they will by the cheaper product almost every time..

Gotta realize that most of us here on the farm are pretty much the top of the food chain weed snobs, not many here would ever set foot in a despensary to shop or buy product...we are the exception, for the rest of the sheeple its a different game.

Tex

ttystikk

ttystikk

I was refering to dispensary and other buyers who want stuff that looks top grade, whether the smoke measures up or not.

Your point is, as ever, well taken. People respond to a price point, and if they wanted quality, well, Walmart would be out of business, right?

M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
I was recently in a conversation with a few guys, one of whom runs a dispensary. When talk came 'round to price, quality and the current state of the Colo market, one of them said, "I get buyers constantly who tell me they don't care how good the high is. All they want is the stuff that LOOKS good." The other guys nodded, knowingly, as I struggled to pick my jaw up off the floor...
Lol..I am on the East Coast right now, your post is exactly why, I laugh when my buddies talk Colorado buds! A few people here have Colorado conects, one family even, most often what comes is SUB-PAR at best! Even the stuff the guy brought back from visiting his family was trash! You got high "when" you smoked but 5 minutes later .. sitting, wondering .. where did that high go? Now, more often than not, they try to tell me its from Cali. I call bullshit on them most of the time now, cause I lived out in Cali. for 10 years! Lol .. Bad Rep.I have yet to see anything from Colorado, match up to what I was getting in Cali.! Not even close! Just my 2 cents! monkey5

ttystikk

ttystikk

monkey5-
Everyone has their own subjective experience. Truth is, and I know because I've been to Cali, live here in Colo, and have friends all over the damn place, that great ganja is to be found everywhere, IF you know where to look and who to ask. Growing great weed has nothing to do with geography, and finding it has everything to do with skill and networking.

Just like Texas Kid said upthread a ways, 90% of this game is who you know, not what gets grown. I submit that you just don't have any good Colo connections- and with an attitude like that, you're not likely to get any.

sky high

sky high

LOL. The first line of yer post says it all....

It's a lot like coming here on vacation and staying in a condo and thinking you've >experienced< Colorado, monkey 5...

In the end....ya gotta know the peeps not the sheeps.

s h

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Plenty of crap come outta Cali as well...most subpar crap from either state is exported to the east....and like most illegal substances, the further from the source ya get, the crappier/diluted/stepped on/pinched the product becomes.

Tex

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
The unsold harvest I produce is almost as good as money in the bank for me in some ways.
I got 2 workers who work for weed, 1 gram per hour, makes my life a lot easier around my farm. Win Win...

Colorado is far better than California in allways, I grew up in SF Bay Area, back in the good old days, 60s and 70s, it was the place to be, way different back then than now.....

ttystikk

ttystikk

Plenty of crap come outta Cali as well...most subpar crap from either state is exported to the east....and like most illegal substances, the further from the source ya get, the crappier/diluted/stepped on/pinched the product becomes.

Tex

And you have just put your finger on why I got busy and became the source!

ttystikk

ttystikk

The unsold harvest produce is almost as good as money in the bank for me in some ways.
I got 2 workers who work for weed, 1 gram per hour, makes my life a lot easier around my farm. Win Win...

Just pay them AFTER they do the work, right? LOL :passingjoint:

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Ya mon. One day I caught my worker red handed puffin a bowl, kicked back, feet up in haystack, 10 mins into the day.
Cant blame him, as I do the same thing, we do however somehow manage to geterdone...
Lots of coffee, more coffee....

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
This year I came out good on timmers, $10/hour or 1 gram/hour, they came in and put their heads down and trimmed their ass off..total hand trim cost on 42lbs was under $1400 bucks..

Its alot different here this year though, last year Cali and Oregon had alot easier access to the volume buyers, brokers, and despensaries, there was really decent outdoor OG and Master Kush here for $1100/lb in 20 chunks, this year not near as much west coast outdoor floatin around..

The money is just a by-product of what we do, my ego gets pumped by what I do with the plants, not how much I ultimately sell it for, much rather jerk off in my flower room than in line at the bank...lol

Tex

ttystikk

ttystikk

The money is just a by-product of what we do, my ego gets pumped by what I do with the plants, not how much I ultimately sell it for, much rather jerk off in my flower room than in line at the bank...lol

Tex

So now I know what that 'resin' is on your buds, huh? :love0018:

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

Tex

:clapping

Dorje

Dorje

A few people here have Colorado conects, one family even, most often what comes is SUB-PAR at best!

Lol, so you're saying you just don't have any good connections in CO...

It's been said before, but it's not where you are, it's who you know. If you don't realize that, then good luck, might as well stay out of CO... nothing to see here, move along...

S

SoCoMMJ

Regardless of what you think, despensary customers are not usually in for the most badass buds available, most are budget minded and really don't get the difference between good weed and killer over the top weed, it hard for the to justify three times the cost and even if they do they will by the cheaper product almost every time..

Gotta realize that most of us here on the farm are pretty much the top of the food chain weed snobs, not many here would ever set foot in a despensary to shop or buy product...we are the exception, for the rest of the sheeple its a different game. Tex

I've been saying that for years. "Cannaseurs" represent maybe 2% of the market. The rest are looking for decent quality, clean bud at a good price.

We used to just hash out our marginal plant runs and the bottom of the dry box. Now we sell it for like $25 1/4 as mystery meds. Not because we want the $25, but because some patients want or need something really cheap. On the occasions that we have something like that available, it sells out immediately. We sell much more of the High Grade at $99 1/2 than we do of the Top Shelf for $11 more. Top shelf is top 20% of the garden.

Having some dankety dank sativa is great for the cannaseurs, but it's not what the bulk of the patients want. They want to buy the good quality at a good price all day long. There are even patients that don't like the super potent buds. It gets them too high and paranoid.

How often do you see a Rolex? Watch snobs will pay the price, but the mass market is Seiko. Good quality at a decent price. I believe Timex sells a shit load off the bottom shelf as well.

P

PoopyCoopy

but you know the quality of the timex you are buying

you have no idea about that og kush the store is selling.

Dorje

Dorje

We sell much more of the High Grade at $99 1/2 than we do of the Top Shelf for $11 more. Top shelf is top 20% of the garden.

One question?

Why isn't EVERYTHING "Top Shelf"? I throw away plants that are not... no matter how good they yield.

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

100lbs of brick will dissappear in a couple hours at $100 a zip, gettin rid of 10lbs of dank is a pretty tricky proposistion right now..lets see now, $100 bucks for a zip or $300 bucks for a zip, doesn't really matter the quality anymore, most folks go for the cheap volume..

Once again, depends on who you know. In my own dealings, I can't hold on to fire no matter what the price. Yea some negotiation may occur, but the real fire always vanishes. On the other hand, when someone passes me a 10 pack of garbage to move, it can take days, if ever, to move. I saw some crap recently from a warehouse in Boulder county. The shit was brown and smelled like brick weed, I couldn't even fathom how this was grown indoors, it was below sub-par. That shit just wouldn't move at ANY price.

Top Bottom