15kw HYDRO GARDEN

• Thread starter UNVME
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RMCG

As for the smell/taste, she is one of a kind. The smell is a really strong lingering skunk (from a good distance), but when you get close and break her open she has the smell of,.... hmm,.. sour citrus apples with a hint of banana skunk.. :party0042:

The taste I have noticed comes with big differences. I have had batches of SPICEY herbal tasting GreenC, as well as a lingering fruity taste. I believe the amount of dry/cure time has quite a bit of effect on the GreenC taste, as the same batch has had two completely different tastes. The one with the longer cure obviously tasted much more fruity, where-as the "chopped, dried and smoked" had a bit of a ''spice'' taste to it. Typically, most of the GC I have encountered had the "spice" taste, I was surprised when I tasted the overwhelming fruitiness for the first time, but thats my goal...fruity!

Sour Citrus apples with Banana Skunk.

Sounds fantastic. :)

C

crossouttheiis

that does sound good. Everyone loves the fruity ones, but im not talking about this kind :makeup

S

Stu

totally forgot about this party.

UCVME looks nice, you can tell you know what you are doing.

I'm still just in love with your set up. The winch for the lights just adds the professional appeal to it. Must be nice seeing 15kw move up and down with the push of the button. Looks great

Stu :joint:

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Hey brother... how are the cooling coils working for you??? Was thinking of using them but worry about the ph and being able to chill down to 65deg.

Love your set up.

U

UNVME

Hey guys - Thank you so much for the nice compliments!

The cool coils are working great. I set the thermostat on the chiller to about 57*, and in return that keeps my water consistently 65-67. Not to mention it doesn't take the chiller much power to cool those coils and the lines.

B

bluewaves

hey bro have u grown the GC in soil or soiless medium before?? indoor....

K

Killadelph13

the GC I have veg's like a mother fucker in any kind of medium. very durable. Im sure its similar to this cut.

B

bluewaves

thax for all ur answer good shit!....now anything new in that thing u call (jungle) room?

B

BudLust

The cool coils are working great. I set the thermostat on the chiller to about 57*, and in return that keeps my water consistently 65-67. Not to mention it doesn't take the chiller much power to cool those coils and the lines.

wat HP u using?

The cooling coils def are the way to go.
i got my 1HP setup so i can split it 4 ways to each system and only need one chiller rez to keep cold and set to 59*
keeps my buckets around 65*-66* but mite be cuz the insulation.
anyways bro keep ur head up i got ur bak. hit me bak on PM when u get a chance.

B

bdawg22

How do those cool coils work? Are they easy to set up? Where do you get them from?

B

BudLust

Cooling Coils

How do those cool coils work? Are they easy to set up? Where do you get them from?

HydroInnovations Cooling Coils

or try this micro brewer companies coils. a lot cheaper.

Midwest Supplies

U need a water chiller and sum sort of rez (insulated trashcan works for me) filled with water. pump water from the chiller rez thru the chiller thus cooling it to the set temp. then a second sub pump will pump the rez water thru ur coil (which should be placed in ur nute rez or DWC bucket epicenter) and the water will run thru the coil and bak into the same chiller rez to be recooled and so on. the lower temp water being pumped thru the coil will cool the surrounding ambient water temp.
heres how my setup looks just as an example. im sure UNVME wont mind.

hope this helps brotha.

http://i1127.invalid.com/albums/l640/budlust/IMG_1015.jpg

http://i1127.invalid.com/albums/l640/budlust/IMG_1007.jpg

trashcan is now insulated and so are the hardpiped lines.

http://i1127.invalid.com/albums/l640/budlust/IMG_0904-1.jpg

-boomer

U

UNVME

BudLust, you're the man!! Great explanation. I am using a 1.5hp ECO PLUS water chiller.

I do suggest insulating the water-chiller RES as well, like mentioned.

The GC is getting to heavy for its own good before finishing week 4. Found an easy way to add extra support, so i'll try to snag some pictures when I can.

Shit is getting frosty and the buds are looking very light green and swollen calyx already... can't wait.

H

Herban Legend

Daaaaaaang nice setup, can only dream about having a setup like that.

G

grow_dat_nasty

nice setup but you can get away with 1 pump instead of 2, just pump from rex to chiller than straight out of the chiller to cool coil and the hot from the cool coil back to res, if theta more than 1 cool coil then split the line out of the chiller to each of the cool coils

N

NorcalTom

Thats one hell of a setup, your killing it!!! I like growing GC, to me its very durable and grows great. Good job again.......

Top Bottom