Workin So Hard Just To Have A Little Fun

• Thread starter Imone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Imone

Imone

Skunk fem seed cracked and has a tip showing, gonna give her a little time then into a jiffy cup. Taz may make it yet. Stay tuned....

Imone

Imone

Ok Tashkent isn't dead yet. Despite me. I sprinkled her after getting off work last night and this morning gave her another small drink because she was looking better. I then moved her closer to the lights but not as close as before. She's about a foot away now.
IMG 20190406 064738
IMG 20190406 064723
IMG 20190406 065201

Madbud

Madbud

I just got one. Where should I keep level for the seedling?
I wait til it reads 3, play around with it. You will see that soil takes a long time to dry out in the early stage, a week or more especially if you spray them. Normally the seedlings root deep so dont worry if the surface is dry, it keeps the bugs away.

Imone

Imone

Ok didnt get a good photo today but the Tashkenti seedling is perked up. Im sprinking water around it and keeping the moisture around 4 or 5, ir was down to 3? I dropped sensi skunk into my coots mix and sprinkled it and set it in a water bath so the moisture would come up from the bottom through weep holes. Not drowning this one. I worked on my lights to try to orgainize them a litttle better. Will post photos tommorrow.

Imone

Imone

GOD...i sat the skunk seedling in a water bath over night and it was completely soaked the taskenti tried to die again! I put the meter in the cup with the skunk it registered soaking wet. So i pulled it out of the bath... I checked the taskenti that i hurriedly potted in peat mix, and it was dry at the bottom. Stuck it in water bath for one hour and nothing was wicking up to the middle! I took the poles of the meter and busted up the dry peat around the edges and watered again. And again and again until water finally ran out the weep holes. Moved lights up because i was getting yellow tips on the lebbies. Where should the light meter register? In the middle?

Imone

Imone

Finally got it about right! Damn this tashkenti is a tough little ....she is perked up again

20190407 124959
Madbud

Madbud

The more light the better, i dont trust the ph meters accuracy but it does work if you test it in orange juice. Water meter is spot on for me, dry to 3 then water to 8 or 9 and wait a week. For seedlings i use a squirt gun to prevent overwatering and until i feel the roots can withstand a good watering, week two or three.

Imone

Imone

Well i am believer in the moisture meter now. The foxfarm soil is fine for mature plants but i need some thing like perlite/moss/soil mix for the seedlings.
And...i placed two small LED bulbs next to my biggest lebbie and a few hours later she had yellow tips on the leaf next to the LED. So i got rid of that and went back all CFLs. I am trying to spread the light as evenly as possible.
I saw a tiny green spot in the skunk soil!

Imone

Imone

So...
1. Water from the bottom up with seedlings.
2. Using a wicking peat moss mix is best not a heavy soil.
3. Kepp lights close.
4. Use your meter.
Add ivory soap if you need a wetting agent.
Did i miss anything?

Madbud

Madbud

I use retail seed/cutting soils, miraclegro is ok, jiffy had fungus gnats but so does happy frog, probably how they named it. I started these seeds in some compressed jiffy pucks, leftover from some flower seeds, then added to a half solo cup of happy frog. These soils are plenty damp so i disagree with bottom watering, squirt gun is more fun. Old style flourescents are fine for the first month too.
Edit: dont mean to step on your grow diary, just bein’ neighborly

Last edited:
Imone

Imone

I bought some jiffy pots, not sure how i feel about them but im thinking of trying them. My shop has lots of 4 foot florescents im going to tske off the walls and make a grow room with them next summer. Im also gonna put a polycarb roof on a shed for outdoor grow and then use my current growroom for a male or a mother....if god willing and creeks dont rise. Great looking set up you have!

Madbud

Madbud

Just a temporary corner in the basement, what i dont give away will grow in the backyard this summer. High sixties here today so i put a boxful out back in the shade to start hardening, they skunked up!

Imone

Imone

Oh dont worry about steppin on anything im glad someone is posting!

Imone

Imone

Sensi skunk was up and had helmet head, lifted off with my xacto knife tip...Tashkenti is still alive and perked up.

Imone

Imone

When i moved the lights the timer went wack and ran lights all night long. I gave them a 6 hour nap, put them in 18/6 for one day then backed off to 14/10 again. Hope i didnt fuck myself too bad. I also dropped light down close to the seedlings so they can do better. It will light up the lower branches of bigger plants too.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Less is more; @OldManRiver says this most effectively.
Seedlings don’t require to much. Less water, no nutes to extremely low amounts until about 6-8 sets of leaves then up pot to your “Fox farms soil” cut that soil with coco and perlite, add peat, moss etc then pot up and start nutes a week post transplant.
Don’t play with lights too much.
24-0, 16-8, is about best for seedlings and veg stages.
Heat is important at seedling stages, 78-86dgF , humidity high, like 60%.
Once the roots have set in. They can take on more rapid changes
Remember less is more and it’s ok if we overparent but understand it’s weed. Let her be a s she will reward!

Imone

Imone

20190409 184220
I got ya. My soil mix for the Lebanese was 1/3 happy frog 1/3 ocean forest and 1/3 peat perlite mixed 50 50. I was astounded how the soil holds water. The Lebbies seem to be doing well without nutes. I may gradually introduce some. I made a new light today for the bloom stage its a 100 watt hps attached to a stand that used to hold a patio umbrella. Wired it up and put an elbow on it. Im thinking it will come in handy.

Top Bottom