WTF all my seeds are DEAD!

• Thread starter British_Hempire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Fear

damn dude! that blows:sad0047: for both you guys like the one whos gf threw them out. Now the garbage men will find these killer plants growing out of the land fill. I was going to say low temps to but I thought seeds were stored in cold vaults. At least all the worlds seed that are collected from every species of plants are kept in a vault deep in Norway. Saw this on 60 minutes or something.

The Millennium Project houses almost 10% of the world's plant species in seed form, and is the only seed bank of this magnitude in the world. this is in norway and its cold there. Stuck deep in a mountain pretty cool. Unless they froze and defrosted.

NUKED EM withs RAD probably some new gadget I'm telling ya Logic I saw it in the news and they use them in Europe. Can see right through shit pratically read a letter. I obviously don't know for sure! but that was my first guess, and I'm sticking to it.:):bong2:

Just sucks to lose all those genetics. :sad0047:

Billygoat

Billygoat

Hopefully you figure this one out. Sorry, to hear the bad news. I'm going with the post with sub-zero temp in cargo hold. I think the sub-zero temp might have killed off those seeds. I'm guessing here, but that is the only thing posted already and I can think of. That makes any scene.

Good luck with the rest. Good Karma your way.
Take care,
BG

B

British_Hempire

I doubt it's temps in-flight, seeds fly all over the world all the time, I'm betting they irradiated my case, the bastards.

I

ismokepot

I know heat can kill off seeds but I've never seen cold kill off 100% of someone's beans....... maybe reduce the germination rate some, but kill all the seeds????? Doubtful, unless they were very old to begin with.

J

John Ditchweed

I know heat can kill off seeds but I've never seen cold kill off 100% of someone's beans....... maybe reduce the germination rate some, but kill all the seeds????? Doubtful, unless they were very old to begin with.

right my grandparents used to keep all there garden seeds in the freezer...... I wouldn't dare try it with my pot seeds but I doubt it would kill them all.......

E

Easyrasta

Damb bro,
I know you know how to germ them babies, so I know it wasnt your tech.
I really hope that was not your whole collection.
Peace
Ez

B

British_Hempire

Damb bro,
I know you know how to germ them babies, so I know it wasnt your tech.
I really hope that was not your whole collection.
Peace
Ez

It was all the good stuff, now all I'm left with is the crap I only kept for keeping's sake.

F

FastForward

That sucks BH. You're welcome to any beans I've got in my fridge....nothing old or especially elite, just a nice mix of stuff from the Farm over the past year.

dj.scotfree

dj.scotfree

Man BH that's horrible! I was kinda hoping this was one of those April Fools Day threads... sadly it isn't... You seem to pay it forward a bunch... It will come back to you ;)

peace brother, djsf

B

British_Hempire

Well, the Blueberry are still in a plastic box in towels, they might still germ. I put some other Blueberry from a different generation of the same line that never went to Spain in a different box to germ so we'll see what happens. The SSH and Haze that went to Spain are also still in boxes to germ, but no signs of life. I have put some more SSH and Haze that never went to Spain in as well, I have a funny feeling that the stuff that stayed at home will be live and germ and the stuff that went to Spain won't.

Did I already say FUCK!

B

British_Hempire

Hmm, I finally have a taproot out of a bean!

Last year i decided to clean out my loft, get rid of a lot of old stuff from my art college days and in the bottom of a locked metal file storage box that had a bunch of old, once important papers in, I found a bag of 70-odd seeds, they have been locked in that box since at least 1997, I think they are the leftovers from my first ever grow, which means they came from my art college tutor, they are quite big and look Afghan to me, my hazy memory of my first grow back in 1993/4 seems to recall that I had 12 Afghans and 1 massive Thai that never flowered but grew into a tree, this was outdoors in the UK. Anyways, I put a dozen of these old seeds from the 90s (actually, probably from the 80s, they were old seeds when I was given them) into towels last week and 1 has a couple of mm of taproot now, these seeds went to Spain, so fingers crossed i might get one or two more of the seeds that went to Spain to pop.

90s Bagseed
L

lovelightpower

sorry to hear of your loss mate. :(

but whe-hey, 90's/80's seeds! hope you find some winners in there...

S

SnowCap

Hey BH,

I was going to ask you because I was having germ issues with some seeds I got from you I've only germed half of each pack, Purple Thai and Colombian Gold x LR. I did get one Purple Thai to crack but I'm not sure shes going to make sprout. I've tried a couple of the Pure Thai also and nothing yet has germinated? Have you had these issues from any other person that purchased from you?

Thanks for your time.

SnowCap

H

hazyfontazy

probably not the smartest move to germ all your collection :sick0004:

K

kill-9

probably not the smartest move to germ all your collection :sick0004:

Dont see how it would make any difference, as long as he did it right. If you were in Cali I'd give you some clones...thats gotta hurt.

B

British_Hempire

Hey BH,

I was going to ask you because I was having germ issues with some seeds I got from you I've only germed half of each pack, Purple Thai and Colombian Gold x LR. I did get one Purple Thai to crack but I'm not sure shes going to make sprout. I've tried a couple of the Pure Thai also and nothing yet has germinated? Have you had these issues from any other person that purchased from you?

Thanks for your time.

SnowCap

That's the first problem I've heard of, where did ya get them? Here or breedbay? I have more of those lines but probably they won't germ either.

K

krom

That's bad for you, you should have sent some seeds to me as you told, i could have give back some to you. Anyway, i have a smalll seeds collection but i could send you a couple if you need, a few sour-jack(sour-turbo x jack-herrer) and some sensi skunk x californie indica.

H

hazyfontazy

Dont see how it would make any difference, as long as he did it right. If you were in Cali I'd give you some clones...thats gotta hurt.

the difference is he no longer has the seeds ,:sad0047:

Top Bottom