Wanted Alcapolco gold recommendation

• Thread starter azmmjadvocates
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzzz

Buzzzz

As far as herming goes, was happy to see 3 or 4 out of ten when I first ran her. This tells me she is as landrace as I can get. I believe, if you have an heirloom, or landrace, it SHOULD hermaphrodite. And if it doesnt, it can't be a natural surviving landrace, because it cant survive without human interaction. I cant guarantee no intersex with the seeds I'm giving away, but I know that I removed them for 3 generations, and I dont see them anymore.

As far as herming goes, was happy to see 3 or 4 out of ten when I first ran her. This tells me she is as landrace as I can get. I believe, if you have an heirloom, or landrace, it SHOULD hermaphrodite. And if it doesnt, it can't be a natural surviving landrace, because it cant survive without human interaction. I cant guarantee no intersex with the seeds I'm giving away, but I know that I removed them for 3 generations, and I dont see them anymore.
I'd have to disagree with your take. Cannabis is dioecious and wind pollinated or animals and insects distribute seeds after ingestion or pollen on hair,feathers etc. Heirloom and landrace are two different terms. Heirloom is the result human cultivation, selection and or breeding and favoured and passed down. Landrace plants acclimated or locally adapted to a region and pollinated amongst themselves with little to no variation over time and contain genes to battle or survive stresses required for their particular area,but they all originated in Asia,many say the Tibet Plateau area as origin,perhaps not being native to the region causes hermies or they are simply mutations.

T

Topsrite

Who do you guys recommended for good old school alcapolco gold and other sativas to legal U.S. Arizona?
Hi there. I’m old enough to remember the real Acapulco gold and it was very gold and very tasty. Unfortunately the best I think you can hope for is a landrace version like anesia seeds offers or did. That said it’s hard to verify what you really get. The gold , very gold color was really more of the way the plant was handled, sun related and all the stuff that died in the late 70’s. That also was similar to the beautiful Panama red along the same timeline. Back in the 80’s I scored some mechocuan, (probably spelled wrong ) while in Texas and that was even better, it put dicky in the dirt! Like real Thai stick did. The bad news is your unlikely to find that again either, but the good news is I have been growing since the late 80’s and even better I still have plenty of seeds, lol🤭

H

hawkman

there are many lines of that strain if you want a "open pollination" landrance/heirloom strain conside MassMedical genetic's (as mentioned abive) there are some very good breeders/banks that offer the real thing - hit me up for a list of

T

Topsrite

All the ag seeds I've see are fake. Except for breeders, nobody wants to grow the pure 100% sativas
That’s very true. This is also true for Panama red. I got some very pure sativa seeds in the early 90’s that were from Mexico, that was some of the most powerful smoke I think I’ve ever had. I’m completely familiar with the Acapulco gold from the 70’s (truly pure gold color) Panama red and back to the mid 70’s with Thai stick, but this stuff was and still is the best smoke around. I’ve grown many new types and a lot of autos which I like for indoor growing, but nothing like that weed from Mexico. FB would call this stuff Mexican rocket airlines, lol

Glassdub

Glassdub

I think the HCG seeds are pretty legit, just a bit pricy tapping on that heirloom strain market.

growsince79

growsince79

I think the HCG seeds are pretty legit, just a bit pricy tapping on that heirloom strain market.
1971 seeds out of stock but coming soon makes me wonder.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

That’s very true. This is also true for Panama red. I got some very pure sativa seeds in the early 90’s that were from Mexico, that was some of the most powerful smoke I think I’ve ever had. I’m completely familiar with the Acapulco gold from the 70’s (truly pure gold color) Panama red and back to the mid 70’s with Thai stick, but this stuff was and still is the best smoke around. I’ve grown many new types and a lot of autos which I like for indoor growing, but nothing like that weed from Mexico. FB would call this stuff Mexican rocket airlines, lol
Before Nixon wiped out the plants in Mexico with paraquat,Mexican strains were one of the most psychoactive on the planet. Then Columbian and Asian strains were imported to fill the void. Mexican strains still carry the genes but it's hard to find.

T

Topsrite

Before Nixon wiped out the plants in Mexico with paraquat,Mexican strains were one of the most psychoactive on the planet. Then Columbian and Asian strains were imported to fill the void. Mexican strains still carry the genes but it's hard to find.
That’s correct. Paraquat was 2 fold. One to kill the plants, the other to scare us into not smoking it because it was covered with the poison. You are also correct about the quality,Some of the Mexican weed was superb before that stupidity of spraying.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Yeah a lot of banks say they do. I think it’s just an abused name being used.
True gold plants don't rely solely on harvest techniques to turn gold although this does help . Columbian gold is one ,not all were gold ex: columbian redbud, yet both were usually sundried or left in the ground after girdling using similiar traditional harvest techniques .

T

Topsrite

True gold plants don't rely solely on harvest techniques to turn gold although this does help . Columbian gold is one ,not all were gold ex: columbian redbud, yet both were usually sundried or left in the ground after girdling using similiar traditional harvest techniques .
Your right. Some grow lighter in color than others, but the manner in which they are ripened ( harvested and dried) is the biggest factor in color determination. Besides the the gold and red the other Colombian and Panama strain was called Colombian dirt. I spent time in Panama and this was well known and was the most prevalent street weed.

Top Bottom