Incogneato's Veg(ina) Box

• Thread starter incogneato
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
incogneato

incogneato

LOL I know I'm setting a bad example.

But I have nothing requiring me to be on a set schedule.

I honestly think I'm following my ladies light schedule lol.

On a real note though.
Once life gets serious again i will straighten it out. Even if takes 1 day of no sleep to fix the rhythm.

I miss waking up at 4-5am everyday :p
The odd thing is that its almost natural to shift to that schedule when you don't have to be up. When I used to be on mornings and either be laid off or on medical I would always do the same thing. Now I have to be on this schedule and I hate it haha. I say enjoy it while you can, it will be over before you know it. Smoke up!

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
The odd thing is that its almost natural to shift to that schedule when you don't have to be up. When I used to be on mornings and either be laid off or on medical I would always do the same thing. Now I have to be on this schedule and I hate it haha. I say enjoy it while you can, it will be over before you know it. Smoke up!

I agree completely.

It's as if my body just gravitated here naturally. It just felt right.

I stay home. Even if my wife is asleep for work I'll stay up alone.

I'm not staying up partying or anything. I'm literally laying on the floor by my tent most of the night.
Using my phone. Smoking. Chillin. Snack here. Snack there.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
That's reassuring to hear. I thought a few degrees warmer would be ideal but they seem happy now. Its tough when you're flying blind lol. Learning all the way though lol. It was warmer in the tent before I put the exhaust in there... Duh and I panicked when it dropped :drunk::drunk2:
Slightly lower temps will result in slightly slower growing plants with dense colorful flowers. At higher temps the plant will grow faster and bigger but the flowers will be airy and green tasting.

incogneato

incogneato

Welp, lack of time and complacency got me again. The Djs gold and starfighter f2 x lbl seedlings I had going in the poor mans sips started to damp off. They were doing great but I have been busy the last few days and they're hard to get to in the back of the tent so I haven't checked them. Just added nutes in the last 4 days bi checks. I caught it early so I think most of them will be able to outgrow it. They were all super healthy and vigorous. There were 3 that were in brought shape at the base so I cloned em. The rest of the plant was in great shape so I made a quick call instead of letting them decline. Both DJs gold and one stafrfighter x lbl . the one DJs gold was probably OK but I was in full panick mode lol. I think they will clone fine. It does set my timetable back but I'm going to nurse them all back to health before up potting them.
20161212 040734
Hard to see but this was the worst of it

incogneato

incogneato

Forgot to mention they all got a h2o2 and water rinse an I nuked the tray as well.
20161212 051150
On a positive note I got things moving on my new 8'x4' flower box. I'm hoping to have it done tomorrow. I need to get these gals some room as its getting crowded in the 4x4

Minitiger

Minitiger

the recount is just a front for Stein to raise money
she has raised 7 mil
she could barely raise 3 for her campaign
all this money is going to the green party
Wisconsin just supposedly upped the price
she already Balked in PA
it is just a crooked money scam

nothing more

and if they did a recount here in Cali
all the undocumented immigrants excluded
he would probably be up by a mil or 2
they were voting in my city
We have one of only a few DMV's that give undocumented Drivers Liscense
and right next to it was the Voting reg
which as you get your liscense you slide over and register
the Gov didnt allow the bill that was presented to pass because it is constitutionally illegal but places like San Diego/San Fran/LA said well were are doing it anyway
it was on the local news
although when Pre Elct tweets it
the MSM says he is a liar and there are not facts to back his claim
well .....just rerun the CBS news from like 3 weeks ago in LA

I'm not gonna turn this into a political thread, since it IS @incogneato 's, but there have been 31 cases of voter fraud since the year 2000 out of a billion votes cast. So this assertion by trump that "millions" of illegal votes were cast is total fucking bullshit.

Minitiger

Minitiger

I'm semi new to the led realm and decided to start cheap because I know that it is only going to get better for the buck in the future. The thing is based on my growing environment in the tiny cellar of a nasty 100 plus year rental. These cheap ass lights are kicking ass in my opinion. You can state all you want Wisher619, like you know it all and I do applicate your stating's. I'm just showing what has been working for me and you are basically telling me that I'm not getting good results from all of my years of growing methods and they are all myth, and yours are perfect. I love how this all started from suggesting supplemental UV over CFL lighting in bloom. :)
Total respect, Orca

Look into Apache tech's LEDs. Their lights aren't cheap (I paid $2500 for mine), but they're worth every penny.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Yo @jumpincactus . My jug of nutrients is so alive that it has transcended the foaming.

Whether I brew it for a day or a week.
It stays nice and non foamy.

I think the 1" layer of living colonies of fungus/microbes at the bottom & the stuff lining the walls eats the good stuff. Then once used in the soil the plants go crazy.

I honestly think it's these lifeforms that eat through the soil over the plants life. Releasing nutrients to the plant but also depleting the soil of nutrients over time.

I think I need to start considering top dressings. When is a good time to top dress and what is good top dress @jumpincactus ?

Yo @jumpincactus . My jug of nutrients is so alive that it has transcended the foaming.

Whether I brew it for a day or a week.
It stays nice and non foamy.

I think the 1" layer of living colonies of fungus/microbes at the bottom & the stuff lining the walls eats the good stuff. Then once used in the soil the plants go crazy.

I honestly think it's these lifeforms that eat through the soil over the plants life. Releasing nutrients to the plant but also depleting the soil of nutrients over time.

I think I need to start considering top dressings. When is a good time to top dress and what is good top dress @jumpincactus ?

I topdress with kelp meal, gypsum, fish bone meal, a little neem meal and either EWC or compost (Bu's Blend) about ten days to two weeks before flower. It really does wonders.

Also re: foaming teas: foam doesn't mean shit. I usually just do a simple EWC/molasses brew and those foam decently, but I've noticed that when I add a little fish/kelp hydrolysate to the tea, it never foams. I don't know why that is exactly, I'm not a chemist haha, but yeah, doesn't matter if your teas foam or not.

Also, I don't know what exactly you're putting in your teas, but you definitely don't want them brewing for a week. I mean, if you're talking about compost teas, that is. I've made alfalfa meal teas before (just alfalfa meal and water, nothing else added) and let those brew for five days or so, which is fine. But if you're brewing a compost tea, you really don't want to let it go more than 36 hours or so, depending on your goals. I usually brew mine for thirty hours, which ensures a relatively even population of fungi, bacteria and Protozoa. But I definitely wouldn't brew a compost tea for a week. I think that that could cause it to go anaerobic.

Last edited:
justiceman

justiceman

Welp, lack of time and complacency got me again. The Djs gold and starfighter f2 x lbl seedlings I had going in the poor mans sips started to damp off. They were doing great but I have been busy the last few days and they're hard to get to in the back of the tent so I haven't checked them. Just added nutes in the last 4 days bi checks. I caught it early so I think most of them will be able to outgrow it. They were all super healthy and vigorous. There were 3 that were in brought shape at the base so I cloned em. The rest of the plant was in great shape so I made a quick call instead of letting them decline. Both DJs gold and one stafrfighter x lbl . the one DJs gold was probably OK but I was in full panick mode lol. I think they will clone fine. It does set my timetable back but I'm going to nurse them all back to health before up potting them. View attachment 652075Hard to see but this was the worst of it

Getting some clones going hell ya! If that picture was the worst of it was it really that bad? Did you end up letting the mothers go or you keeping them alive? Sometimes setting the time back just a little bit ensures things will run smoothly for the rest of the grow. At times it must be done. I set myself back a little bit as well hahaha.

I topdress with kelp meal, gypsum, fish bone meal, a little neem meal and either EWC or compost (Bu's Blend) about ten days to two weeks before flower. It really does wonders.

Also re: foaming teas: foam doesn't mean shit. I usually just do a simple EWC/molasses brew and those foam decently, but I've noticed that when I add a little fish/kelp hydrolysate to the tea, it never foams. I don't know why that is exactly, I'm not a chemist haha, but yeah, doesn't matter if your teas foam or not.

It's the oil from the fish! @Minitiger

Last edited:
Minitiger

Minitiger

Alright, just got caught up with everything @incogneato . Looking good. As far as your temps are concerned, 60 is definitely on the chilly side, but I wouldn't stress too too much about it. My night time temps have been getting into the mid 60's, sometimes as low as 64 and I'm not really sweating it. I mean, you saw my plants, they're looking pretty good haha.

It's funny. My first grow, I was stressing over EVERYTHING. Trying to keep everything perfect and shit. I'd freak if one little thing wasn't exactly as it's "supposed" to be. But after a while, you'll realize that shit just isn't that big of a deal. Cannabis is a pretty hardy plant, it can take pretty much all you can dish out. Relatively speaking, of course.

incogneato

incogneato

Getting some clones going hell ya! If that picture was the worst of it was it really that bad? Did you end up letting the mothers go or you keeping them alive? Sometimes setting the time back just a little bit ensures things will run smoothly for the rest of the grow. At times it must be done. I set myself back a little bit as well hahaha.

It's the oil from the fish! @Minitiger
The 3 that I ended up cloning I took everything that was healthy and used it as the clone. They were only a few nodes tall and wanted to give them a good chance of survival. I didn't want to lose the DJs gold because I only had 2 beans so I was overly cautious. I had some damping off issues at the very beggining of my first try and now I'm gun shy lol. I'll have to get some fish hydrolysate then, whenever I bubble nutes they foam over

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter

Also, I don't know what exactly you're putting in your teas, but you definitely don't want them brewing for a week. I mean, if you're talking about compost teas, that is. I've made alfalfa meal teas before (just alfalfa meal and water, nothing else added) and let those brew for five days or so, which is fine. But if you're brewing a compost tea, you really don't want to let it go more than 36 hours or so, depending on your goals. I usually brew mine for thirty hours, which ensures a relatively even population of fungi, bacteria and Protozoa. But I definitely wouldn't brew a compost tea for a week. I think that that could cause it to go anaerobic.

Whether brewed for a day or a week. My ladies go apeshit for it.

In nature things don't compost or break down in 1-3 days then get used & done lmao.

In nature things are breaking down over the long term. Never ending cycle of new compost to old. With thriving populations of living things fighting for balance of control.

Just like any ecosystem. My jug has its own. It has a thriving population of its own native organisms. The jug never runs completely dry.

I hear people regurgitating the same online information. Brew for x hours, use before x days.

Yet do any of them work outside the parameters? Usually no.

Now I know my way might not seem to align with the standards. But remember I'm an outside the box thinker. And the proof of my long term Eco-Jug (ecosystem jug) are clear. The biatches love it.

I just posted many bud shots yesterday. But here is an example what all 27 cola's look like from my eco-soup.

20161212 064114
20161212 064301

If you have any other ideas that my ways are wrong I'd like to see some testing/experiments to show otherwise.

Because my results are wonderful.
And I post all relevant data in my thread to be analyzed.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
The 3 that I ended up cloning I took everything that was healthy and used it as the clone. They were only a few nodes tall and wanted to give them a good chance of survival. I didn't want to lose the DJs gold because I only had 2 beans so I was overly cautious. I had some damping off issues at the very beggining of my first try and now I'm gun shy lol. I'll have to get some fish hydrolysate then, whenever I bubble nutes they foam over

To control the foam you'll need an oversized reservoir. For example I use a 3 gal reservoir to brew 1 gallon

incogneato

incogneato

Alright, just got caught up with everything @incogneato . Looking good. As far as your temps are concerned, 60 is definitely on the chilly side, but I wouldn't stress too too much about it. My night time temps have been getting into the mid 60's, sometimes as low as 64 and I'm not really sweating it. I mean, you saw my plants, they're looking pretty good haha.

It's funny. My first grow, I was stressing over EVERYTHING. Trying to keep everything perfect and shit. I'd freak if one little thing wasn't exactly as it's "supposed" to be. But after a while, you'll realize that shit just isn't that big of a deal. Cannabis is a pretty hardy plant, it can take pretty much all you can dish out. Relatively speaking, of course.
Yea I micro analyze everything because I have nothing to compare it to other than what I read. My temps are decent, at least I'm not battling heat. It does make me feel good to know that I won't have any issue with heat during the summer anyhow.

Minitiger

Minitiger

In nature things don't compost or break down in 1-3 days then get used & done lmao.

In nature things are breaking down over the long term. Never ending cycle of new compost to old. With thriving populations of living things fighting for balance of control.

Just like any ecosystem. My jug has its own. It has a thriving population of its own native organisms. The jug never runs completely dry.

I hear people regurgitating the same online information. Brew for x hours, use before x days.

Now I know my way might not seem to align with the standards. But remember I'm an outside the box thinker. And the proof of my long term Eco-Jug (ecosystem jug) are clear. The biatches love it.

I just posted many bud shots yesterday. But here is an example what all 27 cola's look like from my eco-soup.

View attachment 652231 View attachment 652232

If you have any other ideas that my ways are wrong I'd like to see some testing/experiments to show otherwise.

Yeah, those nugs are looking SWEET, no doubt.

Like I said, I don't know what kind of teas you're talking about. When I said you don't really wanna go over 36 hours, I was talking about a simple compost tea (EWC or good compost and molasses being the only ingredients. I mean, besides water haha). I've not done any sort of tests, don't own a microscope, but I've read quite a bit about it, primarily from Tim the Microbeman's website and from Cootz's posts on grass city. Tim states that after about 36 hours, the tea becomes Protozoa-dominant. It's all in the timing. Again, this is as I understand it. Around twenty hours, you'll have a fungal-dominant tea. Around thirty hours, there should be decent populations of both fungi and bacteria. And, like I just said, thirty six hours and up will give you a more Protozoa-dominant tea. I've never heard or read about anybody brewing an AACT for longer than that, so I don't know what happens when you start getting into the five/six/seven day realm.

But fuck, man, if your plants are digging it, they're digging it haha. Keep doing your thing. It's obviously working for you.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Yea I'm in a 5 gallon bucket, even going with 4 gal it foams over. Guess I'll have to start using a tote

What're you using to brew your teas? I mean, as far as the air pump is concerned. I use Microbman's brewer and it's pretty "splashy." Four gallons of a water in a five gallon bucket, but I just put some Saran Wrap over half of the bucket's lid and it keeps most of the water in the bucket. Some does splash out for sure, which is why I put the bucket on a towel, which ends up being fairly well wet by the time the tea's finished. It's gonna get no messy no matter what, but again, after a while, I just stopped giving a shit about the mess haha. Having said that, I do have to do a little clean-up afterwards.

Minitiger

Minitiger

View attachment 652231 View attachment 652232

Just re-read this post. So you're saying you have a tea-brewing jug that you're kind of constantly adding things to and constantly brewing teas? A kind of perpetual tea thing going on, as it were, so that you have tea readily available whenever you want? How interesting. I haven't ever heard about anything like that before. If you don't mind and you have the time, would you mind elaborating on this? What you add and when? When you water your plants with this "stew" (for lack of a better word) etc etc? This sounds intriguing. What kind of brewer are you using? I mean, the air pump and all of that. I'm fascinated by this, I've truly never heard of anything like this before.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Yeah, those nugs are looking SWEET, no doubt.

Like I said, I don't know what kind of teas you're talking about. When I said you don't really wanna go over 36 hours, I was talking about a simple compost tea (EWC or good compost and molasses being the only ingredients. I mean, besides water haha). I've not done any sort of tests, don't own a microscope, but I've read quite a bit about it, primarily from Tim the Microbeman's website and from Cootz's posts on grass city. Tim states that after about 36 hours, the tea becomes Protozoa-dominant. It's all in the timing. Again, this is as I understand it. Around twenty hours, you'll have a fungal-dominant tea. Around thirty hours, there should be decent populations of both fungi and bacteria. And, like I just said, thirty six hours and up will give you a more Protozoa-dominant tea. I've never heard or read about anybody brewing an AACT for longer than that, so I don't know what happens when you start getting into the five/six/seven day realm.

But fuck, man, if your plants are digging it, they're digging it haha. Keep doing your thing. It's obviously working for you.

I hope I didn't come off dick-ish or cocky. Because I don't know it all.
Nor do I wish to come off that way.

But so far my setup has been refined to my interpretations on nature and science.

I need a microscope just like you so I can't say my way is worst or best.

But it seems to be producing quality.
And it seems the system is very simplified.

I wouldn't call it a compost tea.
I would call it a nutrient tea.

I use my earth juice feeding charts.
I add all the listed nutes to my water amount usually 1 gallon at a time.

Once all main ingredients are added I then follow their additives chart. Once that's done I add 1 tbsp Blackstrap molasses and about .25-.5tsp biozeus microbes. And about .25-.5tsp mychorizae a couple times over the life. All products are earth juice except the fish hydrosylate and seaweed which is neptunes harvest

Then I bubble for anywhere between 1-4 days on average. But during transplants to larger sizes it has hit over a week before.

I like to reuse 14oz each refill to allow the life to carry over.

I also catch all soil runoff during watering and add to my jug.

I never clean the jug to allow the life to take hold to the jug.

So every feeding the life inside has has a chance to digest and consume the contents. Along with life and death cycles of the microorganisms adding proteins and acids to the nutrients.

I can visually see the plants respond to each feeding withing 15 minutes of adding to the soil. This is because
The food is very bio available to the plant and it sucks it up fast!

The other reason is because plants eat microbes. So my high microbial content gives the plant a secondary food source :) see here.
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0011915

Top Bottom