Yellow tips on new growth

• Thread starter Harry_Manback
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Flexnerb

Flexnerb

2 actual feedings and 1 just water in-between. Might've not made it clear enough.

Yeah, this is what was really confusing for me! Gorilla Cookie is more indica leaning( 55% Indica / 45% Sativa ) and I've been giving it the same amount of nutes as to Super Lemon Haze( 50% Sativa, 30% Indica), yet only Gorilla showed these symptoms, that's why I was inclined to rule out nute burn.

Will skip one of the feedings and just do 2x watering in a row, thank you so much for your advice, really appreciate it!
What cut of super lemon haze do you have? Dutch cup cut? Franco cut?

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

So in great detail please explain hiw much of each nute you are using.

Bio grow
Bloom
Fish mix
Topmax
Bioheaven?

Harry_Manback

Harry_Manback

What cut of super lemon haze do you have? Dutch cup cut? Franco cut?
Oof, that's a tough question! Seeds are from Green House Seed Co. Where can I look up what cut do I have? :D

So in great detail please explain hiw much of each nute you are using.
I've been following BioBizz feeding chart from here.

Used Bio Grow, Top Max, Fish Mix and Bio Bloom. As it was pointed above I've made a mistake of using both Bio Grow and Fish mix at the same time, so I only using Bio Grow now. Just to clarify currently I'm only having issues with Gorilla Cookie plants(which I purchased from Fast Buds).

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Oof, that's a tough question! Seeds are from Green House Seed Co. Where can I look up what cut do I have? :D

Used Bio Grow, Top Max, Fish Mix and Bio Bloom. As it was pointed above I've made a mistake of using both Bio Grow and Fish mix at the same time, so I only using Bio Grow now. Just to clarify currently I'm only having issues with Gorilla Cookie plants(which I purchased from Fast Buds).
how is it today?

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

A friend has the dutch cup cut! Thats why im asking.

I know you pointed out the schedule. Lol
I was hoping to get the numbers from you. I think they may have put out a new schedule too.

Anyways i would never feed fish mix with bloom in flower! The bloom already has fish mix in it. Lmao!

You should alternate fish mix and bio grow. Depending on strains elemental needs. Bio bizz grow alone will no doubt cause an imbalance of elements. Thats no bueno! Thats why rotating the fish n grow is essential.

Did you watch the video with the bald guy? Hes the owner of the company. Seems like a pretty good cat too.

I would suggest the bio heaven as well....its an amino supplement that will give good to great results.

Edit: what soil are you in? When did you start feeding nutes?

Before you get cocky again! I dont read every post...lol

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
A friend has the dutch cup cut! Thats why im asking.

I know you pointed out the schedule. Lol
I was hoping to get the numbers from you. I think they may have put out a new schedule too.

Anyways i would never feed fish mix with bloom in flower! The bloom already has fish mix in it. Lmao!

You should alternate fish mix and bio grow. Depending on strains elemental needs. Bio bizz grow alone will no doubt cause an imbalance of elements. Thats no bueno! Thats why rotating the fish n grow is essential.

Did you watch the video with the bald guy? Hes the owner of the company. Seems like a pretty good cat too.

I would suggest the bio heaven as well....its an amino supplement that will give good to great results.

Before you get cocky again! I dont read every post...lol
calling him cocky? haha..
always read before posting.

Harry_Manback

Harry_Manback

how is it today?

Looking alright, no new yellowing I can see so far, will examine a bit better after work!

No worries, here are the numbers :) and more details

Using All Mix soil. Was feeding 2x a week, 3litres of water per plant, started giving nutes from 2nd week 1ml of Bio Grow per litre. Starting week 3 same amounts of water, but 1ml of Bio Grow, 1ml of Bio Bloom and Top Max. After week 3 started going all ham and as you mentioned watched the vid with the Bald dude where he was saying it's OK to use both Fish mix AND Bio Grow. So 1ml of Bio Grow, 1 ml of Fish mix, 1 ml of Top Max + Bio Bloom. Fed like this for at least 2 weeks only increasing amount of Bio Bloom like in the chart. Adjusting PH with Citric Acid(and as I mentioned my PH got screwy so I fucked up with amounts).

So as I understand it's the issue of a bit too much nutes + wrong PH that led to lockout. Was adding maintenance amounts of CalMag with every watering as-well, like 0.3ml per 1l of water.

Harry_Manback

Harry_Manback

I am not having any of these problems but I am in Coco/perlite. Interesting read this thread, thanks for the views.

So far the lesson is: Invest in a decent water and soil PH meter and do not try to save buying cheap-o crap that'll break and screw your yields :D

Honestly, a learning moment, especially for the first ever grow. Don't think I've done too much damage, but could've definitely avoid these issues. Will see how my girls look by the end of this week, but so far buds are forming nicely, maybe not so many as I would've liked, but oh well, live and learn!

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Looking alright, no new yellowing I can see so far, will examine a bit better after work!

No worries, here are the numbers :) and more details

Using All Mix soil. Was feeding 2x a week, 3litres of water per plant, started giving nutes from 2nd week 1ml of Bio Grow per litre. Starting week 3 same amounts of water, but 1ml of Bio Grow, 1ml of Bio Bloom and Top Max. After week 3 started going all ham and as you mentioned watched the vid with the Bald dude where he was saying it's OK to use both Fish mix AND Bio Grow. So 1ml of Bio Grow, 1 ml of Fish mix, 1 ml of Top Max + Bio Bloom. Fed like this for at least 2 weeks only increasing amount of Bio Bloom like in the chart. Adjusting PH with Citric Acid(and as I mentioned my PH got screwy so I fucked up with amounts).

So as I understand it's the issue of a bit too much nutes + wrong PH that led to lockout. Was adding maintenance amounts of CalMag with every watering as-well, like 0.3ml per 1l of water.

How i understand we need a balanced diet for plants just like we as people do. The fish is 4 0 3 grow is 3 0 7....these numbers are per the US label. You arent in the states correct? So numbers are different...
Point here is if you use grow all the way tbrough you add K like a mf'er. Another point i think if you alternate between the fish and grow it gives a better balance.... I think its what imbalances things if just the grow is used. I was having some issues with the bio bizz line myself. Mine was using too much i think. I abandoned the biobizz fir now and got botanicare to try out....send the company an email if you can. J will most likely be the rep that gets back at ya.

If you use grow and bloom in the us together you get 3 2 9....good for flowering! The N might be a lil high imo but others might say no. All that K early on just seems like it might tend to throw things off...as for veg 3 2 9 is an imbalance waiting to happen down the road....that is imo, whats going on.

Too much K can give you a K, cal, and or mag def. It can mess with P as well...look into this..google...Mulders chart...see for yourself...

Im new to this indoor thing myself im a veggie grower outside. I will not give up on biobizz...beet vinasse is where its at..canna loves it....best nute line based on what its comprised of.

All mix! How long before you put any nutes in there? Did you start feeding straight away? If you fed right away that could be your issue. I Think that all mix can be compared to fox farm ocean forest. Just add water for 2 to 4 weeks.

Citric can be goofy in soil. Not chemist so cant say why.

All in all seeing the pics your plants look nice! Lets see them finished....i think theyre going to be fine no worries. Mine looked worse. But i fed them way too much and well yeah...lol

Harry_Manback

Harry_Manback

Another point i think if you alternate between the fish and grow it gives a better balance.... I think its what imbalances things if just the grow is used.

That's an interesting idea! I will try it out on my next feeding.

All mix! How long before you put any nutes in there? Did you start feeding straight away? If you fed right away that could be your issue. I Think that all mix can be compared to ocean forest. Just add water for 2 to 4 weeks.

I waited until week 3 to start feeding with nutes, since All Mix said to have enough to last, so I didn't want to overfeed. Initially used a bit less water, well, 1.5l per plant(and nutes accordingly) cause I had no idea how plants would react while they're smaller. Thought it would be better to start with lower amounts and see if it's ok or if they'll react like they need more.

Citric can be goofy in soil. Not chemist so cant say why.

Yeah, noticed it, it might be cause it's less stable, but I'm not a chemist myself, so all this is just speculations based on me reading others experience with citric. Got white vinegar as-well. Might just but a proper dosed PH- next time.

All in all seeing the pics your plants look nice! Lets see them finished....i think theyre going to be fine no worries. Mine looked worse. But i fed them way too much and well yeah...lol

Thank you! I hope they will! Gonna snap some more pics later, but as I see it growth was stunted for a bit cause of my fiasco, but plant itself managed to grow pretty tall and big before, so it's got good base and with proper care now it'll rebound.
fox farm
fox farm
fox farm
fox farm
fox farm
fox farm

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Apple cider vinegar is best. Get the Natural stuff...its got some goodies in it too!

Harry_Manback

Harry_Manback

Here I am with some photos as promised!

1st Gorilla Cookie plant

IMG 20210401 224401

IMG 20210401 224409

And here's the second plant

IMG 20210401 225401

IMG 20210401 225431

I've removed most dead leaves from 1st plant, on second there are still leaves with yellow spots, but I'm removing only worst looking ones and trying to not cut more than 2-3 leaves per day so not to shock plant that much. Both look decent, I think, second one got 2 dominant branches and generally looking a bit healthier even with all the leaves affected.

Next feeding\watering will prolly be around Saturday, so will see how they look by that time. Here's a pic of Super Lemon Haze as-well :)

IMG 20210401 225440

Harry_Manback

Harry_Manback

i’m looking at the pics on my phone and i’d say they look great! compared to where you were just a bit ago.

Thank you! Hopefully a rough patch is behind and they'll only recoup and start beefing up those colas now :) Let me know if\when you'll check those on a bigger screen if there's anything I should pay attention to!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
absolutely, though i think your good and you now know a few things. i think she’s recovering nicely and quickly, you can see she’s reacting nicely now, not so sad, more happy!

Harry_Manback

Harry_Manback

Posting an update, I really don't know if plants are getting better or not. Maybe there's a point in flushing or should I just stick with it doing plain water feed followed by like 30% of recommended amount of nutes?

Plant 1:
IMG 20210405 214740

IMG 20210405 214706

Plant 2:

IMG 20210405 214834

IMG 20210405 214616

IMG 20210405 214610

So this is it for 2 Indica plants. Sativa plants looking pretty good, only noticed 2 leaves with brown spots for both plants and slightly burned tips that were there already.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
how long since you fed her? 2-3 days ago?

Top Bottom