2nd Grow - Magnum 357 - OG Kush

• Thread starter CA5P3R
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dr.green 101

do these lights work as well as they say they do and would you still go out and buy one now knowing the results

P

Paidfour

Everything if seen looks real impressive! I'm going to start my first grow ever and just ordered a 4x8 tent, 2 mag+, 12 air pots. Any advice would be helpful

Ever after

Ever after

so it seems like the diamond series yield way more than the magnum led lights wow im impressed with both lights but dang the diamond series really kicks ass if thats all you got i would think from a mag+! you would get at least 2.5 grams per watt. is it all because the diamond series as that reflector?

P

PatFenis

so it seems like the diamond series yield way more than the magnum led lights wow im impressed with both lights but dang the diamond series really kicks ass if thats all you got i would think from a mag+! you would get at least 2.5 grams per watt. is it all because the diamond series as that reflector?

He used an original magnum for this grow not the magnum+, he has another journal on here with a magnum+ that is looking fukken sick!!!

jankelito

jankelito

Hey Ca5p3r awesome fn thread man very detailed and you never fall off from keeping us updated. I had my own little closet set up 300w led lights (looks like all the made in china, not sure on make). I am about to set up a 5x5 grow tent and wanted to ask you first. To this date if you had to purchase two grow lights what would they be since there so many economical ones out now. Second this is my frist grow using general hydroponics Nute (green,pink,purple) i wanted to know what you would recommend for Nutes. Also I am thinking of getting 3Gal pots but still not sold on your method of air pots or the fabric pots. Based in the east cost unforntunately for me but willing to spend for what its worth thanks.

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Hey Ca5p3r awesome fn thread man very detailed and you never fall off from keeping us updated. I had my own little closet set up 300w led lights (looks like all the made in china, not sure on make). I am about to set up a 5x5 grow tent and wanted to ask you first. To this date if you had to purchase two grow lights what would they be since there so many economical ones out now. Second this is my frist grow using general hydroponics Nute (green,pink,purple) i wanted to know what you would recommend for Nutes. Also I am thinking of getting 3Gal pots but still not sold on your method of air pots or the fabric pots. Based in the east cost unforntunately for me but willing to spend for what its worth thanks.

Thanks for the kind words my friend.

5x5 huh, that sound like some good room to work with. I have some friends that are running a 4x8 with 4 Original Magnums and they are doing pretty well. They did have a lot of problems on their first grow with pests and ph I believe but just checked theirs out last week and now they are running a pretty nice SCROG and it is gonna be quite the haul, I'd say about a week from being done.

As for my opinion, I can't really give you a real broad one because I have only used the Original Magnum and now just finished my first round with the Mag+. I think the Original Magnum is fantastic, I had no headaches except some unrelated tray leakage and it was the easiest couple grows ever.

The Mag+ I had some heat issues with initially but it was my fault because the coils on the AC unit in my room were frozen and the compressor wasn't kicking on and I didn't even realize that the AC was not cooling the room down at all. Once I figured that out it went pretty well. Few more grows with it and I'm sure I will be just as confident.

There are some other brands out there that seem to be pretty good as well, but I only have second hand knowledge on them and can't really say yay or nay, but have seen some great results with them in this forum and a few others that I visit.

For Nutes so far I have only used Flora Nova Grow and Bloom, Floralicious, KoolBloom and CalMag. Sometimes I use some Blackstrap Molasses as well. Once again this is all I have used so far but I was donated a bunch of DNF brand Nutrients which I plan to try out soon.

C

crackhair

hey there i wanted to ask about how frequently you have been watering your indoor garden, cause there is a lot less evaporation from using the LED lighting.
Did you "manually water them" or set up an "auto watering system" for them??
How often did you water your plants?
Did you use a carbon filter in your room?
Did you need to add heat to the room?
sorry i didn't have time to read your whole 13 pages of posts got ADD

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

hey there i wanted to ask about how frequently you have been watering your indoor garden, cause there is a lot less evaporation from using the LED lighting.
Did you "manually water them" or set up an "auto watering system" for them??
How often did you water your plants?
Did you use a carbon filter in your room?
Did you need to add heat to the room?
sorry i didn't have time to read your whole 13 pages of posts got ADD

Hey sorry for the late reply, been away from the journalling for a bit.

I water manually and I do it about every 5 days after a re-pot and once the roots take hold usually comes down to 3-4days. I just judge it by how the soil feels and if the plants start to droop the smallest bit.

I made a little carbon filter out of some plastic plumbing stuff from the hardware store and some screen and carbon pellets. You can see it in my first grow.

I didn't need to add any heat to the room. The room itself is around 70f and the tents usually sits around 75-82f.

Hope that helps. :)

L

LEDNewbie

CASP3R, you plan on doing a grow journal with the Magnum 357+ ?? What size area did you grow with your Magnum+ last round? What do you feel the actual useable foot print is on the original Magnum 357? Trying to figure out if 2 180W Magnum's are capable of covering a 5x5 area with great results?....

Enjoyed reading your journal, thought I was settled on buying the new Spectra 180W LED's but now looking at these Magnums, just want to make sure I'm buying the best light possible!!! 8^)

Top Bottom