Your plants in VEG! Veg plant photo, cloning discussion , share your pre flower prep!

• Thread starter Mikedin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Mmmm I have dark leafs too. Too much intensity and too close. On top of that I did develop some magnesium deficiencies that I thought was Ph but in reality it was depleted of mag before I get to my reservoir swaps.
Good catch, maybe a touch too much n as well, you have shiny leaves.
Beautiful plants man.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I have been watering with 1 gal roughly 30% runoff and seems to be drying back 4-5 days
Yeah stop watering to runoff a couple few feeds. They look good man! Maybe a hearty dry back before your next feed too. 👊🏻🤡

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I just did water the last time so let dryback and just do water again but font runoff?
Indeed. I would give less for a couple feeds. They will perk back up. Let it dry out well now. Then lean back in with a bit less water the next few feeds.

Rama777

Rama777

It runs an “actual” 650watt. So that’s pretty powerful if it is actually drawing 650.

Notice how dark the leafs are. You have proper nitrogen and magnesium available to produce that super dark green. But that super dark green is the plant working overtime to create chlorophyll, using lots of nitrogen and magnesium is going to be used to keep up production of chlorophyll to handle the intensity, causing the super dark green. Less intensity would lighten the leafs a bit and put less tax on Nitrogen useage. The problem is that she is spending more energy for this purpose over creating nodules so in a way, you stunt more stacking as she focuses keeping up with photon delivery. Some get to thinking it’s just a nitrogen toxicity but light intensity (if nitrogen and magnesium are in plethora) can force the plant to perform work where needed. Which is useage of nitrogen and magnesium, production of chlorophyll and the dark green pigment is the indication she is taking on a lot of photons. If you end up with a magnesium deficiency, it’s most likely due to the intensity demanding more magnesium to process more nitrogen and it becomes “deficient” but only due to her needing to make more chlorophyll to perform the photon delivery properly. If nitrogen were deficient with a max veg 50k lux intensity, then you would yellow, and light burn more easily with one or the other in deficiency to demand.
This is thought provoking. It makes sense in my mind except perhaps one thing I find myself questioning. You said that backing off light when you have a plethora of N/Mag would lighten the leaves? In my mind, IF the N and Mag are already there in the soil in abundance, and you can't take it out (without flushing), then wouldn't the plant just start getting more and more potentially N toxic by not forcing the plant to USE the N that's there? Or perhaps that really boils down to what your inputs are. I myself have found my choice of soil to be too hot for some strains. I feel like the solution was maybe to pump the magnesium so that the leaves could utilize the Nitrogen and get over the developing toxicity. Does that make sense? If I had just backed the light off and allowed the plant to not have to use so much Nitrogen to keep up with the photons, how then would the plant respond to the potentially excessive nitrogen in the soil?

Rama777

Rama777

And now this thread is for cloning too eh? Pardon me if this has already been more or less answered somewhere in previous pages..

I've taken cuttings from 8 plants now. It was easy and they all rooted. All I've done is to dip a lightly scored, 45 degree snipped cutting into clonex and then stick them into soil that I maintain moisture in until rooting out he pot. I haven't given any thought to the environment. I've just put them in open air in my veg tent and it has worked fine.

BUT, I've got some finicky, super sensitive and fragile plants that I REALLY want to ensure success on the cuttings with. Say I decide to make some upgrades. What would help to ensure success with potentially difficult to clone plants more...Attention to VPD/humidity in a more ideal cloning environment or some kind of aero cloning or water cloning thingamajig or whatever? I'm ignorant of the methods. Basically should I invest in environment or a fancier cloning method aside from just going straight into soil?

Lockebox

Lockebox

And now this thread is for cloning too eh? Pardon me if this has already been more or less answered somewhere in previous pages..

I've taken cuttings from 8 plants now. It was easy and they all rooted. All I've done is to dip a lightly scored, 45 degree snipped cutting into clonex and then stick them into soil that I maintain moisture in until rooting out he pot. I haven't given any thought to the environment. I've just put them in open air in my veg tent and it has worked fine.

BUT, I've got some finicky, super sensitive and fragile plants that I REALLY want to ensure success on the cuttings with. Say I decide to make some upgrades. What would help to ensure success with potentially difficult to clone plants more...Attention to VPD/humidity in a more ideal cloning environment or some kind of aero cloning or water cloning thingamajig or whatever? I'm ignorant of the methods. Basically should I invest in environment or a fancier cloning method aside from just going straight into soil?
I’d just invest in a dome and plugs. That dome should be all the environmental control you need and you can save loads of money just doing it old school taking the domes off daily

Rama777

Rama777

I’d just invest in a dome and plugs. That dome should be all the environmental control you need and you can save loads of money just doing it old school taking the domes off daily
Cool thanks! Which plugs do you use?

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter

Hey sometimes I don’t set mine up either haha, these been here 10 days just in a cup, nubs on the stems, I’ll pot em up soon probably lol

I like to experiment so I build fun stuff like that cloner 😆

I have usually have 100% success with the cloner setup though every time, do you plan to clone a lot? Or just here and there Or does your method work well enough for you?

IMG 3538
Rama777

Rama777

Hey sometimes I don’t set mine up either haha, these been here 10 days just in a cup, nubs on the stems, I’ll pot em up soon probably lol

I like to experiment so I build fun stuff like that cloner 😆

I have usually have 100% success with the cloner setup though every time, do you plan to clone a lot? Or just here and there Or does your method work well enough for you?
My method has worked 100% of the time but that’s just having done like…12 cuttings or something. I just want to be sure I successfully clone all my triangle kush and they are very sensitive plants. I’m assuming they are more finicky to clone as well.

And yeah, I expect to be taking a quite a lot of cuttings.

One thing I’ve noticed is that my cuttings have taken quite some time to root out with how I’ve gone about it. Seems like about a month before growth. Does that seem like a long time?

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

My method has worked 100% of the time but that’s just having done like…12 cuttings or something. I just want to be sure I successfully clone all my triangle kush and they are very sensitive plants. I’m assuming they are more finicky to clone as well.

And yeah, I expect to be taking a quite a lot of cuttings.

One thing I’ve noticed is that my cuttings have taken quite some time to root out with how I’ve gone about it. Seems like about a month before growth. Does that seem like a long time?
Yep, that’s a while. Plugs in a dome you are usually looking at 7–14 days.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I feel like a missed my window to do a chop top so folded them over and tied all the lower branches to the pots. Kind of playing catch up with these six because I had 20 other plants in the room ( NEVER AGAIN) hahaha! I have a trellis im going to throw over them at some point.
9AE15BC6 2DB7 4DFB ABD2 F711CEE01A93
029A1C5D 0213 4106 9F99 F19D671889B3

Top Bottom