Who's getting what?

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
This year I came out good on timmers, $10/hour or 1 gram/hour, they came in and put their heads down and trimmed their ass off..total hand trim cost on 42lbs was under $1400 bucks..

Its alot different here this year though, last year Cali and Oregon had alot easier access to the volume buyers, brokers, and despensaries, there was really decent outdoor OG and Master Kush here for $1100/lb in 20 chunks, this year not near as much west coast outdoor floatin around..

The money is just a by-product of what we do, my ego gets pumped by what I do with the plants, not how much I ultimately sell it for, much rather jerk off in my flower room than in line at the bank...lol

Tex

Holy shit, you got your outy trimmed for $33 a lb?? you said total trim time cost was 1400, you get about a 10pack max trimmed here in cali for that.
How much herb did you give them and if converted that to $ what would the total cost be for trimming 42lbs or is that inclusive?

Either way, that is cheap work! Can't get anyone for less than $20/hr here and 150-200/lb...Colorado sounds profitable...lol

Dreaming of paying a trimmer a $10/gram for hour of trimmer work...That's a whopping 280/oz price for the workers, couldn't even sell my best nugs for that....280x16 == $4480/lb
Damn

baba G

P

PoopyCoopy

jesus people will work for a gram an hour?

that's like less then min wage with retail prices in this town.

HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Thinks of Stinks
Supporter
I "heart" this thread...

I agree with a lot of which has been said already. Especially the comments about the influx of shitty growers. That's what really erks me. All the garbage that floats around produced by them. Whats even more surprising is the fact dispensaries buy and put it on the self. Then it's sold for a high price. In turn the stuff that is mediocre is pushed to make as much as possible.

I think the big downfall is that dispensaries 9 out 10 are more driven by the profit they make and not helping people that DESERVE amazing medicine. Not many disp. owners are headys... They're businessmen. They want to maximize profits. We're the farmers. We want to maximize tricombs, flavor and medicinal effect.

Good lord I could go on. Simply this is a big factor for price drops in CA and CO.

I'll end by saying that the super dank always gets is asking price... always. At least in the bay.

:cool0041:

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I let my trimmers split the scissor hash so none of them even wanted any bud, all at $10/hour....that doesn't include my trimmin fury ass goin at it right beside them most of time but I was goin to have to trim anyways

Oh and I bought lunch every day but one..

Tex

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Wow, I always give away the scissor....
That's impressive, trimmed for $33/lb, gotta b a world record..lol

I must be a sucker, I provide all 3 meals a day too...lol
Your one lucky guy TK

S

SofaKingHigh

90% who you know. Just slid a zone into the hands of an Intel employee for $300.

Some intelligent, yet socially akward types refuse to do business with anyone other than a mutual friend and are willing to pay whatever for something to dumb down the effects of a corporate lifestyle.

Granted I'm piss ant scale and only chop 2-3 bows every 9 weeks, but it works out.

Slow and steady wins the race.

Your Pal,
:banana1sv6: (Whatever you call these things.)

S

SofaKingHigh

Having said that from a realistic standpoint, in an alternate reality where I'm in TK's shoes with a buttload of weight all the time I would take the mentioned figures and have an everlasting erection.

K

kolah

I would gladly trim for 10 bucks per hour off the books. I'd bring my own lunch too.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Seriously, I'm guessing life is just cheaper in CO...I know homes are cheap in most areas compared to Cali it seems.
But you guys are selling meds for more than we can here and paying less to get it processed, sounds like a commercial growers dream...lol

G

ganjherbsmoke

^ i dn about that one man
i see harborside slanging outdoor nugs for 260 bucks an ounce?
and their indoor is all over 300
granted this is a store and harborside but
you can barely get 250 a zip out here for dank
i know there was cali ppl trying to bring 10 packs of outs here for 3 a piece!

3 a p is about as high as it goes for one of indoor out here maybe 32 but 3 is about standard id say
lotta ppl wanna pay 28 or under and thats at an individual rate lol

the days of 300 an oz are long over it seems, some shops sell em but like tk and so co said
those just usally sit around while 160-175 ozs fly off the shelves regardless of quality

whoever sends out shitty buds to the east is a shitty hook up thats for sure your over a thousand miles away the perfect bait n switch lol

i know my east coast friends love the Colorado bud at much less than 350 too lol

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

I would gladly trim for 10 bucks per hour off the books. I'd bring my own lunch too.

here lies the problem.....
lots of people will trim for 10 an hour....
but how much will they trim per hour.

I wont trim for less than 25/hr or 250 a lb dry.
and I will trim 2 lbs a day in a 6-8 hr day.

The last place I worked was at moonshine mans warehouse. Made more then everyone there and went a day and a half less....their crew wasn't stoked. ha

My point being that most trimmers are lazy and worthy of 10/hr but there are few 3man crews who can slam out 4 lights in a day. And rage face while doing so....

food is always expected, and not junk either. I want indian, gourmet pizza or you better have some fine honey cookin.

haha

M

Mr Dank

friend sold a 4-pack of run-of-the-mill indoor for $3k/each, and 2 of some FIRE for $3600each, and said the dude was actually upset at the $3k and wanted more of the fire for $3600. I guess there are still some good dealers out there who appreciate quality

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
^ i dn about that one man
i see harborside slanging outdoor nugs for 260 bucks an ounce?
and their indoor is all over 300
granted this is a store and harborside but
you can barely get 250 a zip out here for dank
i know there was cali ppl trying to bring 10 packs of outs here for 3 a piece!

3 a p is about as high as it goes for one of indoor out here maybe 32 but 3 is about standard id say
lotta ppl wanna pay 28 or under and thats at an individual rate lol

the days of 300 an oz are long over it seems, some shops sell em but like tk and so co said
those just usally sit around while 160-175 ozs fly off the shelves regardless of quality

whoever sends out shitty buds to the east is a shitty hook up thats for sure your over a thousand miles away the perfect bait n switch lol

i know my east coast friends love the Colorado bud at much less than 350 too lol

Yeah, Harborside is retail with some unreal overhead...
For sure Cali folks are trying to bring packs for top$ to CO, cause they can't get shit here for it. Most outy I've seen is going from 1100-1900 and the 1900 is being resold in socal as indoor.....shady folks seem to invade this industry like the borg...
Does sound like your wholesale rates are similar to ours, seems like 3 and under for the top super indoor unless your working a diff angle and into putting in work to off product.
I see dank for 175-200 an oz, do miss the 300-325 oz days of yesteryear sometimes...lol

take care ganjherb

M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
monkey5-
Everyone has their own subjective experience. Truth is, and I know because I've been to Cali, live here in Colo, and have friends all over the damn place, that great ganja is to be found everywhere, IF you know where to look and who to ask. Growing great weed has nothing to do with geography, and finding it has everything to do with skill and networking.

Just like Texas Kid said upthread a ways, 90% of this game is who you know, not what gets grown. I submit that you just don't have any good Colo connections- and with an attitude like that, you're not likely to get any.
~~~ Lol.. You guys have the wrong idea about what I said here! This summer I grew Greens Guerilla Gold outdoors! Smoked it all with my sons & a few friends! I have had Headband that was FIRE here from Cali. & three kinds of Sour d at the same time all three were stellar smoke! Hell, I have had great weed from here! I have friends in Colorado too! They grow for themselfs ..I am sure they would have good, kind buds! What I am talking about is theres a shit ton of C grade buds here on the East Coast with the Colorado name attached to it! I got good conection here & out in Cali.! My daughter went out to Cali. & brought back an ounce of Bubba Kush .. I got some of that from her when she came back home! The Bubba was good .. but I just laughed .. I traded her some of that Headband..Headband walked right away from the Bubba Kush! At least 10 times better! She agreed..her Jamacian husband agreed, too! I get great buds OR I will not part with my money! Lol.. I am not the only one who notices.. Colorado is getting a swag/mid Rep. here! Make oil out of that shit, dont send it here. But hey, maybe there is a market with the kids! Lol.. monkey5

ttystikk

ttystikk

Monkey, you just confirmed my point about not knowing the right people here in CO.

Unit541

Unit541

Is the fact that her husband is Jamaican supposed to automatically qualify him to rate weed? Perhaps you don't know as much as you'd like to think you do. Sounds like you're getting "Colorado bud" that was grown by a former restauranteur who sank a few hundred G's into a "sure thing", and is now trying to figure out how to grow weed. The best weed in Colorado, or any state (and EVERY state) for that matter, is grown in basements and shared amongst close friends. Hate to break it to you, but you don't have any close friends with these types of basements in Colorado...

Look monkey, the point others are trying to make, is that the quality of any random nug has absolutely zilch to do with where it came from geographically. You're essentially coming onto a Colorado board, and stating that CO pot in general is substandard. One thing is sure, you haven't tried any flowers that were grown by anyone else posting in this thread.

There's a nug floating around Colorado that's better than anything you've ever smoked before. I'll bet there's more than a few nugs floating around the east coast that are better than anything I've smoked before. There's better weed than even that in Cali. Believe it or not, Texas has a nug or two that's even better than that. Oh, then Colorado comes back and has one even better! And WTF is this bomb ass shit doing in New Jersey??? This is one of the things I love most about what I do. There's no limit. There's no plateau. There's no point to reach, where you cannot continue further. Better weed can always be grown, and every time you harvest your best crop to-date, someone elses just turned out better.

Here's the thing monkey, if you're not happy with the last bowl you smoked, grow a better one.

Fire is everywhere my friend, you're just not snuffing it out. Which lines on a map it was grown between has less to do with the quality than the brand of deodorant I wear does. Another poster was right on though, in that you're not likely to score any platinum head-stash from anyone who's got it, with an attitude like that.

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

CO has some of the finest grown herb in the world. There is, however, a crap ton of MMC/warehouse grown herb that heads east, most of it horrible and unfit for our standards. You think all those dispos still sell legal?

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
I will say there is a lot of fire in CO., i know i lived there but i have also lived other places. Some of u guys need to get over yourselfs you have a long ways to go to catch up the the heads in NYC and CALI.peace

You just keep on thinking that man. Just like it snows here 24/7 365!

Jarofunk

Jarofunk

one of my bros is over in the Dam right now for the Cup. He brought his own herb to smoke, and enter. 3 days into his trip and nearly his whole personal stash is gone. Why?? Because it is some of the finest herb over there right now. The Dutchies can't get enough

Keep rockin it CO

Top Bottom