2019 outdoor season

• Thread starter 45North
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TerriR

TerriR

All my big lower fans are looking like this. Thrips, leaf hoppers, wtf?

2DF2A8B7 1F20 41A0 B59C 3791E966AFA3
TerriR

TerriR

Looks like could be mites,,hopefully not russet mites, they suck
I was seeing lots of thrips and leaf hoppers...so I drenched all plants in Take Down. Today there is no sign of any of them. The Take Down works for mites too...so hope I knocked them side the head good. Waiting for some Lost Coast because I don’t like spraying my flowers. Heck, it could be anything outside 😳

B

Burned Haze

Yes, I have a couple of tents...I can set one up I suppose (outdoor is just so much simpler). I do clones right into soil...K9 in this case. The trick is to dip in cloning gel and water right then with Rootshield (thanks BurnedHaze for that secret). I think cloning is a million times easier than popping seeds but you have to get a female first. 😁
np buddy!

root shield wp /plus def was a step forward in my garden ( I love it ) those beginnings stages are just so hard and something like root shield wp makss seedlings and clones survive and thrive ( wilt and other diseases def try to win at that vulnerable stage and to have something that works so good)

Nothing worse than losing your clones or new batch of seeds to wilt/ pathogen ....

TerriR

TerriR

All my big lower fans are looking like this. Thrips, leaf hoppers, wtf?
Thrips, 100%...process to eliminate says to spray every other day for 2 weeks. second week of flowering...what can I spray for 2 weeks straight?

TerriR

TerriR

np buddy!

root shield wp /plus def was a step forward in my garden ( I love it ) those beginnings stages are just so hard and something like root shield wp makss seedlings and clones survive and thrive ( wilt and other diseases def try to win at that vulnerable stage and to have something that works so good)

Nothing worse than losing your clones or new batch of seeds to wilt/ pathogen ....
Now I have thrips...crickey, it’s always something this year. Last two years I only had to spray caterpillars.

B

Burned Haze

Solution !

Conserve sc, 22x stronger than than captain jacks dead bug (spinosad ) , I would only apply till start stage of bloom (1-3 weeks max) of bloom max
2.96ml per gal , Ph 5.5 , only 3 applications per seasons max ( greenhouse / outdoors only ) read manual/label well and wear proper PPE

That stuff is best thrip killer out there ( it kills mites too even thou not listed lol )

Last edited by a moderator:
TerriR

TerriR

Solution !

Conserve sc, 22x stronger than than captain jacks dead bug (spinosad ) , I would only apply till start stage of bloom (1-3 weeks max) of bloom max
2.96ml per gal , Ph 5.5 , only 3 applications per seasons max ( greenhouse / outdoors only ) read manual/label well and wear proper PPE

That stuff is best thrip killer out there ( it kills mites too even thou not listed lol )
done..it will be here Thurs. so industrial strength Spinosad? How far into flower can this be used? Thinking I will hit them 3 days in a row and then every 2 weeks until ? Which will take care of the caterpillars too...Thanks! Much appreciation!

B

Burned Haze

done..it will be here Thurs. so industrial strength Spinosad? How far into flower can this be used? Thinking I will hit them 3 days in a row and then every 2 weeks until ? Which will take care of the caterpillars too...Thanks! Much appreciation!

1. Yes industry / commercial grade for agricultural
2. 1-3 Into flower is max where you should stop foliar spraying To guarantee no issues at harvest on a plant at 8-12 weeks of bloom ( even thou it prolly wouldn’t be a issue otherwise, better safe than sorry)
3. Yes it will def take those caterpillars /moths ( works jut as good as dipel df )
4. Hit it like this conserve sc , alt choice #1 , alt choice #2, conserve sc, alt choice #1, alt choice #2 , conserve sc ( since you can only use it 3 times max? These pest can become resistant and it’s always best to play the IPM /rotate game ) apply everything 3-4 days

Note if you don’t do the “ alt “ sprays in-between, just means. You might have bugs in flower ( you only have 3 sprays u can use for conserve ) and the reason also is just trying to give spaces and resistance guarantee.

Last edited by a moderator:
TerriR

TerriR

1. Yes industry / commercial grade for agricultural
2. 1-3 Into flower is max where you should stop foliar spraying To guarantee no issues at harvest on a plant at 8-12 weeks of bloom ( even thou it prolly wouldn’t be a issue otherwise, better safe than sorry)
3. Yes it will def take those caterpillars /moths ( works jut as good as dipel df )
4. Hit it like this conserve sc , alt choice #1 , alt choice #2, conserve sc, alt choice #1, alt choice #2 , conserve sc ( since you can only use it 3 times max? These pest can become resistant and it’s always best to play the IPM /rotate game ) apply everything 3-4 days
so if I spray on week 3 of flower, then they have to go all the rest of the weeks til harvest with no spraying? I think I sprayed spinosad last year up to 2 weeks before harvest...

B

Burned Haze

Use after week 3, h2o2 at 5% with wetting Agent , Grandevo ( wetting agent ), venerate xc ( wetting agent ) , I use yucca extract

Those listed above would be what I would suggest for my rotate suggestion for before/after ratation , IPM of thrips

Get yourself proper ppe (not saying you have ), sprayer ( if you don’t have one, look Into paint sprayers, way better than foggers and hand sprayers ) and you shouldn’t have any infestation by last few weeks anyways

sonoragold

sonoragold

Tip time,,The next month is the most important part of your plants life, by now your plants are more then likely getting ready to start flowering or are flowering, these next few crucial weeks will determine your final outcome. I cannot stress enough to do this simple trick,First get yourself a pressurized sprayer, I use a battery powered one with a misting nozzle, it's time to start foliar feeding your plants, once a week for the next 3 to 4 weeks, use a mixture of sea kelp, I use nitrozime, but any will work, also a fulvic/humic product, I use Bioag, Fullpower or bioag humix,and a wetting agent, I use a product called Rain, mix them all together following the manufacturer's instructions, I personally spray my plants early AM, but other growers prefer in the evening. Soak them good, top to bottom and under the leaves, I guarantee you will see a huge difference in your plants, it turns mine the most beautiful emerald green, and you will also see much bigger and healthier buds with more color and taste

TerriR

TerriR

Tip time,,The next month is the most important part of your plants life, by now your plants are more then likely getting ready to start flowering or are flowering, these next few crucial weeks will determine your final outcome. I cannot stress enough to do this simple trick,First get yourself a pressurized sprayer, I use a battery powered one with a misting nozzle, it's time to start foliar feeding your plants, once a week for the next 3 to 4 weeks, use a mixture of sea kelp, I use nitrozime, but any will work, also a fulvic/humic product, I use Bioag, Fullpower or bioag humix,and a wetting agent, I use a product called Rain, mix them all together following the manufacturer's instructions, I personally spray my plants early AM, but other growers prefer in the evening. Soak them good, top to bottom and under the leaves, I guarantee you will see a huge difference in your plants, it turns mine the most beautiful emerald green, and you will also see much bigger and healthier buds with more color and taste
thanks man!!! I will go do that right now!

BudBogart

BudBogart

in 2 days these clones will be 2 weeks old...good so far. Keeping them in a dome under lights (14 hours on, 10 off). What is my best next step: move them outside where their mother is currently flowering, so I assume they will flower immediately OR set up the indoor grow? Could I adjust the light now and safely move them outside? Is that even an option?

I’m not a clone guy, but I don’t think they would have enough roots to supply the moisture those leaves will need under the hot sun. As for lights, stick a solar led light next to it to prevent flowering.

TerriR

TerriR

I’m not a clone guy, but I don’t think they would have enough roots to supply the moisture those leaves will need under the hot sun. As for lights, stick a solar led light next to it to prevent flowering.
thanks Bud...since this post I set up the tent and ordered 2 quantum boards...winter hobby! 😁

Top Bottom