2010/2011 Purple Myst Project

• Thread starter Xrancher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

ganja_guy52

looking good rancher, lovin the setup, the Myst looks like some dank!!

Xrancher

Xrancher

looking good rancher, lovin the setup, the Myst looks like some dank!!

Thanks for the visit ganja_guy52,

speaking of dank...did you check out the #'s the mother's flowers got from Pure Analytics lab...?

I'm hoping to bump them up a little this go round...

stay tuned...

Xrancher

Xrancher

Xrancher

I guess this dance with the weather is still ongoing...forecast for Wednesday May 25th 60% chance of rain...I really don't mind the rain...I know we need it...it keeps the sunflowers watered...but DAMN...

I've got some surprises for the greenhouse...after the rain...

Xrancher

Xrancher

Xrancher

Nice setup bro, looking very nice!

Thanks for dropping by ripthebong, this little project is fun...my ancesters were farmers as most of ours were...I am really enjoying this project but it is a lot of hard work...and then there's the weather...

Xrancher

Xrancher

Xrancher

So...this is what the the forecasters say...

THE UNSEASONABLY DEEP UPPER LOW OVER THE GULF OF ALASKA WILL BE NEAR
THE OREGON/CA BORDER BY EARLY TUESDAY MORNING. THE UPPER LOW WILL
MOVE SLOWLY SOUTH INTO NORTHERN CA BY MIDDAY WEDNESDAY WITH 500 MB
TEMPS FCST TO BE AS LOW AS -28C. HAVE INCREASED POPS FOR TUESDAY AND
WEDNESDAY WITH SHOWERS POSSIBLE ACROSS MOST OF THE DISTRICT ON
WEDNESDAY. TEMPS WILL REMAIN WELL BELOW NORMAL. THE 06Z RUNS OF THE
NAM12 AND GFS ARE EVEN WETTER...IF THIS TREND CONTINUES WITH THE
12Z RUNS POPS WILL NEED TO BE BUMPED UP EVEN MORE AS THIS UNUSUALLY
COOL AND WET LATE SPRING CONTINUES.

need I say more...FUCK!

A pic to emphasize my concerns...

not_funny_2_May_29_2011.JPG

not_funny1_May_29_2011.JPG

and...the wind machines were running all night on the vineyards...frost on the ground...WTF!

The plastic really needs to come off to give those girls some growing room!

sorry about the shitty pics of the 6 footer...lights are still on...

Xrancher

Xrancher

Xrancher

June Rain...?

Well it looks like all the outdoor crops in Nor Cal have been royally screwed by Mother Nature...grape growers are facing a reduced pollination thus a reduced harvest with most likely reduced prices...us Cannabis growers are fighting are own battles...

Here's my battle...

IMG_23312.JPG

6_foot_plus_June_1_2011.JPG

I was in Sac on June 1 and here are some weather pics..

Sac1_June_1_2011.JPG

Sac2_June_1_2011.JPG

Sac3_June_1_2011.JPG

I have thought of a good...I hope...short term solution...

I'm putting a one foot extension on my hoop legs to give me another week...I was supposed to remove the plastic May 20th...oh well...

Xrancher

Xrancher

Xrancher

June 4th rain is here...WTF!

I finally finished the one foot extensions on the greenhouse...my fucked up back took the brunt of it...in my wildest dreams I had no idea I would still be under plastic come June 4th...I figured the girls would be in glorious sunshine by now...that's what I get for thinking Mother Nature would be predictable...pics to come as soon as it gets light enough...I was too tired to get any after I was done yesterday.

Xrancher

Xrancher

Xrancher

The Greenhouse has a skirt

I finally got around to taking some pics...

The skirt I had to put on the greenhouse because I raised it a foot...it's now 7' 4" to the plastic...I know I said no more exterior pics of the greenhouse...but damn I'm 15 days over my target date for removing the plastic...

Skirt_on_greenhouse.JPG

Interior...

Headroom.JPG

I could go another week with the extra height before removing the plastic...I certainly hope the rain stops by then...but who knows...?

Xrancher

T

theTinker

It depresses me each day that these girls are still waiting.. Thanks for the regular pic updates! The GH is looking good! a skirt in my eyes is always welcomed! :) good job on it. You do good DIY work.

How are the sun flowers coming along?

I never did an outdoor grow. This week ill be starting a guerilla grow for the first time. Looking forward to the challenge. What would be the consequences of taking the plastic off now? wind + light + rain? Though we get mild winds at best here, also frequent but light rain, if your talking strong wind and flooding, i see your point!

Xrancher

Xrancher

It depresses me each day that these girls are still waiting.. Thanks for the regular pic updates! The GH is looking good! a skirt in my eyes is always welcomed! :) good job on it. You do good DIY work.

How are the sun flowers coming along?

I never did an outdoor grow. This week ill be starting a guerilla grow for the first time. Looking forward to the challenge. What would be the consequences of taking the plastic off now? wind + light + rain? Though we get mild winds at best here, also frequent but light rain, if your talking strong wind and flooding, i see your point!

Thanks for props Tinker, a skirt for the girls is always good in my eyes as well...the sunflowers have weathered the rain and a few hail storms but they really need the sun and it's raining today...usually it's 80 degrees f this time of year...

the plants can handle the rain okay but these hail storms that blow through from time to time won't do them much good...I have too much time invested to chance it...come Tuesday I'll check the forecast...then make the call...
the good news is that the light cycle is just about perfectly synchronized to as close to 16/8 as it's going to get...I've got my fingers crossed for a coming out party this week...

guerrilla growing is what I've done in the past...I just can't pack in and out like I used to do so I'm glad I live in California and am 215 compliant...

Xrancher

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
great start man - I think your gonna win the good fight - your shit is huge - cant wait to see it when the hoop houses come off - peace

S

StrikeitRich

All u need is dedication and elbow grease. Looking Great man cant wait to see em free and blowin in the wind and bathin in the sun. Best wishes and happy growing.

Peace,
S i R

Xrancher

Xrancher

great start man - I think your gonna win the good fight - your shit is huge - cant wait to see it when the hoop houses come off - peace

Thanks motherlode, I really have to give humboldtlocal the credit for the inspiration for my setup on the small scale that it is for showing me what can be done with hard work, determination and a little knowledge.

I think I spaced these girls too close together, as it seems I always do, because I underestimate the crazy growth they have and with my limited space.

I'm going to have a hedgerow of Cannabis...these plants are already bigger than their mother was when she was harvested last year.

Thanks for dropping in motherlode and checking out the farm.

All u need is dedication and elbow grease. Looking Great man cant wait to see em free and blowin in the wind and bathin in the sun. Best wishes and happy growing.

Peace,
S i R

Thanks S i R, you're right about the elbow grease and determination. I'm doing this out of my love for the plants and the healing properties of Cannabis for my patients. If I fail I also fail my patients so I have the determination and drive, just not as much elbow grease as I did when I was younger, ha, ha.

Thanks for the good words...

Xrancher

Xrancher

Xrancher

PJ Purple Myst Coming Out June 7, 2011

Well...I'll let the pics speak for themselves...

purple_myst_coming_out4.JPG

purple_myst_coming_out5.JPG

purple_myst_coming_out6.jpg

Oh...that's hortohoney in the Cannabis hedgerow...

Xrancher

T

theTinker

congratulations! :) Im delighted the girls are finally not imprisoned.

Xrancher

Xrancher

congratulations! :) Im delighted the girls are finally not imprisoned.

Thanks Tinker, me too...

Here are a couple of pics today...

The hedgerow...

garden_june_14_2011.JPG

Moonrise tonight...

rising_moon_balance_resize.jpg

Now that everything is in the ground I'm going to catch up on my work around the farm...I'll try to update weekly...

Good luck with all your grows and thanks everyone for dropping by...see ya in a week.

Xrancher

Top Bottom