Yellow tips on new growth

• Thread starter Harry_Manback
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
how long since you fed her? 2-3 days ago?
the tips seem a light green/white and more than burnt,
how far are your lights from tops?
also what light are you using?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Yup, last time was 2 days ago. I'm using Mars Hydro LED Grow Lamp TS 1000 and it's 40cm(15.7 inch) away from the highest branch atm.
ok, someone will chime in and let us know if that distance is good for flowering..
sorry i use 1000 watt metal halide and high pressure sodium..
i’d raise the lights about 10 inches until someone with those lights replies.
your feeding should be ok, it takes a week for her to show effects from feeding i think we’re just seeing damage already done..
there was some good advice earlier on in this thread from other growers, maybe re read to see.
i’ll keep looking at them and see if i can figure something out.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
just as i use 1000 watt metal halide and its 30-35 inches away from the tops..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Will raise lights :) Hope it helps, thank you for your continued input man, really appreciate it!
i’m here no matter what happens..
if you start helping someone than i think it’s only right to follow till the end or until your help is not needed anymore..
all good.. let’s get this figured out! think it’s been almost 2 weeks?

Harry_Manback

Harry_Manback

Last watering PH was ideal 6.4-6.5 after adding all the nutes. Will do a soil slurry PH test tomorrow to see what's up.

Cypress66

Cypress66

Last watering PH was ideal 6.4-6.5 after adding all the nutes. Will do a soil slurry PH test tomorrow to see what's up.
I had two of the ts 600 lights and they were 12’ above the plants and no problems i know it is a smaller light but i don’t think it would that much different 2 of the 600 compared with 1 1000 the plants look like a Afghan strain to me? I probably haven’t been much help to you but I don’t know if it’s the light but I’m not going to say it couldn’t be a good few years ago when I first used led it was a burple one i paid £120 enough for 8/9 years ago excuse my rambling back to the issue this probably isn’t relevant but i had it 20/24” above and the plants all went fucking white bleached which i hadn’t heard of at the time but i used that light again after about two years after as i went back to the old school hid and never had a problem work that one out? But someone did tell me once some plants don’t like led maybe that was my problem?seems strange that it’s not happened since just the once hope you get to the bottom of it peace ✌️

Cypress66

Cypress66

I had two of the ts 600 lights and they were 12’ above the plants and no problems i know it is a smaller light but i don’t think it would that much different 2 of the 600 compared with 1 1000 the plants look like a Afghan strain to me? I probably haven’t been much help to you but I don’t know if it’s the light but I’m not going to say it couldn’t be a good few years ago when I first used led it was a burple one i paid £120 enough for 8/9 years ago excuse my rambling back to the issue this probably isn’t relevant but i had it 20/24” above and the plants all went fucking white bleached which i hadn’t heard of at the time but i used that light again after about two years after as i went back to the old school hid and never had a problem work that one out? But someone did tell me once some plants don’t like led maybe that was my problem?seems strange that it’s not happened since just the once hope you get to the bottom of it peace ✌
Just looked at the specs on the mars they are both the same 18” for veg and 12” for flower but the 1000 covers a bigger area

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

The last pics harry posted look a bit funny. The curling and browning have me thinking too much uneven watering....maybe! Ive seen it myself when im too rough at transplanting.

You guys think this could be a root issue? Heat or underwatered?

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

I run a ts1000 atm in flowering, 12” from the canopy get leaf temps around 74-78. One inch above the main tall coil has around 81f and I use a heat gun to measure.

Cypress66

Cypress66

just as i use 1000 watt metal halide and its 30-35 inches away from the tops.. View attachment 1110381
That’s some powerful lighting you got there bro you must get some great flowers highest i ever went was 600 an that was not for to long cost was too much so I went 400 it was a bit better love to have a grow using one of them i actually have 2 of them had them years nicked them from the lighting towers that we use on site they all use them if you have any contacts in the hire depos they will probably have the bulbs might save you some money 💰

Harry_Manback

Harry_Manback

You guys think this could be a root issue? Heat or underwatered?

Temp is staying around 24-26 Celsius(75-80 F) generally. For watering, I've ramped up the amount of water to 4L per plant(5 gallon pots), never saw a runoff as-well.

Have no idea about roots tho, how would I even go about checking them without harming the plant?

Harry_Manback

Harry_Manback

So what I was thinking is to flush one of these Indica plants, the "worst" looking one and see how it does after. Second one is looking better, generally I'm being a bit too panicky maybe, this one forming nice colas and it doesn't look like they're really stunting growth that much.

Sativa plants look great. Really heavy buds and colas, smell is something else, you can already taste the lemon in Super Lemon Haze! One of my plants is 1.5 weeks younger, cause one of the seeds didn't take. But it's growing like it's Hulk on steroids. Really bushy and forming colas all over. I barely even did LST on it.

Will wait till tomorrow for scheduled watering of all plants, will give all of them decreased amount of nutes, as it's been mentioned to not take BioBizz recommended amounts as one true way and prolly flush that one Indica plant.

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

Hi there, I've been looking all over trying to understand what's wrong with my plants and finally coming out of lurking to ask directly.
It's my first grow, I'm growing 2 auto strains (Gorilla Cookie and Super Lemon Haze). Feeding both the same stuff using same guidelines. Using BioBizz nutes. Problem is: my Gorilla Cookies started getting yellow tips on new(mostly higher) leaves. I thought it could be a light burn, so moved my lights( mars hydro led grow lamp ts1000) up, this still happens, lowered intensity to 75% - same effect. And this only happens to GC and not Super Lemon Haze. Minding the fact that GC grew quite taller, but otherwise it's the only difference.

Growing in BioBizz All Mix, keeping PH between 6.5-7 and feeding 2x-3x times a week(2x with nutes and 1 time just water) according to BioBizz official schedule. Nutes and supps I'm using: Top Max, Fish Mix, CalMag, Bio Bloom and Bio Grow. Let me know if I missed anything important for deducting the issue!

Attached couple of pics, one shows said yellow tips and another is whole plant, so you can see that most lower leaves do not have any yellow tips, and those that have got it since they were smaller, yellowing didn't change or progress further. So I thought it couldn't be nutrient burn. But again, this is my first grow and my experience is limited to reading\observing others only.

Regards
Hey bud. That looks exactly like magnedium deficiency. Potassium sulfate (epsom salt) should fix that up. Start with 1 gram per gallon. Make sure you dont get bath salts or Mg2SO4 thats has pretty smells or colors. If it was from your nutes being too strong the tips would look more burnt. If they are just yellow at the tips and along the leaf perimeter, its magnesium. The reason only 1 plant 8s affected is because they are different strains with different nute profiles and contrary to what some people tell you, magnesiun is ESSENTIAL to plant growth and yes, some strains like more Mg than others. Just like some are phosphor pigs and some dont need much. Heresa pic of how the nutrient needs change throughout a cannabis plant life cycle. Let me know how it turns out. Sure its your first grow but just remember the famous quote "I never lose. I either win, or learn"

44F692EE 9488 457B A7E6 6EF763C6DE72
DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

that’s a good amount of water per the 5 gallon.
not sure if this will help out any.. but good to have, as memory can be off at times, haha..
Hey GNick, whats up? I literally just uploaded the same chart for our friend 😂😂

Harry_Manback

Harry_Manback

hey what’s up??
So it looks like damage has stopped for now and all I've been seeing is what's already been done. Decided not to flush, just lower the amount of nutes and wait for 1 more week to see in what way plant's condition will change. One of two plants looking decent even with all the yellow\brown spotted leaves, second one looks a bit less good, but still buds keep forming and getting bigger.

Hey bud. That looks exactly like magnedium deficiency. Potassium sulfate (epsom salt) should fix that up. Start with 1 gram per gallon.

Should I still do it even after the damage been done? Been feeding them CalMag, is it possible to overdo on Cal btw?

Sure its your first grow but just remember the famous quote "I never lose. I either win, or learn"

Absolutely, trying not to get too discouraged :) It's experience and even if my yield won't be optimal, I think I'll still get 20g+ from a plant, that would be pretty cool + for next time I'll avoid these mistakes and see how much better it all can come out.
Thanks for advice!

Latest posts

Top Bottom