World 2010 Guerilla Grow Show & Think Tank

• Thread starter Tobor the 8th Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

chief greenleaf

Oh yea any of yall have any experience w/any TGA gear outdoor??? Agent Orange is def on the list but Im tryin ta pick another one that will perform well and finish in a decent amount of time. Ive been all over dif forums and all I can find is indoor runs and Subcool doesnt seem ta venture into the great outdoors much, so I havent had much luck findin any good info. Any suggestions???

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Hello fella's

I've been growing outdoors for about 25 years myself, and am gearing up for this year myself.Chief i have grown-jack the ripper, the flav, jc2, and querkle outside last summer and all finished by the first of october. i was very happy with all of them. i will be growing them again this summer. whats up Tobor- best of luck outside this summer- and GO COLTS
just read this whole thread very captivating

mal

M

mc1969

gonna be doin some tga third diminson outdoors this year been doin it indoors for a while and love it not the biggest yeilder but very potent stuff . every thing is sexed only 3 males and one of them im gonna keep for some pollen
(dna lemon skunk)and dust a few buds of various stuff .

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

Oh yea any of yall have any experience w/any TGA gear outdoor??? Agent Orange is def on the list but Im tryin ta pick another one that will perform well and finish in a decent amount of time. Ive been all over dif forums and all I can find is indoor runs and Subcool doesnt seem ta venture into the great outdoors much, so I havent had much luck findin any good info. Any suggestions???

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
welcome mal and yes GO COLTS! LOL! Oh wait they lost. %^%$% Look forward to seeing you do the Jack outside.

mc1969 looking good guy. How many weeks old were your seedlings when they showed sex?

Hindu you got the outdoor light soon. Then your harvest gives you some coin to make the indoor. But you could start with 1000w light indoor and progress from there. Cheap and easy and just expand as funds allow.

If my things would sex I could eliminate males and progress to mass production of clones phase. I need the space the males will give me. I'm jammed up right now. It is a good jam up because the selection will be awesome.

U

Urquel

Tobor, dig your style bro. Love the corn shots, Im in far norcal and we don't have corn rows but we have a lot of forest. I have been working with strains that nug up in slight shade, williams wonder seems to be champ, blueberrry crosses due well too. Any thoughts on other strains known to be good in less than full sun? Bats in your attic got me jealous, I feel stupid buying bat poo

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Thanks Urquel and welcome aboard.

I was jealous of somebody who posted getting a few tons of rabbit manure. The charts indicate that rabbit manure is one of the best if not the best manure.

I mostly have spots with good amounts of sunlight. I have just recently been planting a few spots with lower light levels than I consider ideal. I had a few blockheads that did really good and were under some small trees that got a thicker canopy than I thought they would. They didn't get good light until 11 am and only until about 5 pm. They still had real solid nugs.

M

mc1969

Thanks Urquel and welcome aboard.

I was jealous of somebody who posted getting a few tons of rabbit manure. The charts indicate that rabbit manure is one of the best if not the best manure.

I mostly have spots with good amounts of sunlight. I have just recently been planting a few spots with lower light levels than I consider ideal. I had a few blockheads that did really good and were under some small trees that got a thicker canopy than I thought they would. They didn't get good light until 11 am and only until about 5 pm. They still had real solid nugs.

went and picked up about a 1000 pounds more this weekend . i would say around 5 to 6 weeks when most of them showed smoked some blockhead never grew and yes my head felt like a cement block.

M

mc1969

went to one of my new sites today dug out a few holes to see what the soil was like and in the best area about 2 foot down is a about 8 inch thick slab of sand stone is fairly easy to bust up but 50 hole is gonna take a while with the ol wrecking bar will be camping there sun and mon will post some pics when i get back hauling in about 800 pounds of my soil mix and about the same in rabbit manure the soil is very sandy but some good structure so i will mix it in with my stuff .and nice big spring fed pond is about 300 feet away .good thing ive got some young backs this year.

The Joker

The Joker

I've got 8 girls outside 1 week from harvest and it's been showering rain on and off for 3 days. I've been shaking the plants out and they seem to be drying in the sun. I have however found that water can work it's way into a bud and cause mold.

It's supposed to be partly sunny for the next 3 days , then rain. Today is week 8 but I did not flush them. Although I guess them getting poured on counts as a flush. Feed stopped on Monday. ( PBP and Budswel only).

Should I pull them? 70 % chance of showers tomorrow and then Tues , Wed < Thurs the only partly sunny days. .

They will be more of a sativa high and possibly not the smoothest if I harvest now. But that's better than mold.

What do you outdoor guys do about rain in the last week/ weeks of flower?

C

cheech

if the buds are already molding and you only have 3 partly sunny days then more rain out of your 7 day harvest frame, i'd say pull. if the buds hardly have any mold, or just a few buds are starting to show mold, i'd pick those moldy buds off then spray greencure on the plant and wait it out. greencure works, and you should use it before your plant shows mold.

other option would be to harvest some of the plant now then the rest later. then at least you have something to compare, and will have a better idea what to do next time your faced with this problem.

The Joker

The Joker

There is no mold at all. I was wondering if they are in danger of mold by being left out.

I would rather harvest now, than get mold in a week!

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
You can check them everyday so I wouldn't chop until they were done or if you find the start of mold.

C

chief greenleaf

Whats happenin guerrillas, thanks for the info on the TGA strains. I ended up goin with Agent Orange and Third Dimension. Ive seen some great results w/AO outdoors and since most of my current strains are gonna finish mid Oct I figured 3D would be a good choice since its Subs fastest finisher and should be done in Sept.

Got a question for the organic gurus out there. I came across a great deal on pallets of potting mix and "humus". Would love ta hear yalls opinions. The potting mix is some off brand Ive never heard of, the guy sellin it had a "hydro veggie" biz that went outta business and needs ta get rid of it. It says on the bag made for hydroponics, ph neutral, made of composted tree bark and perlite. Seems like it has great consistency and looks just like pro mix or sunshine mix, but w/composted tree bark instead of peat moss.
2 pallets, 150 2.5 gal bags each for $100 bucks is a great deal but Ive never of this tree bark stuff except in rapid rooters.
Im also lookin at what this farmer is callin "humus". Im not sure what the humus thats sold in grow shops is made from but this is basically composted horse manure. It doesnt have any smell at all and looks just like humus Ive bought. Farmer says he sells it ta nurserys who in turn sell it for 10 bucks a bag, I can get a dumptruck load for $100 bucks.
Any a yall have any experience or knowledge at all on either of these? I got a lotta holes ta fill this year and Im tryin ta save some loot and not buy all my soil/amendments from the grow shop ya know.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Nothing to help you with Chief. I never heard of that stuff.

Hindu I am jealous you have things almost done but also concerned you rushed it a bit. Frost can come in Michigan probably until May 30. It is also going to be sketchy on the day length. If the seedlings come up in 2 weeks say April 17 it will be 13.5 hrs light and 11.5 dark. They could still go into flowering. If they don't come up until April 30th then there will be 14 light and 11 dark and all will be well.

To me frost would be the most worrisome. What is your actual last frost date?

I am still waiting for seedlings to sex. I am still jammed for space because of it. need to kill some males.

R

rillahojo

I'm an old-school guerrilla hole grower from way back, getting back into it after a long hiatus. I just had surgery that requires me to take it easy, so I'm scaled back, doing just a few holes and using fem seeds even. I have been digging and amending holes, and will start some beans soon. My soil is sandy loam, well drained and a bit acidic. I'm using EWC, mushroom compost, bone and blood meal, kelp meal, bat and seabird guanos, dolomitic lime, epsom salts, azomite, and Espoma Plant-tone and bio-tone, with a handful of water keep at the bottom of the hole. Holes are about 3 ft diameter and 2 feet deep, with more ferts toward the bottom. The plants should be huge, with mostly just watering required.
http://i958.invalid.com/albums/ae69/trichy1/outdoor%202010/h1s.jpg
After mixing and filling the hole back up, I mark it with sticks and leave it for at least a month to cook. I'll come back after that to plant seedlings.
http://i958.invalid.com/albums/ae69/trichy1/outdoor%202010/h2s.jpg
Good luck to everyone.

C

chief greenleaf

Come on yall I knoe somebodys heard of composted tree bark potting soil.....
Humus made from composted horse manure....? Anybody....?

Ive been readin about outdoor plants actually benefiting from flowering early then revegging due to the stretch and internode spacing. Supposedly a lot of strains will actually end up larger w/more yield when reveged from flowering early when compared to the same strain grown normally straight from veg to flower. Ive read several threads where growers purposefully try to cause their plants to flower early, Ill try ta find some links and post em up for yall, its pretty interesting.
But Tobor youre absolutely right man, Id be much more worried about a late frost comin thru and killin your seedlings, then you gotta worry about animals and bugs on top of that. Seedlings are just such a crap shoot unless a make shift hot house is built around em. Im south of Michigan and its not uncommon ta get snow from time ta time in April. I usually dont plant until May and my girls still end up huge, so there's not much point in planting any earlier.
Here's some flicks I just took of my Chocolope pheno Ill be tryin out this year. She finishes up in about 50 days and deals w/mold and mildew really well so Ive got high hopes for her. She's at 45 days here and could be chopped now if they were sufficiently flushed.
Hope ya dont mind Tobor, figured everybody might enjoy some eye candy on here since there aint much goin on in our outdoor patches yet!

DSC00090
DSC00091
DSC00095
DSC00097
DSC00101
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Hey look! The easter bunny left us some chocolope.

Hoppy Bunny Day Everyone!

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I think the "striking the seeds in the patch" method works. There would be some advantages to doing it. First like you mentioned it was pretty easy not lugging a bunch of things. It also makes for a hardier seedling. But it isn't just going to be a cakewalk to pull this off. I know that people do it. They have to suffer high seedling loss though. No fence and tiny seedlings is a vegetarian buffet. I guess you just plant a good number seeds per hole and you will get some to go the distance. It will be sweet if you have good results though. Much easier spring your way. There is no way I would be doing it this way if I was absolutely needing a good to great harvest come fall.

You are in a freakin med state now, you have been talking about it but I will keep your location an internet secret. LOL!

Happy Easter Hindu!

Latest posts

Top Bottom