• Start date
  • Tagged users None
north knect

north knect

Guess il have to do a little lst and hope they don't herm on me then

dilligaf

dilligaf

I've heard they don't like it. That's what @CaptainHowdy has said.[/QUOTE

autos don't have the time to get over being topped...in my experience it takes approximately a week to get over and get back to growing on any strains I have grown...just look for strains that finish small if limited to a small cabinet

D

Quagmire

Quagmire

Best Auto Flowering thread EVER.. thanks so much, you have answered so many questions I had and with me growing my very 1st Auto grow I've already made a few mistakes.. but, I got lucky feeding them the flowering nutes like you said not to, first onset of bud growth at day #20.. yet they still stretched to almost 3ft.. ( AK47 x Sour60 ). 3 females and one male who I collected pollen from and painted chosen buds so as not to lose the entire grow to seed stock.. just wanted to save the genetics and have something to keep playing with.. right behind them is Blue Streak and SSC M69. I am so impressed with these new auto's available and my small setup is perfect for them I intend on keeping it going..
After some research I plan on using T.H. Seeds Bubblegum as my base strain to pollinate.. from what I've read the BGum has some of the best uniformity of most any strains.. I know the Sour60 is BOG's Sour Bubble which is a BGum.. but I'd rather start with something pure ya know.. I've downloaded your nutrient schedule and will use it from now on.. I mean how can you NOT follow the advice of a 14yr Auto Veteran.. thanks again..

Quagmire

Quagmire

I do have one good question: If I pollinated an Auto with a male NON Auto, but it finishes very fast already.. how hard would it be to turn it into a true Auto Flowering variety? for example: Bubblegum Auto Fem x Juicy Fruit
Thanks for taking the time to post all this.. man it's helped me learn more about this adventure I"m on... peace

Here's my AK47 x Sour60 at day #27 from seed..

IMG 0033
north knect

north knect

Best Auto Flowering thread EVER.. thanks so much, you have answered so many questions I had and with me growing my very 1st Auto grow I've already made a few mistakes.. but, I got lucky feeding them the flowering nutes like you said not to, first onset of bud growth at day #20.. yet they still stretched to almost 3ft.. ( AK47 x Sour60 ). 3 females and one male who I collected pollen from and painted chosen buds so as not to lose the entire grow to seed stock.. just wanted to save the genetics and have something to keep playing with.. right behind them is Blue Streak and SSC M69. I am so impressed with these new auto's available and my small setup is perfect for them I intend on keeping it going..
After some research I plan on using T.H. Seeds Bubblegum as my base strain to pollinate.. from what I've read the BGum has some of the best uniformity of most any strains.. I know the Sour60 is BOG's Sour Bubble which is a BGum.. but I'd rather start with something pure ya know.. I've downloaded your nutrient schedule and will use it from now on.. I mean how can you NOT follow the advice of a 14yr Auto Veteran.. thanks again..
3feet already eh? Wat r u using for a light?

Quagmire

Quagmire

3feet already eh? Wat r u using for a light?
Actually I'm only using a 400w hps and just the bulb that came with the package deal for now. Roots organic soil and their Buddha line of foods. flushed last night for the 1st time so I can start following the feeding diagram shown on here. I did get a wee bit of burn feeding full strength last week.. Pretty sure the AK47 added to this big stretch as I used to run Serious Seeds version of it and it would almost triple in size by time it was done.. just now starting to slow down upward growth and concentrate on more bud production..

IMG 0045
IMG 0046
S

Seraphim19

Hey Quagmire

sorry it has taken so long to reply, I have been away from the growing scene for a while on family business but I am back now so,

If you crossed a true auto(one that will bud under 24hrs of light) with ANY photoperiod plant the resulting seeds will have a lot of different properties. most of them will be early finishing photoperiod plants but anywhere from 1 in 8 to 1 in 4 of them will have dominant autoflowering genetics.

so to make a photoperiod plant an auto variety all you would have to do is germinate 10 or more of the 1st cross seeds in small pots and put them under 20-24hrs light. once they are up within a month the autos will show themselves and enter the preflower stage. if you use these plants for the next generation you will find that the ratio of autoflowering plants produced by the second cross will be greater than the first, and by the 4th generation if you have selected the autos properly you should have a batch of 100% autos

B

Bongwater830

Ok fellow blades. I would like some help understanding my first experience with Autos. I grew Auto Critical Mass and Auto Cheese. The medium was coco, in airpots with AN Conoseur line of nutrients. Plants got very large, very pretty with large colas, great smell, but wouldn't get you high...at all! Extremely dissapointing after 10+ weeks of work and daily care. What happened? Peace...bongwater

S

Seraphim19

@Bongwater830 I cant be 100% certain what happened without more info, but usually the lack of strength is down to poor genetics. I have personally grown some auto plants that did the same thing and the reason I was able to come to this conclusion is that the plants I grew were grown side by side with others in the same environment and given the same nutrient schedule so the only possible variable that could have affected them was genetics.

The thing is that as autos have advanced there have been an increasing number of unscrupulous breeders, that seeing the potential of autos, have produced new lines without the proper quality control in order to get them out on the market asap. So my advice is to go with only the most reputable breeders/seed banks gear. i.e. dutch passion, sweet seeds, delicious seeds

What brand were your plants?

B

Bongwater830

Advanced BioDiesel Mass
Royal Queen Cheese

I am anxious to try Autos again in my hoopy. Any recommendations?

S

Seraphim19

@Bongwater830 both of those seed companies have had issues. I have tried biodiesel mass 3 times and not one of the seeds germinated. never tried anything by royal queen but I have read that there were a lot of issues with their seed including hermies.

For a cheese i would recommend dinafem cheese for the authentic smell and flavour or barneys little cheese for a good yield but it doesn't have the same depth of smell as the dinafem one.

other autos I have tried and would recommend are:
Dutch passion - blueberry, think different, white widow
Delicious - la diva
Sweet seeds - red poison, black cream, dark devil, s.a.d.

north knect

north knect

@Bongwater830 both of those seed companies have had issues. I have tried biodiesel mass 3 times and not one of the seeds germinated. never tried anything by royal queen but I have read that there were a lot of issues with their seed including hermies.

For a cheese i would recommend dinafem cheese for the authentic smell and flavour or barneys little cheese for a good yield but it doesn't have the same depth of smell as the dinafem one.

other autos I have tried and would recommend are:
Dutch passion - blueberry, think different, white widow
Delicious - la diva
Sweet seeds - red poison, black cream, dark devil, s.a.d.
Have u ever tried crop king seeds?

S

Seraphim19

Have u ever tried crop king seeds?
I haven't tried crop king myself, but when I looked up grows journals about crop king 90% of the documented grows had the same issue. The autoflowering varieties are not autoflowering. by this I mean that you would still need to drop the light hours to 12/12 to induce flowering

north knect

north knect

I haven't tried crop king myself, but when I looked up grows journals about crop king 90% of the documented grows had the same issue. The autoflowering varieties are not autoflowering. by this I mean that you would still need to drop the light hours to 12/12 to induce flowering
Well that's good to kno..I've got 2purple kush auto fems by crop king at 9 days from seed..guess if I don't see pistols by max day thirty il give them a flip..il have to wait and see I suppose..I haven't been able to find much on them aside from a few you tube videos but people didn't have issues from wat I saw

Quagmire

Quagmire

Hey S19.. all that makes sense regarding the breeding info. I pollinated auto x auto, same strain of AK x Sour60.. it did show sex at like day 16 or so, male 1st of course.. I allowed him to open pollinate because the females took their sweet time making themselves avail for receiving it.. collected from him later and hand pollinated using paint brush.. hoping to just keep this going, will know if it's worth it after another month or so.. One thing I do notice is trichome production is a bit slow. hoping that changes..
Lots of great information being shared here, learning from all of it.

str8smokn

str8smokn

@north knect how tall / how many nodes are your plants at 9 days?Just trying to judge how mine should look in a couple days, I'm sitting at 2-3 days above ground w/ PARADISE seeds VERTIGO, still only one set of true leafs. I Have 130watts of CFL on her now, with a 400 wt HPS waiting above for ONE more set of true leafs.@seraphim19 I'm guessing I should wait for two nodes before turning on HPS,or is it cool to turn on? At least 24" above plant.

north knect

north knect

@north knect how tall / how many nodes are your plants at 9 days?Just trying to judge how mine should look in a couple days, I'm sitting at 2-3 days above ground w/ PARADISE seeds VERTIGO, still only one set of true leafs. I Have 130watts of CFL on her now, with a 400 wt HPS waiting above for ONE more set of true leafs.@seraphim19 I'm guessing I should wait for two nodes before turning on HPS,or is it cool to turn on? At least 24" above plant.
Mine are about 2.5 inches tall with 2 full sets and the third pushin threw..not the fastest growing or fattest leafs I've seen but I kno a lot can happen in a hurry..I've got 2-200 watt Cfls on the 2 plants in one gallon containers..the tap root hit bottom Yesterday..their a cross or Cali purple kush and afghani so I hope they stay short..ordered an led but had to send back to mars..fans wernt workin so waiting on the new one to come

north knect

north knect

Top Bottom