Why are my seedlings deforming? Stress?

• Thread starter CosmoGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moshmen

Moshmen

Ugh. jfc.

Thanks, all i needed to know. solves my issue. If i knew this i wouldnt have transplanted.

Yeah got u.

I didnt have enough,more is on order. mabe like 15%

What i was wondering.

Sweet, not scared to go 10 days without watering anymore then lol. This will help the issue,this dry rootball keeps happening to me, so i was always scared to go so long without watering. I guess if it dries out, like a super alot, just make sure i water thoroughly?

I thought it mattered because my rootball kept drying out, and in this book im reading it says you cant let the rootzone dry out. You have to find the right happy medium. But cool i mean, if i can just wait until like the plant starts wilting and be okay, thats what im going to do. thats kinda how i did it last grow.

But now i know, when i water that its natural for the plants to droop. I never knew this, so i always just thought i was overwatering them.

Alot of helpful info, thank you.

Yes, helped an extreme amount. i keep hearing 2days, then 4 days, then i cant let it go 7 days without water, but then it has to wilt, its all getting frustrating and confusing. trying to learn correctly, and reading/hearing alot of different numbers is confusing me. If i can just let them go, that would be dope. And thats what im going to do. Im not going to play that stupid game of trying to hit when to water them like right on the nose like ive been trying. Its just fucking me over.
If to many people are givin ya to many answers pick 2-3 that sound good to you ! No two growers are the same ! In my opinion in your thread here ,
@Aquaman &@mimed grower are two of the best! And they are usually spot on

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Hey guys. been a couple days. just been letting the plants sit pretty much, just waiting for them to dry. had my stupid vivosun exhaust fan blow. so i picked up an ac infinity. anyways, i guess my deformity is an autoflower. i didnt know that, but hes flowering. anyway i can fix this 😅? is it the seed? will the deformity effect the flowering? i guess i just wait and see? lol😅😅😅 its like one side of the plant is growing. only one side of each node is growing a little branch

20191110 001610
20191110 001613
20191110 001618
Judaz

Judaz

Hey guys. been a couple days. just been letting the plants sit pretty much, just waiting for them to dry. had my stupid vivosun exhaust fan blow. so i picked up an ac infinity. anyways, i guess my deformity is an autoflower. i didnt know that, but hes flowering. anyway i can fix this 😅? is it the seed? will the deformity effect the flowering? i guess i just wait and see? lol😅😅😅 its like one side of the plant is growing. only one side of each node is growing a little branch

Where did you get those seeds. Those plants are mutated and deformed. Look at the discoloration and deformity of the leaves. Tell tell signs of a viroid issue. Crazy how everyone is having these types of issues from seeds to clones. Most people confuse these problems with nute lock outs and over watering symptoms. The underlying problems from mutations are usually viroids. Which bring a host of nutrient problems with them. I’m surprised no one on these threads is catching these problems quicker. People need to read up on viroids it’s an epidemic that we are now seeing cannabis strains get hit hard. All those old books on growing don’t say much about them just the basics.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Do you mean the nodes are alternating? Before a plant reaches maturity 2 branches with will form from each node once the plant is mature it will alternate. Is this what you are seeing?

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Where did you get those seeds. Those plants are mutated and deformed. Look at the discoloration and deformity of the leaves. Tell tell signs of a viroid issue. Crazy how everyone is having these types of issues from seeds to clones. Most people confuse these problems with nute lock outs and over watering symptoms. The underlying problems from mutations are usually viroids. Which bring a host of nutrient problems with them. I’m surprised no one on these threads is catching these problems quicker. People need to read up on viroids it’s an epidemic that we are now seeing cannabis strains get hit hard. All those old books on growing don’t say much about them just the basics.

woah okay, good knowledge there. So whats youre suggestion? i googled viroids as im not too familier as im a new grower. and it seems as if a plant with viroids could be contagious to my other plants?
Seeds are from seedsman!

Aqua, one sec ill get some in depth pics for ya.

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

woah okay, good knowledge there. So whats youre suggestion? i googled viroids as im not too familier as im a new grower. and it seems as if a plant with viroids could be contagious to my other plants?
Seeds are from seedsman!

This person has posted this problem in multiple threads! Pretty sure they are just being a jack ass! Lol If aqua-man hasn't mentioned it I wouldn’t worry about it!

Judaz

Judaz

Seeds are from seedsman!

You may have a viroid. I’m not being a jack ass like this other dude is saying. Viroids can spread through seeds as well. I would keep growing the plant out and see if it stops. It can or it can get worse. The discoloration and deformation of leaf blade are classic type of mosaic viroid like symptoms. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosaic_virus

BE2911BA FAE2 444D 9A15 9A2795FD22AD
2757FE76 8C28 476E 96DC 8B8B7D805907

FD062E65 BE47 456B A5D6 9AB7D42FEACF

B350EF92 4054 4F80 9122 ACD7BA607456

239B06AF FA63 4E4C BAB1 D6793202EBCE
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

This person has posted this problem in multiple threads! Pretty sure they are just being a jack ass! Lol If aqua-man hasn't mentioned it I wouldn’t worry about it!
I only give advice... And I not always right so its good when others correct me and that happens alot. The important thing is the grower get the best information possible

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Why do my all my plants show overwatering signs an hour after they get watered, but then recoup super quick? this happened almost EVERY watering last grow too.... even my healthy plants will droop an hour after they get water
and then they bounce back like 5 hours later???
Plants have their own responses to water feeding, light, dark, and everything in between. Plants don't usually live minute to minute, and it sounds like you are looking at your plants like you would a baby or a pet, with instant feedback. When you water them, you are changing the moisture level, probably cooling off the growing medium and roots, decreasing O2 around the roots temporarily from the added water, and a ton of other processes. It takes a while for the water to get take up by the plants, so I wouldn't worry at all how my plants looked an hour after watering them, as long as they recovered and grew normally afterwards. Patience is THE hardest part of growing because we are so used to getting instant feedback from things in life. Plants do their own thing... but as long as they are doing well, I wouldn't overthink it. Of course, this is just my opinion.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You may have a viroid. I’m not being a jack ass like this other dude is saying. Viroids can spread through seeds as well. I would keep growing the plant out and see if it stops. It can or it can get worse. The discoloration and deformation of leaf blade are classic type of mosaic viroid like symptoms. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosaic_virus

View attachment 908908View attachment 908909
View attachment 908911
View attachment 908914
I 100% disagree with your diagnosis. Even the pictures do not look alike. I understand your opinion or at least think I do but you should be pretty dam sure to come into a thread and tell someone thier seed ARE deformed and mutated. You are imo completely wrong and this is grower error.

Moshmen

Moshmen

View attachment 908908View attachment 908909
View attachment 908911
View attachment 908914
For sure a real thing ! I just noticed you replied with this disease as the problem in multiple threads and while I will agree it is possible . Just not as likely as you are sure !

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

For sure a real thing ! I just noticed you replied with this disease as the problem in multiple threads and while I will agree it is possible . Just not as likely as you are sure !
I agree

Moshmen

Moshmen

Plants have their own responses to water feeding, light, dark, and everything in between. Plants don't usually live minute to minute, and it sounds like you are looking at your plants like you would a baby or a pet, with instant feedback. When you water them, you are changing the moisture level, probably cooling off the growing medium and roots, decreasing O2 around the roots temporarily from the added water, and a ton of other processes. It takes a while for the water to get take up by the plants, so I wouldn't worry at all how my plants looked an hour after watering them, as long as they recovered and grew normally afterwards. Patience is THE hardest part of growing because we are so used to getting instant feedback from things in life. Plants do their own thing... but as long as they are doing well, I wouldn't overthink it. Of course, this is just my opinion.

Well respected opinion!

Judaz

Judaz

I’m just noting possibilities for underlying cause. Secondary symptoms do occur like you guys are also seeing. If you noticed the pics of the other diagnosis possibilities I made you seem to see the branching pattern being off. That’s why I asked for more pics side view pics of them.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’m just noting possibilities for underlying cause. Secondary symptoms do occur like you guys are also seeing. If you noticed the pics of the other diagnosis possibilities I made you seem to see the branching pattern being off. That’s why I asked for more pics side view pics of them.
For enough I just don't want to see anyone rip thier plants out because they are told they have mutated plants with viruses. That's a pretty strong conclusion and diagnosis that I feel is being loosely given is all.

Judaz

Judaz

For enough I just don't want to see anyone rip thier plants out because they are told they have mutated plants with viruses. That's a pretty strong conclusion and diagnosis that I feel is being loosely given is all.
For sure. Especially in this case here. Plant is way too young to give up on it and over time it may correct itself given that he treats her right and feeds her right. I’ve had issues of plants looking like this when young to correcting themselves later and looking good and producing a good final product.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Regarding viroids and related stuff... I agree that it is an upcoming issue for the canni-business. What disturbs me even more is the few tendencies for plants to become more likely to turn hermaphrodite and similar issues that are becoming more commonplace and bred into the genetics. The last Grandaddy Purple had pistils on it from the day it sprouted (OK...maybe 3 weeks after) but kept growing new pistils during vegg growth. Flowering was fine but the plant constantly produced pistils. I crossed it with another Sativa strain and I ended up with a similar outcome in a few phenos. Plants today already look worlds different than most that you saw grown 30 years ago.

Judaz

Judaz

Regarding viroids and related stuff... I agree that it is an upcoming issue for the canni-business. What disturbs me even more is the few tendencies for plants to become more likely to turn hermaphrodite and similar issues that are becoming more commonplace and bred into the genetics. The last Grandaddy Purple had pistils on it from the day it sprouted (OK...maybe 3 weeks after) but kept growing new pistils during vegg growth. Flowering was fine but the plant constantly produced pistils. I crossed it with another Sativa strain and I ended up with a similar outcome in a few phenos. Plants today already look worlds different than most that you saw grown 30 years ago.

I’m going into others grow spots and I’m seeing all kinds of weird mutations these days. Never seen anything like this before be so common as it is now. The herm issue I used to see a lot more back in the day. But lately wherever I go I a find a mutant or 2. I think the bottom line is that there are many plants that have viruses or viroids these days due to all the clones being passed and sold and all the seeds being exchanged and sold as well. But the symptoms are usually asymptomatic unless the plant becomes weak and it’s immune system is compromised then you start to see the mutations come out more and the virus get stronger in the grow spot making them more susceptible to bugs and nute locks and deficiencies. I’ve had plants get mutated that don’t respond to the formula anymore. They require different nute schedules and feeding habits to keep going. It’s crazy, how a mutation can also change the npk requirements that make that same exact healthy strain thrive taken from clone. It’s like it’s a brand new plant with new nutrient requirements

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter

Im starting to realize that cannabis has its moods and it definitely shows its emotions and you have to be paitent with every move. I appreciate the explanation of the cooling though! Thanks jimster for the feedback and positivity!

View attachment 908911
View attachment 908914
(BIG IMAGES REMOVED)

You do have a solid point, it does similarities and i will definitely take this into consideration. I mean, if removal of the plant is the best, safest option, im completely okay doing so. I would much rather have other healthy plants.

Taking more pictures of the plants, and getting Aqua Mans shot of the nodes right now, i forgot earlier, one sec

Judaz

Judaz

Im starting to realize that cannabis has its moods and it definitely shows its emotions and you have to be paitent with every move. I appreciate the explanation of the cooling though! Thanks jimster for the feedback and positivity!

You do have a solid point, it does similarities and i will definitely take this into consideration. I mean, if removal of the plant is the best, safest option, im completely okay doing so. I would much rather have other healthy plants.

Taking more pictures of the plants, and getting Aqua Mans shot of the nodes right now, i forgot earlier, one sec

yes I'm concerned that if its the case, you will start infecting your other healthy plants. If you can quarantine it and keep growing it to see how it does would be great. Im not saying kill it yet but tag it, monitor and try not to recirculate nutes with other plants

Top Bottom