WW from ilgm about 5 weeks into flower.

• Thread starter Perrin6363
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I say this because your lights are out so they are not photosynthesizing. It would be a much different story if the lights were still on. This is where i used to use an air pump with a battery back up. You can but a battery back uo separate or integrated into the air pump.

They will be fine for 4-6 hrs unlike an aeroponic system

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

And i look like an idiot lol… you not in hydro… sit back and chill your plants will be fine

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

My fucking power is out again! It's been an hour with 2.5 more hours to go. I'm running home now to put them outside
I don't think you need to overreact on this personally. There are lots of cloudy stormy days where photosynthesis stalls while the black clouds go over. The plants can take it.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Ohh, thanks guys. I was having a mild melt down. I tried to think about worse case scenario. Which I guess would be hermies? And even then, they're far enough along that it wouldn't be that bad. They're not going to die and whither away in a few hours without light or ventilation. Either way by the time I got home the power magically came on. I say that bc my neighbors power is still out and the website says 530pm. That's why I was freaking out. I was looking at 4 hours. It would've been so hot and humid in there. I had just watered and hadn't sucked out the run off yet. I wait 20 min to let it all drain out, then I forgot. Usually I do. I'll look and see my humidity is up and try to figure out why then remember the run off sitting in the tray. @Aqua Man that batteries a good idea, I'll look into that. Unlike @Moe.Red I am not very experienced in engineering or electronics. But it has been fun learning. I'll look into a back up power source and how to make it kick on when the power goes out. I know generators can do that, but I can't buy a generator right now. I could buy a battery though that could power a few essentials for a short period of time. Really guys thanks for the quick replies. It def helped my mental situation. I was very glad to hear it's not as big a deal as i thought. Sorry this was so long.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ohh, thanks guys. I was having a mild melt down. I tried to think about worse case scenario. Which I guess would be hermies? And even then, they're far enough along that it wouldn't be that bad. They're not going to die and whither away in a few hours without light or ventilation. Either way by the time I got home the power magically came on. I say that bc my neighbors power is still out and the website says 530pm. That's why I was freaking out. I was looking at 4 hours. It would've been so hot and humid in there. I had just watered and hadn't sucked out the run off yet. I wait 20 min to let it all drain out, then I forgot. Usually I do. I'll look and see my humidity is up and try to figure out why then remember the run off sitting in the tray. @Aqua Man that batteries a good idea, I'll look into that. Unlike @Moe.Red I am not very experienced in engineering or electronics. But it has been fun learning. I'll look into a back up power source and how to make it kick on when the power goes out. I know generators can do that, but I can't buy a generator right now. I could buy a battery though that could power a few essentials for a short period of time. Really guys thanks for the quick replies. It def helped my mental situation. I was very glad to hear it's not as big a deal as i thought. Sorry this was so long.
The most essential in your situation for power outage is ventilation if that helps. Not sure what your growing but if a tent you would ideally want to open it up or have a battery back up on the exhaust

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Thread 'Ballin' On a Budget- THE RECIPE' https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/ballin-on-a-budget-the-recipe.128055/

I went through the first few pages of this until it started to drift to other topics. Topics way past me. Most of the info in here I have to take in small doses to process through it. One question I had that didn't get answered in the thread was if I'd use all of the nutrients he mentioned the whole time. In a post he said he's not a fan of high P through the grow and I think he said he uses the Jacks after transition and through flower. I have a bunch of ff nutes that'll prob last me 3 more grows. But I saw a few of you guys say to mind that man's advice, so I wanted to give his "recipe" a try.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Look I know these are terrible pics, I'm trying to get better with the microscope, but these are all still mostly clear right?

Screenshot 20220608 182125 Video Player
Screenshot 20220608 182222 Video Player
Screenshot 20220608 182742 Video Player
Screenshot 20220608 182537 Video Player
Screenshot 20220608 182326 Video Player
Screenshot 20220608 182822 Video Player
Screenshot 20220608 182835 Video Player
Screenshot 20220608 182845 Video Player
Screenshot 20220608 182958 Video Player
Screenshot 20220608 182931 Video Player
Screenshot 20220608 182854 Video Player
Screenshot 20220608 183017 Video Player
Screenshot 20220608 183037 Video Player
Screenshot 20220608 183051 Video Player
Screenshot 20220608 183227 Video Player
Screenshot 20220608 183127 Video Player
Screenshot 20220608 183105 Video Player
Screenshot 20220608 183239 Video Player
Screenshot 20220608 183253 Video Player
Screenshot 20220608 183306 Video Player
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Correct. Not ready for harvest if that’s what you are asking

There is some “forum wisdom” that says earlier harvest is more up and heady and later is more couch lock. I find this claim dubious but I can’t feel what everyone feels so. ?

Based purely on testing cannabinoid levels using TLC in my personal lab the longer you wait generally higher levels and the minors like CBG and THCV start to become measurable if your genetics supports them. So more complex. I like that better

Since you are new to this you should consider harvesting over time. Take buds early mid and late, keep track of them and after you cure do a blind smoke test. See which one you like the best, now you know when to harvest next time to suit your own tastes. One of the greatest benefits of growing your own.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Also don’t do any of that flushing or dark before harvest nonsense you will eventually read about. I’ve got links to disprove those little bro science nuggets if you are interested.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Look I know these are terrible pics, I'm trying to get better with the microscope, but these are all still mostly clear right?
Some strains never go amber too or lose potency waiting for it. Sometimes it's the plant as a whole that determines ripeness,not just trichrome condition.Also,I don't go for the old chop at different stages for required effects, more upbeat with clear,more sedative with amber, run the plant to the end and see if you like the effects otherwise it will be missing some of the effects ,a soaring sativa will have those effects ripe for example.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

There is some “forum wisdom” that says earlier harvest is more up and heady and later is more couch lock. I find this claim dubious but I can’t feel what everyone feels so. ?

Based purely on testing cannabinoid levels using TLC in my personal lab the longer you wait generally higher levels and the minors like CBG and THCV start to become measurable if your genetics supports them. So more complex. I like that better

Since you are new to this you should consider harvesting over time. Take buds early mid and late, keep track of them and after you cure do a blind smoke test. See which one you like the best, now you know when to harvest next time to suit your own tastes. One of the greatest benefits of growing your own.
I certainly hope I'm not ready for harvest, I'm hoping these buds get a bit bigger. I would love to harvest that way, and when I can get a good drying curing area I'll def do that. But the only place I have good environmental control over is my tent, and somewhat my lung room. Somewhat bc I just crank the ac and it gets as cold as it can, which fluctuates. I just realized yesterday, through advice, that the 2 plants are prob going to finish a week or 2 apart. I'm thinking I'll just throw the plant in my little veg closet, it's in the lung room, to finish up. I won't have an exhaust fan but I'll just leave the door to the closet open and have a fan blowing fresh air in there. It'll be like 68 with 45% rh. Then I can use my tent to dry the first plant in. But I'll have to do it at one time. I've got a 2 room little house to build out over the years. I'll eventually get there. Can I post videos on here?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I certainly hope I'm not ready for harvest, I'm hoping these buds get a bit bigger. I would love to harvest that way, and when I can get a good drying curing area I'll def do that. But the only place I have good environmental control over is my tent, and somewhat my lung room. Somewhat bc I just crank the ac and it gets as cold as it can, which fluctuates. I just realized yesterday, through advice, that the 2 plants are prob going to finish a week or 2 apart. I'm thinking I'll just throw the plant in my little veg closet, it's in the lung room, to finish up. I won't have an exhaust fan but I'll just leave the door to the closet open and have a fan blowing fresh air in there. It'll be like 68 with 45% rh. Then I can use my tent to dry the first plant in. But I'll have to do it at one time. I've got a 2 room little house to build out over the years. I'll eventually get there. Can I post videos on here?
yes you can easily upload directly from your phone.

Are you worried about smell at all?

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

yes you can easily upload directly from your phone.

Are you worried about smell at all?
No. I thought I was at the beginning and I got a carbon filter. But I unhooked it. I live going in that house and letting the smell hit me

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I agree genetics is the real influence… cannabinoids change a bit from early to late but bit a really significant effect from someone who dry flower vaped and is highly sensitive

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Also don’t do any of that flushing or dark before harvest nonsense you will eventually read about. I’ve got links to disprove those little bro science nuggets if you are interested.
In 200% agreement here. I have done the dark… cant say yah or nah but didn’t notice the difference so i feel it doesn’t help but doesn’t hurt. But i do feel a good 12 hr dark is beneficial, beyond that as i say above.

The flushing i totally agree. The only benefit to it is the savings on nutrients your not using. A few studies have shown this now

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

I had mentioned once using panda film on a new grow tent. Someone had mentioned these reflective panels, I thought they had also mentioned maybe it being insulating too. And someone else replied with how cheap it was. But there's a lot to look through and i though maybe it would ring a bell. Are there better options than panda film. It seems pretty cheap and effective.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Some strains never go amber too or lose potency waiting for it. Sometimes it's the plant as a whole that determines ripeness,not just trichrome condition.Also,I don't go for the old chop at different stages for required effects, more upbeat with clear,more sedative with amber, run the plant to the end and see if you like the effects otherwise it will be missing some of the effects ,a soaring sativa will have those effects ripe for example.
Good stuff man thanks. I know about smoking pot and effects are never that defined to me anyway. I get high or I get really high. It sounds like you're right on about just finishing the plant out and letting that certain stain mature to its full potential. Then if I don't like it find another strain.

Top Bottom