A closer look at the UC

• Thread starter QuarterbackMo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

http://i306.invalid.com/albums/nn272/f1ydave/Grow/IMG_0611.jpg

He's built kind of like a root aphid.

I think we've found your new avatar, QuarterbackMo.

rofl i swear im about to use it roflmfao

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

dont worry im gonna go through everyones uc grows on every growing website... I am still waiting to see the flawless plants i been preaching about from the start. Ill be back with more threads to sick plants in undercurrent grows here shortly... rest assured this thread will hold a link to every single one I find.

St3ve

St3ve

I'm not going to post pics, so you may just disregard but I do have a few comments.

Every system is different. Period. Each plant has its own preferences and every system has its own idiosyncrasies. You already know that you say? Then why are you contradicting yourself by saying "Why aren't the plants as good as this different system running the same way". Whatever the differences are from UC to straight up RDWC are apparently enough to make it impossible for you to achieve the same results from doing the same things. ~Fact

Comparing what nutes your buddies run in their systems and nutes that you've run in similar systems are moot. The only thing YOU should be comparing is what nutes YOU'VE run in the UC only. If you can't get what you want, try something different. You're trying so hard to hang on to something that works in another system. ~Fact

If you are truly committed to learning your UC system then scrap what you are trying to force and get back to the basics. Walk before you run. Get some base nutes recommended by UC and nothing else. Ditch your adds and co2. If you can't get to your PERFECT version of what you feel they should look like, then you shouldn't try and add all the other stuff.

Stop spending your time trying to look at everyone else's results. They are irrelevant to your world and whatever point you're trying to prove here. I personally have had great results from mine, and could care less about other ppls failures. Not to mention, you're going to get far more pics of problems than you will of successes. Not everyone posts grow logs.. most ppl just post when they need help.

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm busting your balls too much. I can tell by your posts that you're a smart dude but I think sometimes we are all just too close to our own projects.

ps: nice avatar :)

DR.GT

DR.GT

medmaneast is monitoring a grow that to me looks absolutely amazing and its just the basics that seem to keep them better than most.. keep it simple, keep it clean, keeps them happy! period!

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

I'm not going to post pics, so you may just disregard but I do have a few comments.

Every system is different. Period. Each plant has its own preferences and every system has its own idiosyncrasies. You already know that you say? Then why are you contradicting yourself by saying "Why aren't the plants as good as this different system running the same way". Whatever the differences are from UC to straight up RDWC are apparently enough to make it impossible for you to achieve the same results from doing the same things. ~Fact

Comparing what nutes your buddies run in their systems and nutes that you've run in similar systems are moot. The only thing YOU should be comparing is what nutes YOU'VE run in the UC only. If you can't get what you want, try something different. You're trying so hard to hang on to something that works in another system. ~Fact

If you are truly committed to learning your UC system then scrap what you are trying to force and get back to the basics. Walk before you run. Get some base nutes recommended by UC and nothing else. Ditch your adds and co2. If you can't get to your PERFECT version of what you feel they should look like, then you shouldn't try and add all the other stuff.

Stop spending your time trying to look at everyone else's results. They are irrelevant to your world and whatever point you're trying to prove here. I personally have had great results from mine, and could care less about other ppls failures. Not to mention, you're going to get far more pics of problems than you will of successes. Not everyone posts grow logs.. most ppl just post when they need help.

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm busting your balls too much. I can tell by your posts that you're a smart dude but I think sometimes we are all just too close to our own projects.

ps: nice avatar :)
No offense taken thats why the thread is here... My point in going through other peoples journals is this... How come you can look on any other fourm and see the perfection I keep preaching about but this one... Why is it everybodys plants in the uc look like they are sick? The only 2 grows i saw so far that looked pretty righteous is ucmenow and medmaneast... And i feel like my friends nutrient runs are important and relevant because they know how to grow really good so by them using them I would say I got a pretty good idea of what does what... As far as sticking to what I know yes I agree thats also why this thread is here... I have seen what hg can do and it doesnt perform right in the uc... I use hg in everything from my soilless all the way to the uc and its never let me down until it hits the uc. Everybody keep trying to call me a bum and shit but how come my uc grows look better then most of yours?... I posted 3 journals worth of pics and if you flip back a page or two those pics look just as good as ucmenow or medmaneast grow....on the flipside though its still not perfect... Im pressing the issue about the nutrients because I have seen what hg can do I fully believe in HG as I know it can kick out plants that imo cant get any better (really) ive seen it I know what its capable of and it works great in every other system but this one. Yes its a big deal for me cuz I feel for the 1200+ your gonna spend on the uc or the 800+ your gonna spend building your own you better be able to hit the fucking nail on the head. Good results arent good enough Im striving for perfection. So back to the original question... How come since day 1 of firing this up its never kicked out a perfectly healthy plant from start to finish? How come everybody else cant either(the journal links prove that point by far)... Im just gonna go ahead and start putting my experiments in motion I bet if its not the co2 gen its gonna be something in the uc and me rubbing it in peoples faces that i fuckin told you so lol.

Lets look at some facts about the uc that are pretty common....
-Not a lot of people are having major success.
-the only difference between this and another rdwc is a faster flow rate design wise.
-If you see a yellow or burnt tip which is extremely common in the uc your shit is not on point.
-The uc produces a week or two of wtf mode when you drop your perfect clones in there.
-leaves look like they are uncomfortable in the uc...you wouldnt know the difference if you never seen a healthy relaxed leaf... all uc leaves as well as my own and ucmenow and medmaneast all have those stress ripples in their leaves texture.
-in the uc the ph tends to swing like a mf compared to anything else which isnt exactly a bad thing like that but its not normal for these stable nutrients either.

Im gonna experiment and when it gets figured out ill be the first to let you all know... And yes this will get figured out.

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Im not trying to bash just problem solve... Imo im the one getting bashed on cuz im pointing out the obvious and going against the grain. There shouldnt be a reason all this shit keeps happening to people. I guarantee you its not the nutes the uc really aint that special. You should be able to press on as normal and get the same results. Thats not the nutes its the uc. It could be my co2 burner too so next grow we will see about that also ill leave that tuned off and see if anything changes im pretty sure i know whats gonna happen but just to rule it out.

I have been thinking about this and what im gonna do is run a small uc test grow on a small 4 site uc xl and try different things until the culprit is found. My guess is still pvc or the chiller. Time will tell stay tuned.

St3ve

St3ve

I guess I'm not sure what you're having a problem with. I mean, I get it about the spots and tip burn, but I've seen lots of healthy plants. You're talking about some plant sheen.. and comparing how the leaves look from one system to another. I've had the same strains for forever and have seem them grow in Dirt, rockwool, hydroton, dwc, rdwc, and the UC. Any while there are similarities, the plants look different. The roots, the leaves, the stem and stalk.

Maybe what you're seeing is just an overall different style of growing from inside and out. If its a nice green, with no spots of discoloration, grows fast and produces well then I don't know what you're not happy with?

And for the record, I believe my girls to be healthy. They always look just like the picture you posted on the first page. But I won't post pics so I guess that makes it inadmissible. The only times I get spots is if I get lazy and don't raise the nutes fast enough when they're vegging. I only use base nutes, and I let the PH swing.

convex

convex

I don't run a burner myself but have often wondered the affect of burners and a sealed environment.

NOx and SOx are usually by products of burning propane/NG, while I am sure manufactured burners adhere to strict standards, I can't help to think that there would be an accumulation over time.

Not saying this is the problem, but perhaps something to consider.

Cheers.

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

I don't run a burner myself but have often wondered the affect of burners and a sealed environment.

NOx and SOx are usually by products of burning propane/NG, while I am sure manufactured burners adhere to strict standards, I can't help to think that there would be an accumulation over time.

Not saying this is the problem, but perhaps something to consider.

Cheers.

Thats an extremely possible thing in my rooms. I have also been thinking about that. If its the burner then im glad I made this thread... The whole growing world will now know its not a good idea to not do a fresh air movement at the least once an hour or something while using a generator. More research needs to be done on this as well. Im not ruling this out at all. I do remember my first uc run i didnt use co2 though and still remember the plants not being up to par. Then again I was also overshooting my ph up by a few ml and wasnt compensating for the uc ph rise that seems to happen in this system which is expected when you been growing in the uc long enough. Its coming down the pipeline though we will see for sure. If you find anything on this subject let me know...

I also googled co2's effects on plants and found a few interesting things and one plain english article about co2 hindering plants natural defenses. They did a study that showed the co2 plants had a higher numer of bugs eating them alive then the non co2 plants in the study. It could very well be possible that the co2 itself is weakening the plants natural defenses and the byproducts of the generator is making the plants sick? Or the co2 decreasing the defense and the pvc or the chiller making them sick? I was sitting here thinking and reading more into the pvc. Did you know people develop athsma and respritory problems just from frequently being in the same room as pvc? Yet our plants roots that are ultra sensitive are just sitting there right on top of it literally growing in it rubbing up against it and whatnot... All in an acidic solution with raw minerals. Copper is also corrosive at in a low ph range so im reading... Im not sure what the material is that the coils of the chiller are made of idk if its copper or not where the water actually passes through but based off that alone maybe a cool coil might be better suited for out applications and running the chiller off 7+ tap water by itself....

Theres a lot that could be wrong here the good news is all this shit will be easy as ever to test. Stick around.

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

QB is not looking for any answers or solutions or he would find them easily. You can find fault in ANYTHING if you look hard enough. I do not even see the point of this thread. It damn sure has nothing to do with problem solving. That is one of the BEST features about the UC system; its ability to find any problems if they do arise and fix them easily, "by design".

The limits to this design is ONLY limited to the experience of the grower. Especially one that thinks he already knows or understands.

Cheers!

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

QB is not looking for any answers or solutions or he would find them easily. You can find fault in ANYTHING if you look hard enough. I do not even see the point of this thread. It damn sure has nothing to do with problem solving. That is one of the BEST features about the UC system; its ability to find any problems if they do arise and fix them easily, "by design".

The limits to this design is ONLY limited to the experience of the grower. Especially one that thinks he already knows or understands.

Cheers!

Call it what you want to... When I find out whats wrong ill let you know then you can thank me later... Idk if your a cc employee or what but me and daniel are cool bro there aint no uc bashing going on this way there is just a problem that needs to be solved. For you to sit here and tell me im trippin like you keep trying to shows your inexperience as a grower. Btw i checked your profile that was a real ameteur ass question you asked about the fem seeds not even a month ago lol. Do you even have a grow? Where is your pictures and journals? Reading through your topics you almost sound like one of them people who havent started growing yet but acts like an expert. Show me some shit to back up your success stories im still waiting on your pics. You can check mine out a few pages back and with the journals links in my sig... Where are yours?

St3ve

St3ve

I hear what you are saying QB.. but I still stand by my statements. You need to simplify things if you're going to learn things.

I'll still keep an eye on things to see if your spinning wheels uncover anything.

F

farmseeker

I have to agree in the beginning it was very frustrating with the UC.... I read, tried different things and finally after a few problematic runs dialed the system.... I have a Ebb and Gro monster that I was running in another room that was having awsome results.... I did the half nute thing.. RO water.... Cal Mag... You name it.. I grew herb but it was always anemic...certain strains had necrotic leaves, yellowing, rust spots... etc.... The last run I used tap water, full strength nutes plus, a little calmag..... and it blew away the ebb and gro.... My plants were very healthy... I had a little calmag deficiency and I had way too much light blasting so the top fan leaves were pale in color.... But once I got the nute strength right I only had lush green growth... I can post picks of some pineapple chunk I am about ready to chop.. it is pretty perfect... But then again the top colas are slightly bleached from the lighting.... All I can say is don't give up... I almost did and am glad I didn't.... I am actually excited to run the strains again I did the first few rounds and see what they can really do... Take care and keep up the good work QB!

Legallyflying

Legallyflying

QB is king of the trolls.

Have you tried a single idea that was thrown your way? I read this entire thread and the only consistant theme is people offer advice and you say "no that's not it; why does the UC do this?"

I'm sure that most of the other informed grower on this thread have come to the same conclusion. It ain't the UC, it's the QB.

M

medmaneast

House and Garden Nutrients....Full line but did not run algen extract....Cal mag 5ml per gal with ro...

OG kush Abusive
Ogka hg

White Widow Max
Ww max hg

i have veg shots to but I think these say enough...Nothing wrong with the UC or house and garden nutrients....Med

T

tipper619sd

very nice shots and although i am a noob i have had those issues in areoponics for me it was nute strength. I am switching to supernatural since it has all the cal mag in it. I love H&G but i personally think in veg something happens with the plants. So i will be doing my first uc grow here in a few weeks and post pics to show results love the thread a lot of information for me as a new uc owner to improve without asking many questions thanks to all u helpful knowledgeable people on this thread thank u. But if i had to say i would try a new line of nutes or cut back the nutes big time. This system saves on nutes like no other. PEACE AND HAPPY GROWING

dankworth

dankworth

Your avatar ain't shit. I will get a way fatter shirtless fuck for my avatar.
That is all.

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

House and Garden Nutrients....Full line but did not run algen extract....Cal mag 5ml per gal with ro...

OG kush Abusive
View attachment 197218

White Widow Max
View attachment 197219

i have veg shots to but I think these say enough...Nothing wrong with the UC or house and garden nutrients....Med

I also had my best uc grow starting at 3ml per gallon calmag and topping out at 5ml per gallon running hg at 1ml less then the feed chart. You sir have a nice greenthumb I am impressed by your grows from what I have seen so far. :yes

Top Bottom