Your plants in VEG! Veg plant photo, cloning discussion , share your pre flower prep!

• Thread starter Mikedin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
My method has worked 100% of the time but thatā€™s just having done likeā€¦12 cuttings or something. I just want to be sure I successfully clone all my triangle kush and they are very sensitive plants. Iā€™m assuming they are more finicky to clone as well.

And yeah, I expect to be taking a quite a lot of cuttings.

One thing Iā€™ve noticed is that my cuttings have taken quite some time to root out with how Iā€™ve gone about it. Seems like about a month before growth. Does that seem like a long time?
Yeah especially with finicky strains cloner are nice just due to being sterile as can be usually cuttings barely even droop for an hour if you cut and get right into the cloner, about the same time wise for riot cubes like @Fromunda506 said above

Rama777

Rama777

Yeah especially with finicky strains cloner are nice just due to being sterile as can be usually cuttings barely even droop for an hour if you cut and get right into the cloner, about the same time wise for riot cubes like @Fromunda506 said above
Cool cool, thanks for the support guys!!

Iā€™ll grab some plugs and another couple domes.

All my domes are currently being used for perennial flowers. You know those seed packs that be like..ā€barely cover these vanishingly tiny seeds. Needs light to germinate but somehow also needs to be covered. 99% germination rate after about 40 days if temperatures are held within a tenth of a degree from some obscure value that nobody keeps their home at and does not actually occur in nature.ā€

Perennials!!!

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Last day of veg for these ladies and gents.
Front row is yeti f4. Middle is super lemon nightmare. Back row is godā€™s vagina. All regs from Aficionados of Cannabis in co springs. Flipping these untrained. Will prolly regret it (the gvā€™s can be monsters), but itā€™ll be fun either way! Cheers
IMG 1457

B

Bdubs

+/- 13 weeks total and still vegitating
Mainline
This is how I did it this run.

The stunted girl was J rooted during germination and clearly shows her stubbornness compared to the Straight rooted seed, of the same seed pool. She quickly became the less tampered with obviously as growth vigor were not up to par to perform mainlining on.

IMG 8707
IMG 8726
IMG 8751
IMG 8914
IMG 8967
IMG 9026
IMG 9057
IMG 9058
IMG 9090
IMG 9138
IMG 9165
IMG 9166
IMG 9235
IMG 9246
Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

So I just germinated then dropped 6 seeds in solo cups in fox farm happy frog soil. First thing I do is fill up 6 small cups with filtered water and place them on the heating pad for a few hrs. Once the water seems to be room temp I squirt a little peroxide in each cup. Then drop a seed in each(6 different strains).after 12 hrs I check tho see if seeds sink. If they do I move them to a Tupperware with a lid lined with wet paper towels. Once I see the seed crack it goes in a solo cup with ff hf. I use the tip of a pen to make a small hole no wider than the pen and only 1/4ā€-1/2ā€ deep.then I just sprinkle a little fresh loose soil over the hole and spray with room temp water. I keep the cups on the pad on the kitchen counter till I see it pop through soil. Once I get a little sprout I cover the cup with an upside down clear cup that I spray with water and place in the tent under a 100w light set at like 40 inches. I remove the cups I use as domes 2-3 days after they sprout. Then try to keep the tent as humid as possible and close to 80f. I forgot to mention I keep the lights 24hrs for the first two days. This run Iā€™m trying a 20/4 light schedule because I have autos and photos in the same tent. So Iā€™ll be adjusting the timer to 20/4 today.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Allright Iā€™ll throw one more here last one for this setup, just gotta wait to start postin them in the frosty flowers topic instead lol, next pics here will be the frostettes when they get up potted lol, itā€™s actually day 13 since flip but there stretchin out and filling in before throwing pistils

IMG 3540
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

Some science experiments with the clones this time. Put some in root riot cubes (8) and the rest (6) in my DIY aeroponics cloner.

New stuff to test:

1) Never used the cubes before. They seem easy as hell to use. Little cleanup/prep needed.

2) Also, gave all of them a dip in some clonex rooting gel. It is crazy sticky and super viscus. Reminds me of polyethylene oxide when i try to pour a bit out into a spoon for dips.

3) I usually run my cloner bucket with tap water. This time I added about 10ml of clonex liquid to the bucket.

Next time: might try some of that clonex spray, but dont know.

Looking to get healthy roots quicker. Plain water works well (100% root so far) but it takes me 12 days before i have the roots i want before putting them in soil.

Otto Bonn

Otto Bonn

View attachment 2152339

Some science experiments with the clones this time. Put some in root riot cubes (8) and the rest (6) in my DIY aeroponics cloner.

New stuff to test:

1) Never used the cubes before. They seem easy as hell to use. Little cleanup/prep needed.

2) Also, gave all of them a dip in some clonex rooting gel. It is crazy sticky and super viscus. Reminds me of polyethylene oxide when i try to pour a bit out into a spoon for dips.

3) I usually run my cloner bucket with tap water. This time I added about 10ml of clonex liquid to the bucket.

Next time: might try some of that clonex spray, but dont know.

Looking to get healthy roots quicker. Plain water works well (100% root so far) but it takes me 12 days before i have the roots i want before putting them in soil.
I've been jonesing to build a cloner, I'll go back and read your progress. I may hit you up for some pointers Tumble.

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

I've been jonesing to build a cloner, I'll go back and read your progress. I may hit you up for some pointers Tumble.
Really easy build. I have a parts list on my thread. I took the idea, and scaled it way back, from @Mikedin . Similar design, except mine is in a 2 gallon paint bucket instead of the big bin he has set up.

Feel free to hit me up whenever you have questions

Top Bottom