Your plants in VEG! Veg plant photo, cloning discussion , share your pre flower prep!

• Thread starter Mikedin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

thanks man, that was my first question (bucket size). I was thinking of using a food grade 3G.
That's going to work!
One thing to note, the white food grade buckets let a lot of light in. I gave it a coat of rubberized paint on the outside so the inside stays nice and dark

BB22

BB22

✌️
IMG 4374

Rama777

Rama777

View attachment 2152339

Some science experiments with the clones this time. Put some in root riot cubes (8) and the rest (6) in my DIY aeroponics cloner.

New stuff to test:

1) Never used the cubes before. They seem easy as hell to use. Little cleanup/prep needed.

2) Also, gave all of them a dip in some clonex rooting gel. It is crazy sticky and super viscus. Reminds me of polyethylene oxide when i try to pour a bit out into a spoon for dips.

3) I usually run my cloner bucket with tap water. This time I added about 10ml of clonex liquid to the bucket.

Next time: might try some of that clonex spray, but dont know.

Looking to get healthy roots quicker. Plain water works well (100% root so far) but it takes me 12 days before i have the roots i want before putting them in soil.
I’m looking forward to the results of this!

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
That's going to work!
One thing to note, the white food grade buckets let a lot of light in. I gave it a coat of rubberized paint on the outside so the inside stays nice and dark
I use a layer of gorilla tape I use the 4” wide rolls just cut strips and wrap, between watering every other day and scrubbing them in hot soapy water between runs I haven’t had to fix any tape and been using them for about 2 years.

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

I use a layer of gorilla tape I use the 4” wide rolls just cut strips and wrap, between watering every other day and scrubbing them in hot soapy water between runs I haven’t had to fix any tape and been using them for about 2 years.
Tape is brilliant! Definitely no chance of peeling or chips with that. If/when i need to give it a fresh coat i'll go that route. I had a spray can of the black flex spray about half full in the garage, so i just used what was on hand.

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

Is that a bag of potatos?! Those bloody things are about ready to walk out to the garden and plant them damn selves!!
I was staring at that picture forever trying to figure out what the hell I was looking at. I've never in my life seen potatoes done like that. My buddy just cuts all the eyes off and goes and plants them. I love your idea 🤣

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I was staring at that picture forever trying to figure out what the hell I was looking at. I've never in my life seen potatoes done like that. My buddy just cuts all the eyes off and goes and plants them. I love your idea 🤣
Yeah those nodes can probably be cut in half and potatoes only need 1 eye per cut to plant out can probably do 3-4 per potato

leroygreen

leroygreen

First is a ghost train x Lemon cherry gelato, takes on any training nicely. Second is a seed I found in super boof. So superboof/? We will see not a fan. Happy frog/ffof split with fox farms trio cal- mag and hi brix. 16 days into flower. First plants in 10 years. Running 3 2x4. Hlg diablo 350 is on these. Next light core pro flower and sun systems 8 bulb t5 veg.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
First is a ghost train x Lemon cherry gelato, takes on any training nicely. Second is a seed I found in super boof. So superboof/? We will see not a fan. Happy frog/ffof split with fox farms trio cal- mag and hi brix. 16 days into flower. First plants in 10 years. Running 3 2x4. Hlg diablo 350 is on these. Next light core pro flower and sun systems 8 bulb t5 veg.
View attachment 2152848View attachment 2152849
Nice setup! Looking great for 10 years since your last grow!

Top Bottom